N-Europe

Mac Thread

Charlie

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Caris, a quick note....

Quark Xpress isn't the industry standard anymore. It's been slowly dying the past 5 years, and working in the design industry I can safely assure you its on its way out. After totally shafting OSX users early on and failing to keep up with InDesign's innovations most studios have made the switch to InDesign.

I think the UK mac adverts are decent. Seen them on alot of bus stops as well. http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/store/pcw_page.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@1253907892.1170175390@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccegaddjmdgekegcflgceggdhhmdgmh.0&page=ProductList&category_oid=-27739&show_all=true

thought I'd post that here, as it seems like quite a good price for the iMac.

Ah christ, I would have bought one if they were in stock! I have the money ready.

Any chance of them staying at that price?

Apple's don't change prices, actually. Only a few times they do change and that's never something to talk about. If you're paying 900£ right now, you'll be paying that in a few years, too, except we forgot inflation here. Macs are same priced, every time again.

Slow thread for a sticky, this one - though there's so much to say about macs...

Apple's don't change prices, actually. Only a few times they do change and that's never something to talk about. If you're paying 900£ right now, you'll be paying that in a few years, too, except we forgot inflation here. Macs are same priced, every time again.

I ment at the price on the PC World link, I doubt it anyway.

I ment at the price on the PC World link, I doubt it anyway.

Even so - I see that even MediaMarkt here in Belgium, about the biggest Media store in the country, has exactly the same prices Apple offers. All the other computers are cheaper there than with the concurrence, except macs.

• 2 weeks later...
Ok then: viruses.

And... Macs? What does everyone think?

Haven't had any problems with those yet - think of it this way: makin a virus for mac is making a virus for only a small part of the entire computer population, so nobody really spends time to do it. There a some - but not suffice to grab hold of one.The probably stop from the momeent a windows computer is reached and the command of sending them to the addressbook is unavaible.

It's true - -acs are virusless systems. That is, untill everyone buys a mac and making Mac virusses reaches the largest group and makes the most damage. Without damage there is no reason to make a virus, so no 'I love you' for mac tomorrow.

Ah, ok good. Basically I was wondering how many of us Mac users had been brain washed by their propaganda; but thankfully we're all quite realistic here.

I'm sure that in the next 3 years Mac's will still be quite safe - after that though Mac OS may become a target for some of the smarter hackers and programmers.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!