NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Garden_Pigeon

Guitar Hero for 360.

From TeamXbox:

RedOctane released today the first images of the box and guitar bundle for the Xbox 360 version of Guitar Hero II, the sequel to the game that has inspired a nation of wannabe rock stars to achieve videogame greatness.

Guitar Hero II is the follow-up to 2005’s award-winning release, Guitar Hero, which rocked the game industry and garnered a stack of awards including: “Best Offline Multiplayer Game 2005†and “Music Game of the Year 2005†from IGN.com, “Best Soundtrack 2005†at the Spike TV Videogames Awards and five D.I.C.E. awards, including Outstanding Innovation in Gaming and Family Game of the Year.

1167957373.jpg

1167957311.jpg

Discuss.

Oh amazing, i reckon ill cream myself when i get my hands on this, oh jesus i want it so bad. White Guitar for us? Score.

I havnt been following this game religiously so does anybody have any word on LIVE support?

I need it and I need it now. Hopefully this will be added to the growing number of Awesome 360 games.

MTV acquisition for the win.

Probably wont get a Wii version though, even if it sells XX million units.

MTV's main aim is to use it's industry contacts to get the songs (new and old) and extend that product to the teenage market that watch MTV.

Wii owners aren't in the teenage demographic (in the long run) unfortunately.

Encouraging. Hopefully we'll see more Sony games lose their exclusivity to the likes of Microsoft and Nintendo.

i have GH and GH II for PS2 . . . Why do i need it for 360 when its basicly a port with a bit of extra content?

Cool, I never noticed on the box it says downloadable content. If they make constant new songs, it would last real long.

Cool, I never noticed on the box it says downloadable content. If they make constant new songs, it would last real long.

I hope they dont make people pay for the other songs. That sould suck.

I may get this. Just for something to pass the time.

i have GH and GH II for PS2 . . . Why do i need it for 360 when its basicly a port with a bit of extra content?

G@mer points.

360 is just trying to diversify itself a bit as quickly as possible.

It's in danger of being known as FPS/racer/sports console.

Awesome game. Got them both for the PS2. It really depends on the soundtrack update and download content for me to get it again. Probably wait till it comes cheap.

I'm now pleased i didn't buy Guitar Hero 2 for the PS2 like i was going too!

Like the fact we can download mores songs etc...that means it would never end!

Do you think someone would bring out a adaptor so that PS2 guitars can work on the 360?

I'm now pleased i didn't buy Guitar Hero 2 for the PS2 like i was going too!

Like the fact we can download mores songs etc...that means it would never end!

Do you think someone would bring out a adaptor so that PS2 guitars can work on the 360?

well theres already an adapter for the 360 to use a mouse and keyboard + ps2 controller.

the mouse and kb is crap, but the ps2 thing is good.

But its really expensive, $80

I already own the PS2 version of GH1 but i'll be looking to buy this for the online options. If the co-op mode is online, that will seal the deal.

When does the song list usually get announced?

I'm really interested in this and I've never played it before on the PS2.

Do we know how much it'll cost?

That would be pretty funky, to play against someone online.

I can see now, some random people with the vision camer wil lbe dressing up and posing with the guitar for some competition, or just for their own gamerpicture.

How much is it on PS2 anyway? I think we could see it for £50 over here. Maybe £55.

PS2 version with guitar is £40 on Gameplay, i'd expect it to be £50.

Similar thing to what I would've posted.

When I hear more on the songs and Live content then I'll make a decision.

I'm really having a hard time seeing the appeal of GH, sure it's got a cool controller and a decent soundtrack, but when it comes down to it it's just another rythmn game. Doubt I'll be getting this, especially not at the rumoured price of £80.

It would be funny seeing you with the guitar. Since the strap isn't the longest in the world, you'd look like a beatle guitarist. :D

Played Guitar Hero 1 and 2 at a friends flat today, must admit its a lot of fun. This now seems like a sound purchase for me.

Sign in to follow this