NEurope
Calza

Boy Copys Saddam's Execution

Looks like the mighty Nintendork has emmegrated over to General Chit Chat!

As for the boy, there isn't really much to go on as to why he did it. I don't think at 10 you're likely to commit suicide, or to know of hanging yourself, so it probably was accidental though nothing reallly determines it either way. He probably just didn't understand it when it was on, and wanted to try it or understand it, as weird as that sounds.

retard, i actually found it funny at first when i heared it on arab tv.

That's really tragic.

But it actually sounded quite funny before knowing the details, poor boy.

Sounds like he was a nice kid aswell, shame about this.

Darwin award anyone?

why is it they don't mention the possibility it might have been suicide?

The day before, he had watched the news of Saddam's execution on TV with an uncle and asked why he was killed.

Another uncle, Julio Gustavo, told the Houston Chronicle: "His uncle told him it was because Saddam was real bad.

"He (Sergio) said 'OK'. And that was it."

He was just told that it happened to Saddam because Saddam was "bad", maybe he did something he thought was "bad", and thought that this was a normal punishment, and him being 10 possibly not fully understanding the conseqeunces(sp?) of such an act thought he should "punish" himself?

why is it they don't mention the possibility it might have been suicide?

He was just told that it happened to Saddam because Saddam was "bad", maybe he did something he thought was "bad", and thought that this was a normal punishment, and him being 10 possibly not fully understanding the conseqeunces(sp?) of such an act thought he should "punish" himself?

That's a good point...I hadn't thought of that.

I don't know if you can remember when you were ten or if you know any ten year olds. But they know what death is, they know about behaviour and punishment.

I don't know if you can remember when you were ten or if you know any ten year olds. But they know what death is, they know about behaviour and punishment.

But if you've been brought up in such a way that you believe in karma, or just naturally punishing yourself without knowing the consequences, this is a very possible scenario.

But if you've been brought up in such a way that you believe in karma, or just naturally punishing yourself without knowing the consequences, this is a very possible scenario.

But hanging himself is a bit extreme. Maybe hurting himself but I seriously doubt that a ten year old owuld consider death as an apt punishment for himself. I could maybe understand a five year old but I doubt it possible of a ten year old.

But hanging himself is a bit extreme. Maybe hurting himself but I seriously doubt that a ten year old owuld consider death as an apt punishment for himself. I could maybe understand a five year old but I doubt it possible of a ten year old.

I think what Mokong might have been getting at was that he didn't know it would end his life as such, he thought it could have been the equivelent as a ''slap on the wrist''.

I think what Mokong might have been getting at was that he didn't know it would end his life as such, he thought it could have been the equivelent as a ''slap on the wrist''.

I know what he was saying but unless he had some sort of mental disability I doubt that he wouldn't realise that handing owuld kill him. If you know any ten year olds ask them about hanging and I'm sure that they would know it would kill them.

I don't think we're gonna get to the bottom of this so I'll say that you're probably right - but still, some families do have very strange ways of teaching their child discipline - have you seen the Jesus Camp videos? They were suddenly brought to mind.

Is it wrong to find this funny?

Depends, are you a muslim?

Lmao.

10char

Depends, are you a muslim?

"That's a very personal question Dan, I'll thank you to stay out of my personal affairs".

I don't think we're gonna get to the bottom of this so I'll say that you're probably right - but still, some families do have very strange ways of teaching their child discipline - have you seen the Jesus Camp videos? They were suddenly brought to mind.

No I've never seen them.