N-Europe

Official Bitch about Twilight Princess Thread!

The3rdChildren

Did people really think the puzzles were easy in this game?

The push block puzzle in snowpeak mansion was hard.

The push block puzzle in the hidden area was hard and so was the ToT staute puzzle.

But to me people find a reason to make sure that TP is not better than OoT.

I think they are talking about the puzzles in the dungeons. Those two took a while to do, but other than that, they are pretty simple.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do people actually support the 8.8 (8.9 GC) now having played the game? ... and by not basing their opions on hype, nintendo marketing and franchise loyalty. I think I do. My sig was meant to be trollish bit of irony. But now tis the truth indeed.

GAMESPOT FTW!!

Do people actually support the 8.8 (8.9 GC) now having played the game? ... and not basin their opions on hype, nintendo marketing and franchise loyalty. I think I do. My sig was meant to be trollish bit of irony. But now tis the truth indeed. GAMESPOT FTW!!

How on Earth is the GC one better than the Wii one?

How on Earth is the GC one better than the Wii one?

not looking at the horses butt all the time (as discussed)...can play in bed... precise timiing....etc..see review. I dont think the gamespot reviewer liked the the wii mote. I havent played the wii though so cant compare. See gamespot.

actually a quote from gamespot

While the GameCube controller is more precise when it comes to swinging your sword, the easier aiming and faster access to the spin attack make the Wii version's combat controls superior, even though they have a few issues of their own.

You can't go wrong with either version of the game, but if you're still trying to decide, the Wii version is just a bit better.

so they like the wii controls more yet give the gamecube a better score??? Maybe they just arnt as forgiving with next gen platform. I can understand that.

Do people actually support the 8.8 (8.9 GC) now having played the game? ... and by not basing their opions on hype, nintendo marketing and franchise loyalty. I think I do. My sig was meant to be trollish bit of irony. But now tis the truth indeed.

GAMESPOT FTW!!

No as hugely disappointing as TP is to me, I would never give it an 8.8.

8.8 in comparison to other Zelda games yes.

8.8 in comparison to all other video games, no way.

GAMESPOT FTW!!

Hell no. There's no way in hell does this game deserve an 8.8.

No as hugely disappointing as TP is to me, I would never give it an 8.8.

8.8 in comparison to other Zelda games yes.

8.8 in comparison to all other video games, no way.

^-- Score range, 9.0 to 9.4/10 overall is that right? (When you average out your 10/10 in comparison to other games but only 8.8/10 compared to previous Zelda games).

^-- Score range, 9.0 to 9.4/10 overall is that right? (When you average out your 10/10 in comparison to other games but only 8.8/10 compared to previous Zelda games).

How the hell do you ever remember your nickname?

And in my opinion the game deserves just a nine. No more, no less. Pointing that it's a great game, but not the best ever.

You can't average the two together, they're completely different.

How are they completely different? In editorial reviews, both of these things are taken into account to derive one final score, comparison of standards on other platforms and also other games in the series if its a series.

Why is it weighed 50:50 then? Surely comparing TP to all games in the world is more important that comparing it to other Zeldas? If you want fairness, review scores out of 10 or 100 need to be based on how the game compares within the genre and to other games made. Not on whether it's better than Wind Waker for instance.

Is that from an early version of the game, or do you get it in the last dundeon or something?

Early version of the game. They must of realised that the magic that was in the game would only be annoying (my guess is that statue thing wasted away the bar), and that it wasn't really unnecessary in the game.

Phantom Hourglass (from what i've seen) won't have all to much change in the controls. it will feature laods of touch-screen stuff, but the basics are still the same.

Your screenshot is old and IGN never posted a screenshot with a magic bar after the pre-release versions. The screenshots they made of the game had no magic bar. They made. Not the official ones Nintendo gives them. And the magic bar would be quite an unused and unnecesary gadget.

Games need to be rated towards the best game in th series. Don't compare to multiple things, because it will make you hard. If there ever is a Zelda-game better than the best Zelda game (generally assumed to be Ocarina of Time), than the next ones should be reviewed towards the new game. Right now, everything is still referring to ocarina of Time, or, my personal favourite, Majora's Mask.

Why is it weighed 50:50 then? Surely comparing TP to all games in the world is more important that comparing it to other Zeldas? If you want fairness, review scores out of 10 or 100 need to be based on how the game compares within the genre and to other games made. Not on whether it's better than Wind Waker for instance.

They both contribute to the same objective though, deriving a final score. Resident Evil 4 wouldn't have gotten the sorts of scores it got if it wasn't compared with previous installments in the series. Benchmarking like this determines how much the game has excelled the series within different time periods. Which in Twilight Princesses case, Zilch.

Both work hand in hand to attempt to provide the truest and fairest view of a particular game.

Is that from an early version of the game, or do you get it in the last dundeon or something?

no seeing as the magic armor uses rupees (like the arows in loz) its safe to bet that theres no magic in the game.

unfortunatly that meens they also did away with the fire, ice and light arows.

well were on the topic of items missing from the game why dosent twilight princess even have the mirror sheild

no seeing as the magic armor uses rupees (like the arows in loz) its safe to bet that theres no magic in the game.

unfortunatly that meens they also did away with the fire, ice and light arows.

well were on the topic of items missing from the game why dosent twilight princess even have the mirror sheild

Probably cos it wouldn't been difficult to incorporate. You have to move the shield around to deflect the light and solve puzzles. That would mean the shield would need to be mapped to another button and then you have to work out how to aim it, etc. I dunno. Either that, or it just wasn't needed.

It's not like every Zelda game needs every Zelda weapon ever in it. Would magic have made a great difference in this game? The ice arrows weren't even needed in OoT, and that could be said for the fire arrows, too. :heh: