NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
solitanze

The Greatest Sega Games?

To me the virtual console is second rate and is losing out on millions of dollars of potential revenue due to the inability to offer NTSC games for purchase in PAL regions and vice versa courtesy of 1990s style region restrictions, but I do like the fact Sega games are being put on as I've only ever bought Nintendo systems and apparently, they've been some very good games released on Sega Systems in recent years (Dreamcast excluded as it ain't featured on the virtual console).

Can any N-Europians inform me of the best Sega games to EVER release on the systems that they would recommend for me purchase on the virtual console? It would be nice if in your response you justify as to why you recommend I buy these particular games you suggest, i'll verify it based on current VC reviews, obviously the benchmark would be lower and i'll have it set at around 8/10, 7.5/10 at the absolute bare minimum and only if I decide to cut the game some slack.

Thanks in advance (to serious informative posts that is).

Streets of Rage: Awesome beat-up fun which is even more fun when you do it with a friend.

Power Rangers - The Movie: A lot like Streets of Rage and the only good movie-to-game tie in I can remember.

Also give Sonic the Hedgehog 2 a go If you haven't already played it. (These are all on the Mega-Drive but I don't think you can downlaod any of them yet.) :heh:

Panzer Dragoon Saga! Was on the Saturn, 'kin' awesome game, would love to see it on VC. Had it in my collection up until recently but they were going for £70 on eBay so flogged it!

well i'm just going to name out the megadrives greatest games whether they ever will appear or not.my favourites.in order

1:sonic 2

2:sonic 3

3:street fighter 2 turbo

4:Micromachines 96

5:alien storm

6:thunder force 4

7:golden axe

8:eternal champions

9:gunstar heroes

10:dynamite heady

they all might have a chance.thunder force has no chance i would think though

Your input is appreciated (to the users that have posted game titles in this thread). I'd probably purchase all Sega games on the virtual console, as I have no issues with money whatsoever, its just the extremely limited in built memory even with expansion of 2BG SD card on Wii that forces me to be selective with games...

Your input is appreciated (to the users that have posted game titles in this thread). I'd probably purchase all Sega games on the virtual console, as I have no issues with money whatsoever, its just the extremely limited in built memory even with expansion of 2BG SD card on Wii that forces me to be selective with games...

Delete and download again. Problem solved.

All the Sonics up to Sonic & Knuckles, Echo the Dolphin, Golden Axe, Shenmue I & II, streets of rage and some more

Delete and download again. Problem solved.

Not really as I want the ability to view every single game I purchase, just cycle through each and every single game, gaze at the introductory screens and say to myself, my money has gone towards this.

Wow, I didn't think you played games outside the top 10 in gamesrankings.

Anyway.... Sonic 1,2,3, and Knuckles are all great. Nights is obviously good, as well as the Panzer Dragoon games but I've not played much of them. Dunno what else. Ecco?

Late in the MEGADRIVE's life Konami released a Probotector game, it was not the SNES one, so I'd love to see that.

Sonic 2

Streets of Rage

Goldenaxe was a favourite of mine at the time, I bought it on the virtual console recently though and it hasn't aged as well as sonic 2.

Altered Beast was another good game but I don't know whether to buy it and be slightly disappointed as I was with Goldenaxe.

Streets of rage sounds like a game i should try, megadrive?

Also,a s for Shenmue, i couldn't get intot he first one.. i only played it for 10 minutes.

Great games:

Sonic 1,2 & 3d (on the Megadrive obviously). After that, sonic jsut went to the shitter.

Also,a s for Shenmue, i couldn't get intot he first one.. i only played it for 10 minutes.

Great games:

Sonic 1,2 & 3d (on the Megadrive obviously). After that, sonic jsut went to the shitter.

Yeah you should DEFINATELY play Streets of Rage, although the sequel is better (and yes, its on the megadrive).

Great games:

streets of rage doesn't stand the test of time.i have warned you.But try it anyway or wait for the surperior 2 and 3

streets of rage doesn't stand the test of time.i have warned you.But try it anyway or wait for the surperior 2 and 3

I agree. I play all three on emulation fairly regularly, but it's the second one I play the most. There's a lot of love for Streets of Rage on these boards, which is nice.

I would also recommend

Landstalker

Thunderforce 4

Revenge of Shinobi

A nice array of suggestions here. I'll analyse some reviews and then SPEND. Can you get any higher than a 2GB sd card?

Shenmue or Shinobi 3. Sega didn't make any really good games other than those.

As a SEGA lover - I was all over the Megadrive in its hey day! When the real (and original) format turf wars were fought...

Fought not in today's reactive blogs and forum sites but in the playgrounds and parks of our youth - where it ment so much more.

Ah... God bless the early 90's.

Here's some love from that era....

• Sonic 1/2/3 - but especially 2 (Sonic 2sday - who remembers that?).
  • Streets of Rage 1/2/3 - but especially 2.
  • Thunderforce IV - beautifull graphics/beutifull music.
  • Desert Strike: Return to the Gulf.
  • Jungle Strike.
  • Urban Strike (to a lesser degree).
  • Flashback.
  • Another World.
  • Robocop Vs. Terminator.
  • Earthworm Jim 1/2.
  • Streetfighter 2: Championship Edition.
  • RoadRash 2 - Wild Thing 2000 Yeehaa.
  • ComixZone.
  • Prince of Persia.
  • Pitfall: The Myan Adventure.
  • Golden Axe 1/2/3.
  • Mortal Kombat 2.
  • Revenge of Shinobi.
  • Strider.
  • Gunstar Hero's.
  • Alienstorm - remember that?

Cannon Fodder (Fun arcade / strategy)

Comix Zone (Stunningly stylish beat 'em up)

Ecco 2 - The Tides of Time (Beautiful 'platformer')

Gunstar Heroes (Fast paced side-scrolling shoot 'em up. Awesome graphics and gameplay)

Micro Machines '96 (Top down racer. Immense fun. This is the better version)

Outrun 2019 (Fast futuristic Racer)

Phantasy Star II (AWESOME RPG!)

Phantasy Star III (AWESOME RPG!)

Phantasy Star IV (AWESOME RPG! Even better than the last two!)

Shining Force (Great strategical RPG with huge turn based battles)

Shining Force II (As above.)

Sonic 2 (Probably the best Sonic game! Awesome gameplay, graphics and music)

Sonic 3 (Another great Sonic title)

Sonic and Knuckles (As above)

Sonic 3D Blast (Isometric 3D platformer. Very impressive visually but you may get bored before you complete it)

Street Fighter 2 Special Champion Edition (Top fighter)

Streets of Rage 2 (Legendary beat 'em up)

Streets of Rage 3 (Same formula as SoR2 but better graphics)

Toejam and Earl (Unique, original game. Try it!)

Toejam and Earl 2 (Completely different gameplay to the above. Fantastic graphics and great fun)

Vectorman (Probably the best looking Mega Drive game there is and flawless gameplay to match. This game looks even better than Mega CD and 32X games!)

Vectorman 2 (As above. I preferred the first one, although they're very similar)

Sign in to follow this