Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Should there be an OOT remake?

Zero

The sequels suck, but I'll never be one of those people who says FFVII was any less than fantastic. The story, the mood, the humour, the gameplay. FFVII has a place as a classic in my heart forever. A lot of people hate on FFVII just because it's popular, and that sucks.

Anyway, that mini-rant out of the way, onto the point. I always wanted an FFVII remake, and a port to the DS. I would absolutely love that in fact. FFVII, OoT, Resident Evil, they'll always be classics. Even if the companies responsible for them decide to rinse the franchise for every penny it's worth, the original will remain untouched and the best.

I still havn't played a FF game.. :red:

I already have 4 versions of Ocarina of Time.

But I'm a Nintendo whore and I'd buy it anyway.

I have it, and the master quest, on both the extra disk with Zelda:WW and the Collectors Edition. I also have the original on cartridge. But they're all the same. I'd love to see it done on the 20th anniversary in beautiful Hi Def with everything fully realised.

No remakes, it completely defeats the point of being classic. Don't you ever watch southpark? (free hat lol)

On the other hand, I never played an MGS game untill MGS1 was remade for the Cube. If it weren't for that remake I wouldn't have bought a Ps2 to get the other games.

On the other other hand, my mates who played the original MGS1 hated Twin Snakes, because remakes of 'classics' are always letdowns to people who played the game before.

This discussion is a bit pointless because it'll almost never happen for a million years.

This discussion is a bit pointless because it'll almost never happen for a million years.

Well you have a point but its more to see the want everybody else thinks of a remake and by reading the posts i dont think it would be a good move for nintendo if they ever decided to.

No.

I hate nintendo remaking stuff all the time, and this is definitely one game that I do not wish to see it done with, stop putting ideas in their head! We haven't even seen the gameboy advance super mirco nano yet!

Although they usually remake consoles quite well.

no leave it untouched. a remake would wreck it's classic status cos no doubt they would make alterations to it wouldn't please it everyone, its not possible. I'd much rather they gave us a brand new Zelda with a unique gameplay element, like oracle of ages/seasons and Majora's Mask time travel tomfoolery!

If OOT does get remade, please Nintendo leave it out of they way for awhile.

Um, what's broken about it? I only replayed it a couple of months ago, and it's still better than most games out there.

Dodgy control (especially on an n64 pad) and dodgy graphics. Obviously the story, level design etc. is still great, but it's just not very nice to play...

I replayed windwaker a few months ago, then went on to replay OoT after that, and it was awful to play in comparison. I can still enjoy it though, and yes, for it's time it's great.

Dodgy control (especially on an n64 pad) and dodgy graphics. Obviously the story, level design etc. is still great, but it's just not very nice to play...

I replayed windwaker a few months ago, then went on to replay OoT after that, and it was awful to play in comparison. I can still enjoy it though, and yes, for it's time it's great.

Hmm, have to say I disagree. The N64 pad being shit isn't the game's fault, and the graphics, for their time were amazing, and are still good enough to pull the whole game together.

I used to think OOT was better than WW a while ago, but I also think WW is better after replaying both recently. But OOT is still an awesome game, and I really can't see how it is "broken".

But I'm sure that if the wii control on TP sucked you would think less of it.

And the gameplay is real dodgy because of the n64 pad, and even when I tried it briefly on the GC pad, it still didn't play nearly as well as windwaker. It doesn't have the smoothness.