NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
spirited away

Fitness

My uni has a gym that's £15 a month, but I haven't found out much about it. I've never been a member of a gym before, I guess I'm kind of embarrassed of making a tit of myself, or looking weedy, I dunno.

Nah you shouldnt be, chances are anybody at the gym wasn't in a particularly healthy state when they first joined so wont mock you. Infact I find that nobody really pays attention to what anybody else is doing anyway. And for £15 a month you should definatly go you'll be hard pressed to find one cheaper when you finish uni.

I do 2 hours of manly dancing a week - which is in fact incredibly tiring and always has me aching/sweating. I used to trampet every night or second night but I've not done that in the last 3 weeks. I'll get back to it soon. I also have Core PE every week at school where me and Letty play football, basketball and exciting sports like that...

I go into town every Saturday which is pretty much 6 hours of walking - I count that as exercise, that must count! As you may tell, all of my exercise is stamina with very little muscle work - so I'm a weedy nerd.

me and Letty play football, basketball and exciting sports like that...

Not any more bitch :D

To answer the question at hand, I don't do anything at all. I'm a lazy fucker.

I go through phases where I go to the gym. Haven't been for a while, but I want to get back into it.

Weights, pressups and crunches are what I do. I've never tried to go running, as I think I would just look damn silly. :heh:

Sometimes play tennis, too.

Me too, I sit in a chair at work all day and at home all night, and I smoke/drink too much, but I'm skinny as, ha!

(btw - I know being skinny doesn't mean I'm healthy)

Exercise is for fat people.

And people who like sport.

And people who don't want to die young.

And people that don't want to have to make sure the lights are off when they get lucky.

And people who want to work in physical environments.

So....

Anyone else play squash?

Yeah I play regularly at a local club, lessons + league matches. Great sport although i'm very inconsistent. When i'm good i'm very good, when i'm bad i'm awful.

I've never tried to go running, as I think I would just look damn silly. :heh:

Who cares what you look like? If you care about your appearences so much well you'll look a lot better afer having gone running, so it's worth it.

I do a lot of jogging so I'm pretty good at endurance runs but some people in my year dominate at sprints, so I'm just okay at that.

And I don't give two shits about how I look when I run, if people are willing to laugh at me then thats pathetic.

I mean who would get up at 8 on the weekends just to laugh at a kid running? :hehe:

I do a fair amount of ballroom and latin dancing about 4-5 times a week (for the university).

A game of squash a week (I'm not that good, I have to make up for lacking fitness by decent shot placement),

An ultimate Frisbee practice/match each weekend (Wadham college have won one game, and thats cos the other team didnt turn up).

However outside of University I do nothing at all.

Yeah I play regularly at a local club, lessons + league matches. Great sport although i'm very inconsistent. When i'm good i'm very good, when i'm bad i'm awful.

Who cares what you look like? If you care about your appearences so much well you'll look a lot better afer having gone running, so it's worth it.

Im with Stocka. If people do see you running they will think 'good for him he's having a go'.

And people that don't want to have to make sure the lights are off when they get lucky.

Exactly, fat people.

Nice, im in a league table at the moment which we'll begin after xmas. Really need to practice my drop shots. I can kill a rally quite easily as i have a strong drive but poor drop shots.:heh:

Im with Stocka. If people do see you running they will think 'good for him he's having a go'.

That's true. Deep down, I'm very self conscious, so I hate standing out! I wouldn't mind running if there was someone else running with me. Hmm, that's pretty sad.

Running is awesome, there's nothing better than a morning jog with the ipod cranked to full volume. Obviosuly, when you start wearing lycra shorts - you have a problem.

That's true. Deep down, I'm very self conscious, so I hate standing out! I wouldn't mind running if there was someone else running with me. Hmm, that's pretty sad.

Take a route you know that's the right distance for you, keep running it until you feel comfortable with that distance then increase. You won't really stand out as running is a commonly used mode of exercise that alot of people enjoy. People will get used to seeing u after a while and not even notice.

Running is awesome, there's nothing better than a morning jog with the ipod cranked to full volume. Obviosuly, when you start wearing lycra shorts - you have a problem.

Indeed, your favourite music + running = winning formula.

I do a fair amount of ballroom and latin dancing about 4-5 times a week (for the university).

A game of squash a week (I'm not that good, I have to make up for lacking fitness by decent shot placement),

An ultimate Frisbee practice/match each weekend (Wadham college have won one game, and thats cos the other team didnt turn up).

However outside of University I do nothing at all.

I was gonna ask whether anyone else played ultimate. Sweet.

I dont do much excercise, but I would like to think I walk quite alot. Occasionally will go on the treadmill for a run but not often, though when i do i quite enjoy it as long as i have music..

If Wii Sports doesn't count, then.....er......

I play Footy at school whenever I can.

My style of drumming is very intense and tiring, good for the arm muscles.

And I also laugh a lot, which is very very healthy. But whether it keeps you fit, I don't know.:laughing:

Sign in to follow this