NEurope
Elekko

She gave her number but dumped me.

"Hello friend, don't have time for coffee, we'll hear at school".

There does seem an element of rejection the way the word "Friend" is used. Plus the second part I don't get. Hear what.

I'd say just wait til jan the 8th when you see her in person, and see how she reacts towards you, that's if you're still really bothered about it.

Really, I'd say to just give it up and move on. Sounds like a lot of hassle over nothing to me.

The fact remains that most people on this forum are either whiny pre pubescent outcasts, or middle aged men who've given up on their social lives. Except that's not true, there are a wierd amount of normal people here (for a Nintendo forum especially), I think there's always been some good advice.

Here's some from a particularly jaded, sociopathic direction: Fuck it, girls/ people in general tend to be particularly inconsiderate about others' feelings, you don't seem to know her that well, and she could very well turn out to be a total douche. Hunt around a bit more, you seem like a reasonably social person, go out with girls as friends more, enjoy their company, and then think about making a move.

And most importantly; Drink up!

I think it's cos we're mainly British, there are alot more extremes on american forums I find.

There are better, cleaner girls out there...

There does seem an element of rejection the way the word "Friend" is used. Plus the second part I don't get. Hear what.

That was also my first reaction. And the second part, "We'll talk/meet in school",

and by the "hear" you can mean i.e. "we can Hear from eachother". Sorry, I just translated from Swedish.

She is clean but just rejected me because I might not be interesting for her. But at least, she gave me her number and I don't know why.. maybe she felt forced in her situation when I asked. I don't know.

And by the way, no I don't know this girl that well at all, maybe I took my first step far too quickly.

I'm going to play devils advocate if I may. The only person who has said the girl doesnt like you is your friend. He was friends with her already, have you thought that he likes her and is trying to get you out of the picture.

Agreed. If I wanted advice ever I would probably come here. Theres a lot of Europe people who give better/have more of an idea o English life than Americans and a lot of people seem nice.

Also on some websites I kinda get the feeling when peeps talk about their girl friends that theyre kinda showing off...on this site I never get that vibe.

Anyway, I would give the advice of always be honest. Tell her you're sorry about the text (Contradicts what I just said, but maybe throw in the drunk/tipsy comment)

And maybe get to know her, and then tell her you like her. Basically you dont know if you dont try.

i agree with brad on this one, take his advice for he is the god of all women

I'm going to play devils advocate if I may. The only person who has said the girl doesnt like you is your friend. He was friends with her already, have you thought that he likes her and is trying to get you out of the picture.

hey....theres in idea, maybe your friend wants to fuck her too

And this is why this guy is forum member of 2006.

I generally think most of the people here are well balanced individuals who give worthwhile advice. I'm now going to buck that trend with these words of merry wisdom.

It doesn't look at all like she was rejecting you, to me it looks like poor use of predictive text and genuinely being busy (it is Christmas after all). Also you might have been pushing a bit too hard, but come on she must like you, she gave you her number. I say, next time you see her say "sorry about the text, I was a bit drunk, I'm an idiot", hopefully she'll laugh, forgive you and you can both move on. Then invite her along to a general social gathering and just see how things progress from there.

Seriously, i wouldn't worry. Take me for isntance, last ngiht i got lucky, then got very unlucky.

I got drunk, and went with this girl at my mate's party a few times, then i ahd more to drink (rum, cider, etc) got totally fucked, and she thoguht i was being a tit by all accounts, then i panicked, and tried hard to sober up. All i got was a hug when she elft this morning, same as everyone else, totally fucked that up. One night stand thing i guess.

If this girl doesn't like you that much or in that way, move on, you've obviously got the guts to do it you've done it once already now, you'll find someone else.

I hate games and real politick type tatics in a relationship really really annoying. And arrested development season 3 still isnt out in this region.

Cmoonnnnnnn!

And arrested development season 3 still isnt out in this region.

Cmoonnnnnnn!

I share your pain :weep:

Actually I think this drunk excuse is not that good. I was talking with my friend today and he said that I should be honest and tell her my feelings when I'll meet her next time.

And I think it is a good advice, cause I think that if I tell her that the message I sent her was because of I got dissapointed that moment because I wanted to meet her but she did not want (as I understood). Then I may tell her that of course I'm not angry to her... the only reason I wanted to meet you was because I like you...

What do you think?

lol why don't you just murder her and eat her brain and heart, then she'll "be inside you forever"

lol why don't you just murder her and eat her brain and heart, then she'll "be inside you forever"

lol fuckin hilarious !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but elekko seriously i know how you feel. i just told this girl how i feel and she hasnt spoken to me since. im thinking of phoning her later but.. no doubt she wont pick up...

but anyway right now im thinking "fuck it" theres loads more people out there.

i like to end on a positive note!!

i think you should make this drunk excuse real. by this i mean take her to a party and get both of you drunk and see how things go. if all else fails youll have a fucking awesome night wether you get with the girl or not. i have many stories i could tell of drunken nights. (jim reads 18th birthday party and this other girls halloween party being the best 2)

:laughing:

i think you should make this drunk excuse real. by this i mean take her to a party and get both of you drunk and see how things go. if all else fails youll have a fucking awesome night wether you get with the girl or not. i have many stories i could tell of drunken nights. (jim reads 18th birthday party and this other girls halloween party being the best 2)

:laughing:

Care to share any of your stories? :)

she must like you, she gave you her number.

I don't mean to shit on this guy or nothing, but I do wish people would stop saying that. It's not just you, I read it a few times. Like I said, I don't wanna make him feel bad, but she might have given it to him in the heat of the moment, or she might have liked him, but now changed her mind(as fickle as it sounds). As I said, something similar happened with me before, and I dunno, I was young and a fool, but things like this made me have false hope.

Elekko, if you plan on spinning a yarn to try and make this all better, you best be good at it. Lying is bad, and most of the time it can come back and bite you right in the arse. Do you wanna start things off with a lie? I say to just tell it like it is and see what happens, no point in lying. If things don't work out, they don't work out, plenty more fish and all that.

Don't get me wrong, I ain't perfect or nothing, and I've told my fair share of lies, but I don't think it's the way to start things off. Basically, to sum it up, stick with your mate's advice, it sounds good to me.

hehe well if you really want me to.

1st we'll discuss jims 18th. it started off as a regular 18th party complete with beers and a bouncy castle. my mate graham was very funny when he was drinking shandy and thort it was cider and got totally pissed off it (which either shows drunkness is partly mental, or that hes just incredibly weak drinker). anyway i digress, the night got later, it got darker, tents were set up (although noone planned to go to sleep yet) and we had cigars and more beer. now in the kitchen there wer some baked potatoes that we stole and threw at people which was hilarious. then my mate ben who was wasted got with this girl who is actually a prostitute and me and another mate wer like haunting them cz they wer tryin to have "good times" but we kept like interuptin them and they ran away to the point we followed them commando style around cars etc over a huge field and stuff. then we got bored and went back to the house. other stuff happened includin ben pissing on someones tent and my other mates big brother jumpin on a tent while ben and the whore were "busy". then it was sleepy time and i was asleep in the same tent as ben and the whore and i woke up after a while and was not amused to find them doing unscrupulous things next to me. thus ends the story of jims 18th. at least thats all i remember lol.

then to ... i forget her name but ye it was her halloween party lol. again there was much alcohol only this time it was BYOB so instead of bein layed on beer after beer i had some vodka and a couple of bottles of stella. i met these 2 hot chicks (i didnt get either of their numbers though :( oh well il get them of mark some time lol) and i shared some cigs with them and we got progressively more drunk. i felt really bad that night because in my drunken foolishness i upset helen who is a good friend of mine. i just realised that i dont know why i count this as like a "funny night" it was actually really depressing but i guess dillan moron is right when he says we rate things by how much they fuck us up: "how was last night?" "i cant hear anything, it was brilliant" lol. but yeah erm i drank too much that night and threw up outside and cried about stuff out the back and caught a hot girl after she jumped down the stairs to me (this was like meant to happen she wasnt trying to kill me or anything lol) and it ended up i was playing guitar whilst people played burnout then me helen and james stood in the kitchen drinking and talking for hours until jim turned up at about 5am after being at work. then me helen james jim and steph (its funny how i say them as if i expect you to know them but oh well) and we had dares to drink shots of vinegar, and diluted washing up liquid. oh and like having vinegar in your mouth and spitting it into a glass containg bicarbonate of soda and making an airtight seal around it... not funny. and so ends my stories. please comment them and il be sure to tell more stories in the future. i know it was a long read and it probably wont seem funny because you werent there and your not drunk but i think it was rather humourous.

thank you :)

Actually I think this drunk excuse is not that good. I was talking with my friend today and he said that I should be honest and tell her my feelings when I'll meet her next time.

And I think it is a good advice, cause I think that if I tell her that the message I sent her was because of I got dissapointed that moment because I wanted to meet her but she did not want (as I understood). Then I may tell her that of course I'm not angry to her... the only reason I wanted to meet you was because I like you...

What do you think?

personally i would just say the truth...lying gets you nowhere.

i agree with brad on this one, take his advice for he is the god of all women

You mean Bard right? :heh:

I don't mean to shit on this guy or nothing, but I do wish people would stop saying that. It's not just you, I read it a few times. Like I said, I don't wanna make him feel bad, but she might have given it to him in the heat of the moment, or she might have liked him, but now changed her mind(as fickle as it sounds). As I said, something similar happened with me before, and I dunno, I was young and a fool, but things like this made me have false hope.

Elekko, if you plan on spinning a yarn to try and make this all better, you best be good at it. Lying is bad, and most of the time it can come back and bite you right in the arse. Do you wanna start things off with a lie? I say to just tell it like it is and see what happens, no point in lying. If things don't work out, they don't work out, plenty more fish and all that.

Don't get me wrong, I ain't perfect or nothing, and I've told my fair share of lies, but I don't think it's the way to start things off. Basically, to sum it up, stick with your mate's advice, it sounds good to me.

That's what I want to do. Tell her the truth... because I like her and I don't want to use her. I can feel she is an honest person as well as I'm an honest person, too. Really, I think it's the best not just for me but for her, too.

And ollie182, you could start your own thread about your story.

Sounds like it's just a case of the waiting game now then. January 8th is only a week or so away, I'd advise you to not spend your time thinking this over too much, and also be prepared for the worst. That way, if it's good news, it'll seem even better, if it's bad news, it'll seem a bit meh.

Pluck upt he courage, tell her the truth, it's the best way.

Yes.

Sounds like it's just a case of the waiting game now then. January 8th is only a week or so away, I'd advise you to not spend your time thinking this over too much, and also be prepared for the worst. That way, if it's good news, it'll seem even better, if it's bad news, it'll seem a bit meh.

Well, of course. Now I'll enjoy my holidays... and when school starts again I can inform you again how it goes. Thank you guys for all your advice, you're the greatest!