NEurope
Mokong

Playing Wii on a Cinema Screen

Just found some videos on youtube, first some guys who i'm guessing either work in or own a cinema living a dream and actually using the cinema screen as their TV. god damn i would love to try that.

Second this guy uses the Wii's internet channel to control his smarthome

My dad got a loan of a projector from work for over christmas, so the screen is the size of the wall. Not as good as that though.

either work in or own a cinema

That, or they broke in.

I work at a cinema and its already been discussed how we could hook up our Wii (we have one for the staff room) to a cinema screen. The only problem would be the sensor bar.. need a home-made one I think, which is far beyond my expertise.

Do one with candles like in some youtube video that was posted in the news here a while back.

I work at a cinema and its already been discussed how we could hook up our Wii (we have one for the staff room) to a cinema screen. The only problem would be the sensor bar.. need a home-made one I think, which is far beyond my expertise.

If you don't want to make a whole new sensor bar, you could just extend the current one. The cable just has a positive and return wire, so you can easily solder on two cheap multi-core wires in the middle of the original cable.

The cinema one was cool, but I was more impressed with the Smart Home thing.

I don't see why they bothered with the sensor bar much for wii sports, apart from selecting the different sports, the pointer isn't used much. I'd like to see how well it does work on such a big screen with pointer functions though.

Doesn't the controller communicate with the Wii using Bluetooth? I mean, look at how far away the players are from the console. It's WAY longer than the maximum 8 feet.

Doesn't the controller communicate with the Wii using Bluetooth? I mean, look at how far away the players are from the console. It's WAY longer than the maximum 8 feet.

Bluetooth goes 8 feet? There's probably little in the way of it... not sure how it works.

Bluetooth goes 8 feet? There's probably little in the way of it... not sure how it works.

Nah, it's just that the Wii manual says that the maximum distance between you and the console is 8 feet.

Yeah, I was actually wondering about that as well. They were miles away from the Wii...

I think its 8 feet from the sensor bar, for pointer functionality.

plus the Wii/sensor bar don't have to be as far away as the screen. I have access to a 10 foot screen, and actually the easiest solution involves popping the Wii/sensor bar about 15 feet in front of the projected image.

will be awesome when we get round to setting everything up :)

I think its 8 feet from the sensor bar, for pointer functionality.

It would be difficult to get confused between sensor bar and bluetooth, but that does sound right.

I thought bluetooth goes upto 30ft, or 10, or some other 2 digit number ending in 0.

EDIT: Anywhere from 1 to 100 metres according to wikipedia, depends on the class/frequency of the signal. So I'm sticking with my original 30ft.

i heard you can hook up a gaming console up to an i max screen for birthday parties (of coarse you have to rent the theatre)

i max has the largest movie screen in the world