Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Blue Dragon

Stocka

Guest Stefkov

You mean the dinosaur type thing? I wasn't that high. I don't remember but I wasn't that high, it did take me two goes though.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Erm for the resurrection skill does anyone know which claass you learn it from? I'm guessing it's white mage.

Yeah it is, its the last skill they get but I dont know when they get it. My white mage is level 35 and he still hasnt learnt it.

The first boss is solid, what levels were you's at when you done him?

I was overpowered so I tanned him but the best way to beat him is to use Flare Spell/Flare Sword on his horn. That weakens him and brings his head down so you can attack him normally.

Regarding the Classes its just like the job system in Final Fantasy games. Depending on what Class you are determines what moves you learn. So if you are a Black Magic user then you will learn attack speels but being a White Magic user you will learn healing spells.

Now, say I have learnt all the attack spells I want to learn and then decide I want that character to learn some white magic I will change the class type to white mage but when this happens I still keep all the spells I learnt from the black mage but can also use any new ones I learn as a white mage.

Depending on what class you are also determines the strength of your stats. So if you are say a Monk then you will have high HP and Attack but lower Magic Def.

Hopefully this isnt confusing for you. To be fair I think most people will be able to storm through the game aslong as you are a high enough level.

What level are you at guyfromsparks? I have just past the Murial Mountains and im on level 22.

Cheers for all that, makes sense...

I think I'm on level 17ish and just entered the Gul Mountains (i think that's the name). I've made a point of killing almost every enemy in the dungeon areas but avoiding as much as I can on the overworld, seems to be working out.

So does anyone have any tips for when to change classes and what class to change to?

Guest Stefkov

I've just gone back to my original classes now, just to get them up.

I'm gonna get them up to 99 now, then go change and see what happens.

I hope you can go back to old areas.

Also what's those blue/green/red boxes that cover chests etc. How do you get rid of them.

Cheers for all that, makes sense...

So does anyone have any tips for when to change classes and what class to change to?

Im just changing class when I have learnt alot of the moves. Most of the classes moves are learnt upto level 36 apart from the Barrier Magic class, you learn that last move when at level 50.

Also what's those blue/green/red boxes that cover chests etc. How do you get rid of them.

Those are barrier fields that can be removed later in the game, theres an achievey for doing it I think. So yeah I guess you can return to your previous areas :)

I got this today a few hours ago.Been at my grans all day so didn't have a chance to play it.

Got it for £9.99 brand new and sealed when I traded in Forza Racing 2 (which I never wanted) so was pretty happy with that.Was thinking Bioshock instead,but my overwhelming love for RPGs made me go for this.

Can't wait to try it,thought the demo was good.

I got this today a few hours ago.Been at my grans all day so didn't have a chance to play it.

Got it for £9.99 brand new and sealed when I traded in Forza Racing 2 (which I never wanted) so was pretty happy with that.Was thinking Bioshock instead,but my overwhelming love for RPGs made me go for this.

Can't wait to try it,thought the demo was good.

Hey Ste ( can I call you ste? ) I noticed you were playing on this quite a bit yesterday. What are your thoughts on it so far?

Hey Ste ( can I call you ste? ) I noticed you were playing on this quite a bit yesterday. What are your thoughts on it so far?

Yea that's fine with me.

So far I think it's great.I got dragged right into the game as soon as Shu was trying to take on the Land Shark. I also quite like the SP and class system so aswell giving you moves instead of just unlocking them as you level normally.

I can only imagine how the story will develop and with 3 discs,I think it's safe to say i'm gonna enjoy this :)

If I don't like old school RPGs and I didn't like the demo, could I learn to like this game.

I want to like it because RPG is a a genre I have overlooked and this looks like a good place to start but turn based combat is so dull to me. Perhaps Eternal Sonata is more down my avenue.

Guest Stefkov

I didn't like the demo, maybe it was because it threw you right into the story. Not knowing how to battle and all the skills and such.

When I got it though, you learn about the skills and such and it just grows on you.

Plus the graphics add that much more

I want to like it because RPG is a a genre I have overlooked and this looks like a good place to start but turn based combat is so dull to me. Perhaps Eternal Sonata is more down my avenue.

Yeah if you hate turn based combat then give this a miss and go with Eternal Sonata. As for me I love it to bits, its a genre that has been so far neglected in this next gen and im hoping there is more JRPG goodness to come.

i love this game really addicting only too bad my 360 has the three lights of death problem so i will have to wait a Couple of weeks to play it again

i told them ( Microsoft ) if they fix it and it happends again i will Sue them becouse the company knows wat the problem is now so fix the problem so it never happends again

Finally started to play this after completing Bioshock for the 2nd time (One more achievement to go!) and have to say, am loving it so far.

Can't remember the last console RPG I played which had a normal turn based combat system (which I prefer), graphics are sexy aswell!

So far up to the Anicent Hospital Ruins.

Finally started to play this after completing Bioshock for the 2nd time (One more achievement to go!) and have to say, am loving it so far.

Can't remember the last console RPG I played which had a normal turn based combat system (which I prefer), graphics are sexy aswell!

So far up to the Anicent Hospital Ruins.

Good man! Another person gets sucked into the wonderful world of Blue Dragon.

Stuck at the first boss aswell,tried twice but didn' get anywhere.That's what I get for trying to avoid all the enemies :heh:

Time to go level!

Aslong as you kill all the enemies you see ( other than on the Overworld ) then you will be alright, but yeah its best to do a bit grinding if not only for your level but for your character to gain some moves from his job class.

Had a good session on this late last night and early this morning. Im nearing the end of disc 2 now but I have gained a move which will make SP grinding a hell of alot easier. *grabs rubberband for 360 pad and picks up halo book to read*

Finally finished Disk 1, which was a bit of a grind towards the end. I'm now level 21/22 and the time on the clock is 14 hours (though some of that is time paused I think). I'm just hoping Disk 2 and 3 are a little more exciting story wise.

Just finished disk 2 last night/this morning and you neednt worry about the story as it really picks up, the end of disk 2 to has an awesome moment :)

A word of advice for those wanting it easy, when learning Classes unlock Barrier Class straight away and do whatever you can to get it to level 50. Once its there you get a move called Field Barrier 3 which when used allows you to walk into any previously defeated enemy you see and it kills them instantly without having to battle them. You do get and exp for this but you do get SP.

I did this yesterday by finding a spot in the Laser Fields where the moles kept respawning and just sat and watched tv while my SP rose dramatically. I managed to get a few Classes upto level 99 which made my stats god-like.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!