NEurope
mcj metroid

Sonic the hedgehog 2(megadrive)

256px-Sonic2_European_Box.jpg

We need a thread to discuss possibly the greatest 16bit game.well in my opinion the best for mutiplayer action

wiki link for the uninformed

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_the_Hedgehog_2_%2816-bit%29

(how?)

sonic2titlescreen.gif

Also had a kick ass special stage which was a masssive improvment over the first

Sonic_2_SpecialStage.gif

I love it do you and would you say it's the best sonic ever?

EDIT: Ok this game is rated and will come out on vc soon,for those too stubborn to play it back in the 16bit and for those that just wern't alive....get this game.. but i'll ask.......Do ye think this game is worth getting on vc?

Sonic 2 is a legendary game and almost brings me to my knees and weep in nostalgia.

Sonic 2 was amazing, I believe it was Chemical Plant Zone that had the awesome music?

Probably the best one. Unless you count Adventure Battle. *Trys to keep a straight face* Bahahahahahaha! I almost had me going there for a minute.

Adventure battle? >_>

Its Adventure 2 Battle or Adventure DX Directors Cut. Yes, i'm really picky.

Sonic 2 was excellent. Fond memories of it I do have.

But, Sonic 1 will always be the greatest Sonic game ever.

Defintely the best Sonic, whilst I loved Sonic 3 and Sonic and Knuckles and all the possiblities it allowed for unlocking new levels etc... Sonic 2 does remain the best IMO

Might have to reel out Sonic Mega Collection...

Sonic 3 locked on to Sonic and Knuckles.

< Is a huge sonic fan. Probably one of the only ones to admit that 75% of Sonic 2 wasn't really that fun.

Also, while we're on it...the 3d Sonic games [at least up until Shadow the Hedgehog, havn't played anything past that as I feel a lack of a 360!] really aren't that bad. Are they?

One more thing - did anyone feel somewhat disappointed with the feel of Sonic Rush? Sorry to bring these into the retro thread, but seeing as there's a sonic thread.. :P

Sonic 3 locked on to Sonic and Knuckles.

< Is a huge sonic fan. Probably one of the only ones to admit that 75% of Sonic 2 wasn't really that fun.

:P

but how?the game has more levels than any other sonic game.i can't understand reviews that say the bonus stage was crap compared to sonic 1 because it wasn't.it also has the best multiplayer ever.There was little glitches but besides that nothing.whats wrong with it?

Don't get you, Bard. It's only the 3D Sonic games post-Sonic Adventure 1 that are boring. 2D Sonic is t3h sex of the mega sex drive.

Sonic 1,2, 3, and Knuckles were amazing games. It really is upsetting to see the Sonic series in the state it is currently in now. :(

Sonic The Hedgehog 2 is probably the best Sonic game to be made. Fantastic music, awesome level design and super quick and speedy. It's perfection of the blue speed hog!

if i remember correctly, Chemical Plant had the best music in the game; it rocked. Also, the Metropolis music sounded like Shawn Michaels WWF entrance music (well it did to me when i was young)..

its excellent.very much worth getting.every port feels better than the original.

was my first gamecube game oddly enough

thanks and its only 20$ canadian

though i've heard it dosent have save can i just enter level codes

not as such.You can save for sonic 3 because you could in the original.Sonic 2 and 1 had a level select cheat that still works in the mega collection versions.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_Mega_Collection

far better than the ps2 version despite having less games.it even sayd it in this wiki link.

the only annoying thing is how you unlock the extra games.Sonic 3 and knuckles,sonic 2 and knuckes,blue sphere,flicky and ristar you have to play them so many times.hard to explain

I did love Sonic the Hedgehog 2, but when S&K came along, it stole the crown - especially when you jammed STH3 in the top. It didn't quite top the peak of level design in Sonic 2, but it definitely ran away with the most beautiful levels. Aah memories *sniff*.

but sonic 3 has a terrible 2 player though and even with sonic 3 and knucles together they still had less levels than sonic 2 alone