NEurope
Hero-of-Time

The Legend of Zelda:Twilight Princess

like collect them damn stupid figurines you mean?! thats a pile of bollox, the only other side quests were collecting belts and butterflies and that very short trade sequence. wasn't even any fishing :cry: so you can't knock TP for side quests since it has the whole bug collecting, poe collecting and fishing which is better than the collecting stuff in WW.

WW has more to do (apart from the main quest), than TP. Not opinion this time, fact.

Twilight princess has enough side quest

you have the bridge repairing quest

and side quest where you have to bring the goron some hot spring water so he regains his strengt

you have the secret dungeon where you have to test your courage for the Queen of the Fairys there you challenge every single baddy you see in the game

you have a quest on the boat where you have to clear a big boalder for there shop

you have bug hunting poe hunting

Animal friend game where 20 cats play hide and seek and you have to find them

wrestling with the mayor and goron ,

Goat herding

Fishing

Finding all the howling stones

locate the heart peaces

donating money for a new shop where you can buy a new Costume

Ok well for some on here there are enough, for others on here there aren't. I think there should be more to do for a game that's been in development for four years.

I've played only 4 Zelda games, yet loved Zelda since the first one I played; A Link to the Past. Since then I've played one on every generation of console. Majora's Mask didn't appeal to me for some reason.

So the 4 I played in order of favourite:

1: Twilight Princess

2: Ocarina of Time

3: A Link to the Past

4: Wind Waker

Tough call between OoT and TP, but in the end TP won out because of what it brought back, the memories. On top of the memories, it added so much more and a story line that dominates any in the others on my list of played Zelda's.

I, personally, am satisfied with the amount to do in Zelda: TP. Took me 36 hours to beat it with 15 hearts. Much to still find though.

I find it strange you praise the story, personally I can't really make heads or tails of it.

Hyrule is being invaded by Twilight, Link fixes that... then the two bad guys... erm, sit on their arses really, doing not very much for the entire second half of the game. Link walks up to them sitting on their comfy chairs and defeats them (while uncovering an enormous plot hole). Meanwhile all of Hyrule couldn't care less and has no idea that any of this is going on and seem to be more afraid of a wolf walking about town than the giant diamond forcefield engulfing Hyrule castle.

You know, there's plenty of stuff to keep you occupied in this games aside from the main quest. LOADS of heart pieces to find.. Hyrule Field has a lot more lying under the surface than in any previous 3d Zelda. I mean, let's face it, all the bland piddling little islands in WW were a bit lame. I started off feeling a bit cynical about TP too, but so many of the areas (if not all..) are just a joy to revisit and explore every nook and cranny!

Play Ocarina now and you'll be surprised at how barren the gameworld seems in comparison (albeit, with that incomparable 'classic' feel). I think the reason why some people are disillusioned with TP is that it manifestly doesn't take Zelda to the next level.. it does, however, rejig and rehash everything (or nearly) that has defined 3d Zelda's over the years very successfully.

That's not to say that it doesn't bring it's own character to bear on the series as well, cos it does.. (namely Midna:) )

I do agree with motion2000 though on his point about the plot being a bit vague and vacuous in parts..

where do you do this?!!!!!!!

anyway up to the sky temple now, this level truly has me mythed! ive got the item but dont have a clue what to do now!

on another note, got a copy of the zelda collector edition and had a quick bash on the wind waker demo...god it feels so odd not being able to swing the sword! can't wait to get stuck in MM, never completed it, only got up to the second dungeon and then got stuck and abandoned it! so gonna play it right through.

Solitanze you are beyond help mate

In other news i caught me the Hylian Loach!! ahh im so proud of myself!

MAJOR DEVELOPMENT:

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/920769.asp

Could this version be the RE4 GC & PS2 dethroner?

Let's hope so. :bouncy:

If it does successfully achieve this, which is rather unlikely but still a possibility, i'm going to sell my Wii copy and keep the GC version as part of my collection instead.

Today was going so well, then I read this and I got mad and killed my entire family.

Their dying words were "Solitanze is a tool."

In my mind it is irrelevant what NPC's think is going on. Why? Because you see them so sparcely and could basically be ignored all together, so why care what they think? All that matters is what you, the player, is doing.

In terms of story, Twilight Princess is way more in depth than OoT. It's like comparing Lord of the Rings to Narnia. Lord of the Rings is now the benchmark by which epics are compared and Narnia falls short on every level. To me TP is that LotR.

TP has the basis for a good story, but falls flat on it's face in the second half. Again... Hyrule is being invaded by Twilight, Link fixes that... then the two bad guys... erm, sit on their arses really, doing not very much for the entire second half of the game. Link walks up to them sitting on their comfy chairs and defeats them (while uncovering an enormous plot hole). Meanwhile all of Hyrule couldn't care less and has no idea that any of this is going on and seem to be more afraid of a wolf walking about town than the giant diamond forcefield engulfing Hyrule castle.

MAJOR DEVELOPMENT:

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/920769.asp

Could this version be the RE4 GC & PS2 dethroner?

Let's hope so. :bouncy:

If it does successfully achieve this, which is rather unlikely but still a possibility, i'm going to sell my Wii copy and keep the GC version as part of my collection instead.

I was going to post a darth vader picture with noooooooooo etc next to it. But I actually think its quite sweet that you are this obssessed with scores; scary but sweet.

Twilight princess has enough side quest

you have the bridge repairing quest

and side quest where you have to bring the goron some hot spring water so he regains his strengt

you have the secret dungeon where you have to test your courage for the Queen of the Fairys there you challenge every single baddy you see in the game

you have a quest on the boat where you have to clear a big boalder for there shop

you have bug hunting poe hunting

Animal friend game where 20 cats play hide and seek and you have to find them

wrestling with the mayor and goron ,

Goat herding

Fishing

Finding all the howling stones

locate the heart peaces

Dude, you may be new, but You're clever. Iwouldn't dream of putting down all mini-games. Just reached Albiter's grounds- looks amazing. Solitanze, I couldn't agree with you more. Not even if I tried.

The ganondorf, I loved TP up until the end of Arbiter's Grounds. Then the game goes sharply downhill.

I have just finish downloading the rip soundtrack from TheHylia and the very good songs are near the end of the game. :hmm:

well just preparing to go to hyrule castle for what I assume is the end of the game. have to say was, had a mammoth couple of days doing two dungeons.

was left very disappointed by zant I must say....

I thought Zant was a great boss. He felt very insane. Wich is good. Motion2000, you're exagurating - sharply downhill is not well put. It becomes shorter, yes, but the quality of the dungeons is still very good. Overaall, they did a great job. Everytime you say something about the second part of the game, you make it even worse than the last time...

That's because I'm replaying the first 4 dungeons and realising how brilliant the game is, in things to do, in quality, cutscenes and crucially STORY. The more I play the beginning bits the more I realise how bad the second part is. In my opinion of course.

I loved the Zant boss fight (once again though, impossibly easy) - I wasn't so convinced about him meowing and having a hissy fit ;)

I just started playing Twilight Princess the other day, I can't for the life of me get a fish out of the water to feed the cat. I've attempted several times and can't keep the tip DOWN in the water and when have FISH ON, I can't pull it out of the water. Its really annoying me and is making me not want to play the game...

You just need to get the fishing rod up by moving the controller up and keeping it there until you got the fish... Don't move it down again (which was what I always did at the beginning)... Of course, you need to fish somewhere where you see fishes too...

I know that was a bit stupid...

Fishing at the fishing pond is completely different (more like real fishing) and way better explained and also more fun...

Fishing is easy once you know how it's done.

-Dip the rod in the water.

-When you see the weird bobber thing dip under, pull up and you should have a FISH ON!

-Keep it held up to catch the fish.

You have to catch 2 fish to get the cat to do something.

@Zell:

For me it was just one fish as far as I remember...

But as I said: Fishing at the fishing pond then is different and much more interesting...