NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz Thread

monkeyball.gif

AiAi and friends come to the Nintendo Wii! An all-action extravaganza of unique new puzzles and madcap multiplayer gameplay, Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz takes the ground-breaking Nintendo Wii controller and shows the world exactly what it can do!

Get stuck into scores of new puzzle levels and a barrel-load of thrilling new party games, all specifically designed to take spectacular advantage of the pioneering Nintendo Wii controller.

One for you and every last one of your friends, Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz takes the classic, fan-favourite Monkey Ball gameplay and adds a whole new world of fun.

Features:

Party Games: Scores of party games have been creatively designed to take advantage of the Nintendo Wii controller.

Puzzle Levels: A huge number of puzzle levels have been designed for players of all standards. Easy to learn but difficult to master, these puzzle levels bring the classic Super Monkey Ball gameplay to the Nintendo Wii for the first time.

Boss Levels: After completing puzzle levels the game heats up with some serious boss battles. Each of the bosses will challenge you to find their weakness to defeat them.

Monkey Jump: For the first time in the Super Monkey Ball universe AiAi and his friends will be able to jump using an upward flick motion with the Wii Controller.

So how hard really is it to get used to the controls? Does it compare to the classic Monkey Ball games of the Cube generation and which are your favourite mini games?

Playing monkey ball right now.

It's pretty good. Single player is cool. Multiplayer games take a little getting used to.

Overall, enjoying it!

Got this as part of my deal. Having not played any monkey ball games before I am really looking forward to it.

i just got monkey ball this morning but i haven't played it yet because i'm all wii-ed out at the moment

I'm having problems detecting more than one player in the party games, have I not unlocked something? Multiple controllers work in Wii sports and wii play

i need an extra Wii mote still :( anyway i'm really liking this game but i'm off to play Zelda, this game is for the bits in between when i'm Zelda-d out :p

Monkey Ball's being despatched today, and I'm trying to get the console at 3, so this is pretty much my last chance.

Amazing game. Like many reviews have said, some of the mini games are shit and pointles.

Also, the interface bugs me aswell. The few minigames that are worth playing and the main game itself is worth the whole price.

Music's kinda annoying, but I can stand it. I turn my controller volume down when ever I play due to the noises coming from that game being irritating beyond belief.

This game uses the Wii-mote for everything in this game. Although a good thing and shows the features it posseses are not put to waste, it gets rather annoying using some features in odd places. I'd rather use the pointer for the interface rather twist my hand to an un-natural place.

8/10, missing 2 because they spent too much time on crafting shit mini games that they didnt add enough depth into the good ones.

I have to agree with you there.

At first, I thought my Wiimote was horribly offcentre or something, but then I realised that you had to twist the mote. A bit puzzling, to be honest. It would have been much easier to have used the pointer to select characters and games.

Still, this game rocks hard. I can't wait to play this with my mates when I go home for christmas.

ok i have a list of questions that i can't seem to get out of normal reviews so here goes

1:how many tracks in monkey race?

2:is monkey target good?how good?better than monkey ball 2?

3:is there monkey fight like in monkey ball 2

4:whats the best game and whats the worst lol?

thanks to whoever will answer(please answer)

This games uses the Wiimote great, because no toher games use it like this. It's fun coloured, weird, and rocks!

This is my first monkey ball ever and the controls are pretty hard to get used to.

TBH it's not my type of game b ut I'll give it more of a go. It really crazy. Im guessing mulitplayer will be pretty fun, single player isnt appealing to me much.

Takes a while to get used to the controls, not sure if I like the puzzles as much as the SMB1 and 2 (They seem more like "tracks" than puzzles if that makes sense)

Am I right in thinking that cos I've got 2 Wiimotes I can only play 2 player even in minigames where you take turns? That sucks, Wiiports shows pass the pad can work.

Im on the Pirate world now, the sensitivity is givena bit of a boost on there. Well ahrd.

Great game, yeah some of the mini games are shit, but some are awesome!!

And the one player, although I wish the levels tilted more, seem like classic Monkey Ball. Great launch game!

I got this with launch, it was so very sucky that I went and traded it for the awesome Red Steel. In the face.

i am willing to bet with a my life without playing any of them that monkey ball is the better game lol.

seriously how many tracks in monkey race and target?

I am interested in this game but lots of you dont seem to be giving me good vibes. I loved Monkey Ball 1, 2nd was okay but single player was gimmicky.

what would you say is the most fun launch game?

I havent played the single player game yet but im not that impressed with alot of the multiplayer games. The controls for most of the games are very twitchy but some of the games like Monkey Hurdles are a laugh because it keeps it simple.

I just had a ru8n through some of the mini games, as i've been mainly playing the Main game. Snowboarding, target, landing, racing, dangerous course or whatever it is. are great. Fencing sucked.. bit unresponsive. Oh, and seesaw tilt wwas good fun.

They all make great use of the controller. Good showcase really.