N-Europe

Metal gear solid:Twin snakes

I couldn't recommend that purchase highly enough and what a deal, it goes for more than that second hand in Gamestation.

I traded MGS in at gamestation for store credit just before the Wii came out... I got £30 for it! Result!:yay:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite a few of them down at my local gamestation for £15, last time I checked 2 non-player choices. I guess Scotland was especially bad for gamecube support.

Well, too bad I already own the game and to those who don't own the game,

just pay the bloody £20 for it you won't regret it.

..to those who don't own the game,

just pay the bloody £20 for it you won't regret it.

Very True. I traded in 5 games for it back in the day (can't remember which, but there were a couple of decent ones) but I didn't regret it. Really good game.

One thing that bothered me a little was the lack of VR missions in Twin snakes. I remember there being an interview with Denis Dyack at the time and thay asked why, he said something along the lines of them having a choice between VR missions or Secrets in the main game and they chose secrets.

Except in the end their where no secrets =/

There are secrets, although shitty ones: the ghost pictures.

Yeah I guess so although the original game had those too if I remember right (but different ghosts)

I remember seeing the katana.

Pointless really to have a scene with the katana but no way to obtain it.

Everybody on gamefaqs were positive that there were secrets that would be revealed later but no such thing, they just got lazy.

I remember that, a lot of people thought there where secrets obtained by collecting all the dog tags but the game wasnt unlocking it for them (like some sort of glitch) but in the end nothing. And then the board got spammed their with "Dennis Dyack is a liar" over and over again

If I remember right that Katana blade turned out just to be a suport beam, unless you mean something else.

If I remember right that Katana blade turned out just to be a suport beam, unless you mean something else.

I meant the scene at the end. The pointless waving of the sword where you thought he was going to keep it then he just puts it down.

I still believe that they did that so they could include it but in the end couldn't be bothered.

One thing that bothered me a little was the lack of VR missions in Twin snakes. I remember there being an interview with Denis Dyack at the time and thay asked why, he said something along the lines of them having a choice between VR missions or Secrets in the main game and they chose secrets.

Except in the end their where no secrets =/

I think he referred to the Mario statue and the Gamecube in the lab. Maybe the cloakingdevice and the tux as well...

But yeah, I wanted that too. I was hoping for some sort of low-price VR bonus thing, like the original MGS on the PSOne...

But maybe there are some buttoncodes or something. I remember that Rogue Squadron had a few cheats that were revealed just before RS2 was released for the Cube (The car, and the different faces on the title screen), as well as the secret buttoncodes for Goldeneye (which gave you access to a bunch of cheats, of which some weren't even available the old wat, by beating certain levels within certain time) which were released at about the same time as Perfect Dark. Who knows, maybe we'll get a buch of ultra-weird shite in the future.

I dunno if MGS3 would be a possibility - it was quite graphically demanding, and the PS2 had slowdown in a few places. (I'm playing it right now :P)

Still, it'd be nice. But I also don't know if they'll let it happen, though.