NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
conzer16

Apple's iPhone

Okay so here's what it looks like....

sillyiphone.jpg

NOT!

So seriously.......the prospect of an iPhone from Apple appears to be more concrete than ever, with the revelation that Apple has filed documents with the US Patent & Trademark Office to protect a "...portable computing device capable of wireless communications.....

But this could also be a type of handheld Mac I hear you cry. Indeed it could, is my honest answer to you, but look at the following patent that was filed in August of this year and granted just last week:

applephone11-30-2006.jpg

Quite iPod nano like isn't it? Also from a September 15th filing Apple describes a "handheld and mobile digital electronic devices for the sending and receiving of telephone calls, faxes, electronic mail, and other digital data; MP3 and other digital format audio players."

What's obvious is an iPhone is on it's way, what isn't so obvious is when. Speculation is mounting that Apple will make an announcement and/or launch their iPhone at the Macworld Expo in San Francisco on 9th January.

I look forward to this product almost as much as the Wii, why? Because just look at what it could possibly look like:

pict05_iphone_r02top.jpg

Beautiful!

Edit:

I also meant to include some additional information about it!

According to Kevin Rose (from Digg), who accurately predicted one of Apple's most secretive and hyped launches of 2005, the iPod nano, the iPhone will feature the following:

* January launch on "all" providers, both CDMA and GSM

* Extremely small form factor

* Two battery design (with single charger) -- one for playing music, the other for phone functions

* Flash memory: 4GB for $249, 8GB for $449

* "Slide-out keyboard"

* Possibly touchscreen

http://www.engadget.com/2006/12/03/kevin-rose-confirms-iphone/

After a while, this phone's battery will most likely die and therefore need to be sent back due to Apple not supplying batteries you can change yourself.

Imagine if your in a heated battle of rape, you break out the phone, OH NOES, battery dead for good.

I wont be buying one, but I love the image at the top =P

After a while, this phone's battery will most likely die and therefore need to be sent back due to Apple not supplying batteries you can change yourself.

Imagine if your in a heated battle of rape, you break out the phone, OH NOES, battery dead for good.

I wont be buying one, but I love the image at the top =P

Kevin Rose said that it comes with 2 batteries. :heh:

Depending on the functionality and price I may get one. I really want a phone that links up well with OS X, has a decent MP3 player and camera.

Wow. Me like. My K750i has now died after a year. It just couldn't hack me dropping it all the time on the floor, so the screen has now packed up on it.

If this iPhone thing has got a 2MP camera on it, then I'll defintely be interested in picking it up.

I'd be scared to take it out with me unless it was on contract. Too many damn muggers around in the Luton. Thing would be stolen faster than you can say "call the police".

i prefer the T3 mock-up:

4.jpg

looking forward to seeing this, hopefully it will have a better OS (more stable and compatable) than my Nokia N91!

Just found this on reghard.co.uk:

Apple's upcoming iPhone will go on sale next month with two memory capacities and no ties to a specific network, it has been claimed. The 'small as s**t' handset is based on a slider form-factor, it's said - presumably to better match the iPod design ethos.

The latest claims come from Digg.com founder Kevin Rose, whose past pre-Macworld Expo allegations have proved pretty close to the mark, according to a MacRumors.com write-up. Rose' members-only podcast points to 4GB and 8GB iPhones priced at $249 and $449, respectively, neither of which will be tied to a network.

If Rose's claims are correct, the handset's clearly designed to operate as an iPod rather than simple a phone that can play music. He said his "solid" source had pointed out the upcoming gadget has two batteries, one for music playback, the other for the phone, so that listening to music all day won't limit the user's ability to make and take calls.

Rose said he doesn't know anything about the handset's operating system, but his source claimed it looks "cool", which would tie in with past rumours that the phone's OS is either based on or looks like Mac OS X. ®

i prefer the T3 mock-up:

4.jpg

looking forward to seeing this, hopefully it will have a better OS (more stable and compatable) than my Nokia N91!

I cant see them releasing an iPhone without the iPod's click wheel, although that mock up is damn sweet!

I cant see them releasing an iPhone without the iPod's click wheel

i know, shame really though because the click wheel sucks ass

maybe they could do a touch screen with a 'virtual click wheel'? that'd be better (could mod it out then...)

Apple's upcoming iPhone will go on sale next month with two memory capacities and no ties to a specific network, it has been claimed.

The latest claims come from Digg.com founder Kevin Rose, whose past pre-Macworld Expo allegations have proved pretty close to the mark, according to a MacRumors.com write-up. Rose' members-only podcast points to 4GB and 8GB iPhones priced at $249 and $449, respectively, neither of which will be tied to a network.

Is this actually coming out?! and possibly next month aswell!

I need a new phone,

and I was also thinking of importing an iPod from the US, because of the fantastic exchange rates at the moment!

But I could just wait a month and get the 4GB iPhone!

$249 = about £130 at the moment!!

Okay......*bump*

Steve Jobs, at Macworld 2007, just announced the iPhone.

9:42am - "Well today, we're introducing THREE revolutionary new products. The first one is a widescreen ipod with touch controls" The crowd goes wild. "The second is a revolutinoary new mobile phone."

9:43am - "And the third is a breakthrough internet communications device." Tepid response on that last one, but he almost got a standing ovation on the phone.

"An iPod, a phone, an internet mobile communicator. An iPod, a phone, an internet mobile communicator.... these are NOT three separate devices!"

"And we are calling it iPhone!"

http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/09/live-from-macworld-2007-steve-jobs-keynote/5#comments

Edit:

And their Online Store is being updated :)

Edit: Here'e engadget's text updates.

9:46am - A revolutionary UI, "

9:47am - "The problem is really in the bottom 40% -- keyboards that are there whether you need them or not. They have control buttons that are fixed in plastic. Every app wants a different button. You can't add new buttons. How do you solve this problem? We solved this problem -- we solved it in computers 20 years ago. A bitmap screen that can display anything we want -- with a pointing device."

9:48am - "So let's not use a stylus, we're going to use the best pointing device in the world -- our fingers. We have invented a new technology called multi-tuch. It works like magic, you don't need a stylus, far more accurate than any interface ever shipped, it ignores touches, mutli-finger gestures, and BOY have we patented it!

9:49am - "We have been very lucky to have brought a few revolutionary user interfaces to the market -- the mouse, the click wheel, and now Multi-Touch. Each has made possible a revolutionary product, the Mac, the iPod, and now the iPhone. We're going to build on top of that with software. Software on mobile phones is like baby-software. Today we're going to show you a software breakthrough. Software that's 5-years ahead of what's on any other phone."

"iPhone runs OS X!"

Huge cheers. "Why would we want to run such a sophisticated OS on a mobile device? It's got everything we need. Mulittasking, networking, power management, graphics, security, video, graphics, audio core animation..."

First Pics:

dsc_0175.jpg

dsc_0173.jpg

"9:51am - It let us create desktop class applications and networking, not the cripled stuff you find on most phones, these are real desktop applications." He's quoting Alan Kay -"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." "So we're bringing breakthrough software to a mobile device for the first time."

"The second thing we're doing is we've learned from the iPod, it syncs with iTunes. People know how to sync all their media with their iPod. iTunes is going to sync all your media to your iPhone -- but also a ton of data. Contacts, calendars, photos, notes, bookmarks, email accounts..."

dsc_0176.jpg

9:52am - "We do that through iTunes." It shows 8GB on the screen.

9:52 - "The third thing -- I want to talk a little about design. We've designed something wonderful." 3.5-inch screen, highest resolution screen we've ever shipped, 160ppi. There's only one button, the "home" button.

"It's really thin, thinner than any smartphone. 11.6mm, thinner than the Q and the BlackJack, all of them. Ring and silent, volume up and down."

9:53am - "We have a 2 megapixel camera built right in, let's take a look at the top. A headset jack, 3.5mm, SIM tray, and a sleep-wake switch. Let's look at the bottom, we've got a speaker, mic input, and an iPod connector."

9:54am - We've also got some stuff you can't see -- 3 advanced sensors. It's got a proximity sensor, bring the iPhone to your ear and your display shuts off and toushccreen shuts down. Ambient light sensor -- adjusts brightness, saves power. Third thing is an accellerometer, it can tell whether you're in landscape and portraid. Let's turn it on."

dsc_0182.jpg

dsc_0186.jpg

10:04am - "We want to reinvent the phone. What's the killer app? The killer app is making calls! It's amazing how hard it is to make calls on most phones. We want to let you use contacts like never before -- sync your iPhone with your PC or mac. Visual voicemail -- wouldn't it be great if you didn't have to listen to five of them to list to the sixth? Just like email you can go directly to the voicemails that interest you. iPhone is a quad-band GSM + EDGE phone." No 3G! "We have WiFi and Bluetooth 2.0"

dsc_0196.jpg

dsc_0199.jpg

Photo App:

dsc_0202.jpg

dsc_0200.jpg

10:16am - "Now let's take a look at an internet communications device. We've got some real breakthroughs here. We've got rich HTML emails on iPhone. It works with any IMAMP or POP3 email service. We wanted the best web browser on a phone -- so we picked the best one in the world, Safari. We have Safari running on iPhone -- it's the first fully-usable browser on a cellphone. We have Google Maps." Big applause.

Email on iPhone:

dsc_0205.jpg

dsc_0206.jpg

Safari on iPhone:

dsc_0210.jpg

dsc_0212.jpg

0:47am -

So how much more than $499 should we price it? We thought long and hard about it... it does so much stuff..." He's stalling for the drama. Enough Steve!

"What should we price it at? For a 4GB model we're pricing it at $499 -- no premium whatsoever.

"We're going to have an 8GB model for just $599."

10:48am - "When's it going to be available? We're shipping them in June -- we're announcing it today because we have to go get FCC approval... we thought it'd be better to introduce this today rather than let the FCC introduce this.

Europe in the 4th quarter of this year, Asia in 2008. "We've chosen Cingular."

dsc_0236.jpg

They've also rebranded themselves:

10:58am - "So, today we've added to the Mac and the iPod, we've added Apple TV, and now iPhone. And you know, the Mac is the only one you really think of as a computer, and we've thought about this and we thought, you know, maybe our name should reflect this better than it does." "From this day forward we're going to be known as Apple, Inc. We've dropped the computer from our name."

we're going to use the best pointing device in the world -- our fingers. We have invented a new technology called multi-tuch. It works like magic, you don't need a stylus, far more accurate than any interface ever shipped, it ignores touches, mutli-finger gestures, and BOY have we patented it!

So you use your finger to control the touch screen yet "it ignores touches," I don't quite understand that!?

i dislike apple and the whole ipod thing... BUT, when my contract is due for an upgrade the N91 is out and i'm getting one of them. it looks absolutely awesome.

Its not actually all that different from a PDA apart from the 8GB hard drive (or Flash memory?)

I'm expecting a price of around £299 in the UK...

I just found one in the local store! These things are amazing!

IPHONE2.jpg

I just found one in the local store! These things are amazing!

IPHONE2.jpg

Omg!?!!!!!!111!!1 There not even out yet dude!!!! Your sooo lucky!!!! :grin: :grin: :grin:

Sign in to follow this