NEurope
badboyace84

if you havn't pre-oredered

hi

just to let everybody know who hasn't pre-ordered, pc world are not taking pre-orders in store. I have just rung them and they said that they are not sure that they will have them on the 8th for long. So i asked if i could ring on the 7th and check they would have them in stock and reserve one for store collection on the 8th. They said that would be possible so there is hope for us people who have not pre-ordered.

wayhay:yay:

well i thought someone might like to know im also thinking of waiting up till 12 in the morning on the 7th and going on the pc world website and doing iot through the website as technically it will be on sale and not preorder anylonger

I hate their adverts.

Their 'average' customers are so funking fake.

I'll probably go there on the 7th and hassle them for one.

i dont like pcworld dixons or currys (all owned by the same chain) but if it get me a wii ill bite my tongue

Wow someone else actually from Cornwall. There's only one PC world I know of (Truro). I can't see them selling out or anything like that. Don't think anyone down here gives a stuff.

yeah thats what i thought hence i didnt pre-order one and yeah truro is where i am off to on the 8th have to do my xmas shopping i didn't preorder my ds when i got that from game also truro but they have my a bit worried now as i want one on launch send us a pm where in cornwall you are roughly

Good work! :) we should add any other stores that are doing this

I was gonna try argos but failing that pc world it is.

I rang up pc world and they said they werent taking any more pre orders, which probably means we wont be able to go to store and pick up. I rang argos they said same but said they're expecting another shipment from ninty.

yeah i re rang pc world today and they said all internet orders were taken but to ring on the 7th or pop in early on the 8th rang every other shop in truro and noone has one

For the rest of you, set those alarm clocks to "early" and put on some warm clothes.

An employee from comet told me that they would be doing first come first served but he might be talking about pre orders not sure ...

Our John Lewis branch are getting 10 in tomorrow. Norwich being the smallest branch.. larger ones may get more but it's first come first serve friday morning.

So John Lewis seems like the best bet then? I'm so tempted, I know I shouldn't but...

Seems like a good bet to me!

Not had many enquiries on the shopfloor about it. Not sure about call centre enquiries. Just doesnt seem much hype regarding customers.. which is obvious really since it's john lewis up a hill off the highstreet. I saw Wii play, remotes and nun-chucks on the computer system aswell. No games as yet.

Hey everyone, I'm new but am goddam desperate to get a Wii on friday or sat. My mum told me not to waste my money :indeed: but then she saw a dvd i had showing wii sports and then something on the news and was like "wow, that looks brilliant. Have you ordered one?" I was angry. Anyway, no i havent so now I'm looking for somewhere I can go to get one.

So yeah, i live near Poole and Bournemouth, anywhere you can recommend in that area to look? There is at least one of all these shops in my area: PC world, Comet, Currys, Dixons, Woolworths, plus some supermarkets and maybe some others ive forgotten. oh and then Game and Gamestation, but obviously they'll be sold out. Do you know if that "ring up on thurs night or turn up on fri morning" is applying to all the PC world shops? Or are some taking pre-orders? Also sorry this is a huge post. My first one, its late so I'm quite tired and a little over-excited :hehe:

I hate their adverts.

Their 'average' customers are so funking fake.

They actually had a "student" (using the term lightly) on one of their adverts buying a laptop and the staff boasted the specs (using dumbed down terms) and even saying "Not like you'll get any work done". A bunch of stereotyping bastards!

not sure about any of the shops you mentioned your best bet would be to ring up and ask if all stock they are getting will be fulfilled by preorders thats what i did

First time poster here, just thought I'd share my experiences this week!

Had my pre-order with HMV in Manchester for a few weeks now, told I was 50th or so in the queue and that they'd be getting around 500 Wiis in for the 8th (thought it was a likely story but hey, ever the optimist!)...surprise, surprise I got a phonecall yesterday that they wouldn't be able to give me on friday! Grrrr!

Now doing a frantic search round to see who'll be getting some Wiis in just to sell to joe public on friday...Virgin say they might be doing! If not, I'm planning my route to Argos, Toys R Us and the rest!

Must...have...zelda...

First time poster here, just thought I'd share my experiences this week!

Had my pre-order with HMV in Manchester for a few weeks now, told I was 50th or so in the queue and that they'd be getting around 500 Wiis in for the 8th (thought it was a likely story but hey, ever the optimist!)...surprise, surprise I got a phonecall yesterday that they wouldn't be able to give me on friday! Grrrr!

Now doing a frantic search round to see who'll be getting some Wiis in just to sell to joe public on friday...Virgin say they might be doing! If not, I'm planning my route to Argos, Toys R Us and the rest!

Must...have...zelda...

I'm sorry you were never going to get one, they were never going to get 500. I work in a premier store like Manchester is and we are currently the best games selling store up north and we are only getting 25, the bullshited I'm afraid.

Welcome to the forums Rossatron and Nintendohnut i think your best bet would be (like everyone said before) to ring up all the stores and ask if they have the wii in stock, if not you could do what Gaggle64 is doing

I know, I know...I was gullible enough to believe them and now I'm paying the price! I won't cancel my pre-order just yet as they say I'll get it before Xmas so I'll run around like a madman on friday (or thursday aft!) trying to find where'll have one and if that doesn't bear fruit then another week or two it is!