NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Stocka

From Revolution to Wii - The Road in Pictures (56K Warning)

Yup, those were the days, when we didn't know ANYTHING about the rev... wii ;) All the mockups, the speculation, etc. And now were just 12 days apart from playing on the damn thing :D

I think Revolution is still a great name for the console. However, to me, it will always be the coolest codename for any console. :)

But, without the name Wii, would we have names such as the "wiimote" or "wiichannels", or even Mii? Most certainly not.

Highlights of when the console was thought to be ultra powerful and full of revolutionary features such as 3D holographic projector. Who would've guessed its 1mhz more powerful than Gamecube...

But remember clearly the day the controller was announced and how the internet was flooded with activity. It was good Sony copied it, so they ruined their controller with the lack of rumble.

I remember i was loading the frontpage up, and i just the Wii logo. I think the most common thought that ran through our minds was confusion.

Still, i don't think it was as much confusion as when i saw the remote for the first time.

"Science indicates that every possible "Wii" joke has already been made, less than 72 hours after its revelation. Well done, Internet! You can stop now."

I must admit, watching the Nintendo ON video was an absolutely magical experience at the time, especially the first time. The build up with the music and Mario 64 bit and everything was so cleverly done.

I never thought i'd say this but i'm now glad it's called Wii rather than Revolution.

Oh and can anyone remember...

...wait for it.

seriousgamer007 :laughing:

Didn't they say 3DVDs thick and not 3DVD big.

yep correct.

anyway back to nintendo on, I just love the bit where you see thousands upon thousands of peachs castle and they all pile up and end up spelling on nintendo... its like mario 128 but even better!

yep correct.

anyway back to nintendo on, I just love the bit where you see thousands upon thousands of peachs castle and they all pile up and end up spelling on nintendo... its like mario 128 but even better!

And the Metallic Mario/Road to Bowser remix really got your excitement going.

And the Metallic Mario/Road to Bowser remix really got your excitement going.

yeah it did, it has to be said this is truly the single greatest piece of fan orientated hoax in the history of gaming (surely?!) you'd only get a nintendo fan doing something so dedicated...

revolution_controller_mockup_250705.jpg

i remember this one (i've been looking for the pictures)

i also remember the nexus pics

Ahhhh nostalgia

Seem only like last week when i was reading websites that explained how the Wii would have incredible graphics even with the not so good hardware because of some unknown technology in it

but that was over 2 years ago

Remember when Nintendo claimed that NGC's article about Zelda using the Wii Remote was a load of made-up rubbish? Those were the days....Zelda, the goodbye to the GameCube, leaving something like Metroid to start the Wii off.

spanuuund1qclz3.jpg

eenbomzaldroppenct1.png

Those were the times... when Iwata was supposed to bombzaldropen on GDC.

I had a site with the list of all the Revolution Controller fakes, but i lost it :(

Yeah it was a Dutch website who started the whole "bomzaldroppen" thing. Simply because they used their own weird way of expressing themselves. And some Americans started translating the text too literally, and well, the rest is history :D

Nintendo ON was great, I think I still have it somewhere. The movie was supposed to be much longer, but the guy who made it had his whole harddisk cleared by some funny reason, and had to do it all over again.

Here's a link I have:http://www.4colorrebellion.com/revolution-controller-mockups/

amongest all the real ones are some very odd mockup's here's a few of the better and worst:

revshell16ar.jpg

think a model similar to this made it on IGN, I think I would have actually preferred something like this than the classic controller. like this one:

crude3vi2hq.jpg

and what the hell is this pad?:

controllershellidea9ya.gif

and this:

predictingtherevolution2005081.jpg

pre-e3-2005-revolutions-siz.jpg

This was the IGN mock-up before the console was revealed, im sure they were shown it before E3 2005, they must have, that mock-up is exactly correct. The silver bit for the stand, the self-loading disc line, the buttons, all they missed out was the flap.

Why the hell have they spelt Nintendo Wrong!!!!!!

Why the hell have they spelt Nintendo Wrong!!!!!!

dunno guessing its deliberate seem as they got the wrong aswell.

For me the best part about the Road to the Wii was the renaming of the machine. The reactions all across the internet were hilarious, people were kicking off left right and center, myself included. The thing is none of us understood what a great name it would turn out to be in terms of marketing and the fact they told us the name before E3 so we could concentrate on other things was pure genius.

Best part for me? The build up to all the conferences. Alot of us (including myself) getting all excited...then most of them were a let-down!

We would then wait another 4 months for a conference...get all excited again...and then....nothing!

Alot of people on here didn't like the over-excitement and the rumours etc.. (although that even started to annoy me) but to me, it was the best part of the run-up to the Wii!

This last year has been pretty good on the Wii board.

Who would've guessed its 1mhz more powerful than Gamecube...

It is? I thought the Wii was 729mhz and the Gamecube was 485mhz

Sign in to follow this