N-Europe

dead Wiis

Oli1983uk

Guest Stefkov
38863459.ian.gif

Ish basheball

Whats that clip from. That guy looks like the guy from that Spinal Tap film, but its not is it. I dont rememebr that in the film.

I just hope mine doesnt die. I want a nice weekend of playtime.

I have a feeling that any hardware defects will probably apply to all regions as haven't the majority of the Wiis already been boxed up and are just waiting to go out to the shops?

Although hopefully any problems with updates should be resolved by nintendo as soon as it is released in Europe/Japan.

is the erorr codes people have been getting that mean you need to send your wii in for survice only a small percent of wii's or is it all of them and ae there any updates from nintendo

I think its just a select few. I recon Nintendo will change the update so it doesn't happen here.

I think its just a select few. I recon Nintendo will change the update so it doesn't happen here.

well actually i'm jut wondering when i can turn wii conect 24 back on.

i came home at lunch yesterday and when i saw the news i dashed down to my wii to turn wii conect 24 off but its anoying having it off. :nono:

well actually i'm jut wondering when i can turn wii conect 24 back on.

i came home at lunch yesterday and when i saw the news i dashed down to my wii to turn wii conect 24 off but its anoying having it off. :nono:

When it is launched in europe i plan to get the retro controller at launch and have everything ready, but i will wait a week before i connect to wiiconnect24 just in case the same thing happens, knowing my luck though i will probably still get one that has a problem... i had 5 original DS's! Until No5 they all had amazingly bad placed dead pixels! one of them had three right in the center of the bottom screen, in the blackboard cleaning game on warioware i kept thinking i had missed a spot!!!

Anyway, lets all keep our fingers crossed that nothing untoward goes down in Europe.

just found this on gonintendo.

Wii problems to be fixed by Euro launch

November 22nd, 2006

The bad news - some US Wii owners have experienced issues with their Wii after downloading a WiiConnect24 updates. The good news - this only effects a small number of consoles. The best news - Nintendo of Europe is promising that these issues will be smoothed out by the European launch.

I really have to say that Nintendo earned some extra respect (in my book) with this situation. The issue is out there, albeit one that effects a small percentage of owners. Nintendo hasn’t tried to hide the fact that the issue is there…instead they offer to replace defective Wii systems no problem, and promise to sort things out by the next launch. Good for Nintendo for owning up to these issues so early.

When it is launched in europe i plan to get the retro controller at launch and have everything ready, but i will wait a week before i connect to wiiconnect24 just in case the same thing happens, knowing my luck though i will probably still get one that has a problem... i had 5 original DS's! Until No5 they all had amazingly bad placed dead pixels! one of them had three right in the center of the bottom screen, in the blackboard cleaning game on warioware i kept thinking i had missed a spot!!!

Anyway, lets all keep our fingers crossed that nothing untoward goes down in Europe.

dont bother with the classic controller if you have a gc one

let me make this clear to all of you you cannot use an SD card unless you enable your wii to acess the net and then down load the updates. you will then specificaly have to turn off wii connect 24 if you do not want to use it. to acess things of the SD cards you need to transfer them to you wii system memory. the update that is killing wii's was either the wii shop channel update or the SD card update and this only effects some wii's since my wii has not been effected. and last of all...

dont bother with the classic controller if you have a gc one

I don't have a gc controller anymore:cry:

And there are meant to be so many wii points supplied with the retro controller which in theory would offset some of the costs, all i want is Donkey Kong to start off my retro career, then i will buy the points on cards from a shop until i have confidence in the online security, i know its got to be pretty damn secure but i like to be sure!

Roll on the Wii, but not in it!

let me make this clear to all of you you cannot use an SD card unless you enable your wii to acess the net and then down load the updates. you will then specificaly have to turn off wii connect 24 if you do not want to use it. to acess things of the SD cards you need to transfer them to you wii system memory. the update that is killing wii's was either the wii shop channel update or the SD card update and this only effects some wii's since my wii has not been effected. and last of all...

Please..stop telling us old news. We already gathered this, hence the thread moron.

Also, writing everything in bold is just plain annoying, if you feel there is something about your post that needs highlighting, only put that section in bold, not the whole fricken post.

Please..stop telling us old news. We already gathered this, hence the thread moron.

Also, writing everything in bold is just plain annoying, if you feel there is something about your post that needs highlighting, only put that section in bold, not the whole fricken post.

Well, at least I didn't know that you can download firmware updates and install them through SD cards.

Well, at least I didn't know that you can download firmware updates and install them through SD cards.

You cant. The only possible way you can update your firmware is by Connect 24 currently, and apparently plan to update the firmware through game discs in future.

The update allows you to transfer your wii info like game saves and VC data to the SD card.