NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
gj15987

Nintendo Advent Calendar

Anyone remember when Nintendo did the advent calendar on their site? I loved that, I wish they'd do another one this year.

Oooh, they had an advent calendar which you'd open each day till crimbo and it had goodies behind each window. Like mp3s or messenger icons etc.

For what you get.. they're a rip. And the chocolate is often foul.

I would like them to give away a Wii every day until Christmas. That'd make me excited about the Christian calendar.

I would like them to give away a Wii every day until Christmas. That'd make me excited about the Christian calendar.

Did you read the other posts first?

For what you get.. they're a rip.

Aren't we talking about a free advent calender here? :heh:

Haha, well yes ok, in normal advent calendars i don't eat the chocolate....i'd like to...but i just don't feel like eating it first thing in the morning when i open it.

You'd think at 19 i'd be over this sort of thing, but it wouldn't seem like christmas without an advent calendar.

Haha, well yes ok, in normal advent calendars i don't eat the chocolate....i'd like to...but i just don't feel like eating it first thing in the morning when i open it.

You'd think at 19 i'd be over this sort of thing, but it wouldn't seem like christmas without an advent calendar.

Eh? I'll be opening an advent calender when I'm 75 years old.

Hopefully.

As long as teh machiiines, global warming or arthritis haven't taken over.

Haha, good, i'm not the only one then.

Most of my mates don't have them anymore! Poor lost souls, lol.

I get the feeling this thread is not actually about advent calendars of the chocolate kind, but I shall talk about such anyway!

I would really love a proper nintendo advent calender with little nintendo related chocolates in it, made from advent calandar kind of chocolate(theres something magical in that chocolate).

That is all.

I know. But I like derailing threads.

This one was asking for it.

It was like 'Hey, I remember something.. do you remember it to?'

I was all like. EH EH EH.

Sprout's advent calendar last year was good. Nintendo Christmas Carol, awesomeness.

Sprout's advent calendar last year was good. Nintendo Christmas Carol, awesomeness.

Its hard to believe that thats almost a year ago :blank:

Itd be cool if there was an advent calender on the Nintendo site? Was there one last year or was the last on two years ago? It had the odd cool download in it!

As long as teh machiiines haven't taken over.

Every time I see a new report on Artificial Intelligence of life-like robots, like the Repliquee Q1 I get this quote in my head:

"The First ones had rubber skin, we spotted them easy. But this is something new: sweat bad, breath, blood... I had to wait for him to make a move before I could zero him"

*shudder* and then I pee my pants and can't sleep for the night.

ON TOPIC: I miss my glow in the dark advent calendar. But apparently you're not allowed to do glow in the dark stuff any more because it's toxic. So are cars. Ban them and then we'll have fun with cool glow in the dark stuff.

Yay, so I made my own, lol!

I had to resize the images to upload em but if anyone want to make it just PM me. I just cut the shapes out of the first one, then stuck the 2 sheets together and then put the shapes back in with blue tack lol!

I'm not the best at photoshop but I was quite pleased with how I managed to make it look like the Zora is actually standing in the water with the ripple effects :D

advent-calendar-top.jpg

advent-calendar.jpg

Nintendo are indeed doing an advent calendar. There is a banner for it at the top of their site. It links to this website.

The introduction is pretty cool, and the calendar itself will be a game, with downloads when you complete each day. Hopefully the days will be playable after the date, as I'll be away for about a week of it.

LOL, I've just seen this and posted about it on the NOE General Board. This years Calender features a storyline and each day you open a door to play a Mini level to continue the story/adventure. You will be rewarded with a download of some sort.

Last time NOE did an Advent Calender (2002) the final door gave away 200 stars. Sweet :) I wonder if NOE are going to give away a Flash based Desktop wallpaper like last year?......

That calander is gonna be snow good! (ah ha ha, i said snow instead of so, they sound alike but are completely different, ah ha ha, snow even has two more letters than the word so! I'm a comic genius!)

Sign in to follow this