N-Europe

The Reviews Thread

flameboy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Monkey Ball Wii is just as hard, if not harder.. the problem is the Wii mote is not quite as accurate as using an analog stick.

I think you mean that tilting your hand is not as accurate - not a problem with the Wii Remote (which is just too good at doing it's job).

The main problem is going directly forwards.

yeah going forward would be harder as it doesnt have the gc pad analogue sticks notches so you know very well when you are goin straight forward.

also think abit of problem is staying still cos the wiimote doesn't have a neutral postition so to speak, you have to keep the controller still.

The only bad Monkey Ball games are Adventure, Jr, Touch and Roll, Deluxe and 2.

Just rehash the orignal, I don't want any of this bullshit.

They're launch games. To be honest you're lucky to get a single great game with a console launch, and we've got Zelda, so anything else is just a big fat bonus.

Damn right. Most console launch games are shite. To have something of Zelda's scope at launch is a miracle.

What because Zelda is good, and most launches only have one good game that automatically makes Monkey Ball less of a good game?

Pfft.

I say this launch has 2, debateably 3 classic games.

Just as the GameCube launch had Rogue Squadron, Luigi's Mansion.. etc

Not all of them will retain their value because of laws of scale economics.. but I imagine they'll still be highly respected in 3 years.

This is from the IGN preview of Monkey Balls:

Banana Blitz is playing and looking so good that we've completely forgotten about that little adventure game with the monkeys in it -- what was it called again? Oh, it doesn't even matter. What matters is that players who loved the original Super Monkey Ball titles are going to do backflips over this Wii-enhanced sequel.

Does this sound like a 6.5 game? I question EGMs credibility.

To be honest, you guys are getting far too much with the Zelda stuff.

It's not going to take away anything? For me.. the game doesn't need reviews, I'll just buy it so I'm not gonna read them.

But I still watch some of the videos.. this will only be my second Zelda so perhaps I'm kinda virgin to the predictability of Zelda.

But really I am not that fussed about seeing a score or a few screenshots. When I saw FF8/9 screenshots in PlayStation magazine I went mental.. damn they're beautiful.

Did it take away from the game in comparison to 7 which I saw no screenshots beforehand? Hell no.

I don't think it's such a plot intensive game that there can be spoilers as such.

ROFL 10/40.

People would riot. I'd expect a typo like that from the fanboys at ONM.

I'm suprised Wind Waker got 40/40.. I thought the slow down during intense battles was quite intolerable even for the nimble system. I'd knock off a point for that alone.

Apparently it's not a problem in this game though.