NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
ZeldaFreak

There is something up with SD card support

Joystiq recently tried to move a saved game save from the memory(internal)to both a half used sd card and also an empty sd card. And the sd card never appeared on the memory page thing.

The feeling I have is that we will have to buy SanDisks/Nintendo "For use with Wii" cards what do you guys think

SD cards are never sold for an individual product. The only thing they could do is instal software on the SD card so it can only be used for Wii. But if you'de format it on your computer, that software is gone and the SD is inusable. I doubt. But what's possible is that half-used SD cards with other software or data cannot be used. Maybe using empty SD cards will install Wii software. This is smart and efficient, because the save data and games you downlmoaded to it cannot be opened and emulated on your computer this way. Why does Joystiq start out with a half-full SD? They just want to make people worried - and they did a great job. What a crappy website...

Wii is due to have a firmware upgrade at launch, right? If Nintendo know about it, this may sort the problem once and for all.

i'm allways going to be using the sandisk SD cards when i get one, untill then i'll be using the internal memory, although i heard it will only accept 512mb and 1Gb SD cards, whys that i wonder?

I think all SD is Sandisk's production. What joystiq means is that they don't get it working. But a lot of things are not working yet, because they'll need to update their systems before being able to. I wwant to see it with my own eyes or see website and magazines like IGN or NGamer talk about it before I actually believe this. Joystiq could be wrong... Recently, I just don't trust the site.

Joystiq recently tried to move a saved game save from the memory(internal)to both a half used sd card and also an empty sd card. And the sd card never appeared on the memory page thing.

The feeling I have is that we will have to buy SanDisks/Nintendo "For use with Wii" cards what do you guys think

I think your feeling is bollocks.

An SD card is an SD card. If it's specific to the Wii, it's not SD standard and it's not an SD card.

On the Gamespot "We got a Wii" movie, they put in one guys SD card, and it works fine.

Technically inept games journalists most likely.

Nintendo are offering costom soundracks in ExiteTruck which is a launch game. Do you really think Nintendo have the shortsightedness to expect gamers to get home, attempt to play ExiteTruck with their own music only to find they'll need to format an SD card and resave their MP3's? I'll be 100% shocked if this is the case.

"OMFG look at this, you have to press the A button to read the signs in Zelda! Deduct 26% from the score... OH DEAR GOD NO! THE GAME CONTAINS BROWN AND GREEN! NINTENDO ARE PWN3D ZOMFG lOL u N00Bz!11000"

Personally, I think a fansite or company dedicated to Sony and/or Microsoft have donated a fair bit of money to Joystiq to give the Wii bad reviews, even if the points are petty or fake. Joystiq are a widely distributed website and I'm guessing the Zelda review and the SD card bollocks have put at least one person off the Wii.

An SD card is an SD card. There are no special SD cards. Only faster ones. You can't mess with the protocol.

My guess is that you can't save to the SD cards because of the dirty haxorz.

On the Gamespot "We got a Wii" movie, they put in one guys SD card, and it works fine.

I know that but they didn't try moving the save file of excite truck/loz to the sd card though. Showing movies and also mp3 and pictures will work but actual saving game files on it may not on a SD card

I know that but they didn't try moving the save file of excite truck/loz to the sd card though. Showing movies and also mp3 and pictures will work but actual saving game files on it may not on a SD card

You really need to check the facts before you hit the post reply button.

Em well lets see it can do everything apart from saving a game to sd. I reckon there will be something to stop you using any old sd card ya know whether they have already been formatted for saving stuff on.

But as people are saying there is a firmware upgrade, what happens if you don't have broadband.

Kind of stupid by nintendo really speaking they should of added a 40GB harddrive to be internal or external like the 360s

Em well lets see it can do everything apart from saving a game to sd. I reckon there will be something to stop you using any old sd card ya know whether they have already been formatted for saving stuff on.

But as people are saying there is a firmware upgrade, what happens if you don't have broadband.

Kind of stupid by nintendo really speaking they should of added a 40GB harddrive to be internal or external like the 360s

We already know how much you know though, bugger all.

Ok now, whats this new rumour ive been hearing that Wii may/or may not accept 4GB SD cards?

Apparently people are assuming that because the newer and larger cards use the SDHC architecture, Wii wont support it. Is this true or not? Someone who has a Wii really needs to try one of the larger cards and see.

Ok now, whats this new rumour ive been hearing that Wii may/or may not accept 4GB SD cards?

Apparently people are assuming that because the newer and larger cards use the SDHC architecture, Wii wont support it. Is this true or not? Someone who has a Wii really needs to try one of the larger cards and see.

I wouldn't be too worried about such stuff...surely a simple firmware upgrade would be able to sort out such things in the future?

So am I right in thinking that Wii games will have an option similar to PSP game UMD's to upgrade the firmware?

I have no way currently to connect Wii to the internet (Wont have one for quite a long time too)

Sign in to follow this