N-Europe

Nextgen Zelda - First Person?

Ignite

Zelda to be a RTS game.

What does everyone think of this rumor?

I like it. Set it just before the fall of Hyrule, the dark monsterous forces of Ganondorf versus the might of the Hyrulian army, the ninjas of the Gerudo, the weaponsmiths of the Gorons, the amphibious Zoras and the elite Sheikah. Each team with their own megapowerful heroes and summonable creatures.

Shit yes I would play that game.

With regards to the first person thing, I don't like the idea but I'd give it a go.

Well, if the FP idea was just used in dungeons, I think it might be pretty good. I'd be intereseted in what the puzzles and bosses would be like and all, though there may be a problem using the boomerang, because we don't want to be throwing our controllers around are rooms (assuming that the motion sensor is used to direct how Link's items are used).

Anyway, as we seem to be adding rumours about the new LoZ now, I might aswell input something.

The next-gen zelda will be Zelda DDR, and you have to outdance Ganon to defeat him. What do you think of that rumour?

I like it. Set it just before the fall of Hyrule, the dark monsterous forces of Ganondorf versus the might of the Hyrulian army, the ninjas of the Gerudo, the weaponsmiths of the Gorons, the amphibious Zoras and the elite Sheikah. Each team with their own megapowerful heroes and summonable creatures.

Shit yes I would play that game.

That idea makes me... very comfortable. Give the license to the Creative Assembly. Or Blizzard.

What does everyone think of this rumor?

Just to clarify, that rumour is for the DS version of Zelda!

Don't think i'd like a First Person Zelda on Rev (if they want to experiment with it on DS then that's fine by me)! I'd be happy with a number of First Person elements should they want to include them, especially because of the controller; such as the standard First Person Bow and Arrow, Hookshot etc.. and perhaps fishing, some swordfights, some FP puzzles etc...

But not the whole game!!

I don't think we'll ever see a FPS Zelda. The DS version probably has point & touch elements (or something else really adding to the series) and if it works out OK they'll probably put it in the Rev version as well.

Damn.

That last post was me making a point.

I just made it up completely to show the fact that the thread starter didn't post any sort of source and it came from his ass.

Just like me saying: "what does everyone think about the whole Hitman series being remade for the Revolution?".

Damn.

That last post was me making a point.

I know. :P I'm pretty sure he got the rumour from Rev-Europe's news post on the next Zelda, so I decided to bypass your point (which was still a pretty good point) and make something bizarre up instead.

That idea makes me... very comfortable. Give the license to the Creative Assembly. Or Blizzard.

Hell yes, Blizzard would rock that out. Then they'd probably go and make World of Zelda or something equally as awesome. :P

I just made it up completely to show the fact that the thread starter didn't post any sort of source and it came from his ass.

Umm yeah dude.... ****.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com

'Quite what all that means is anybody's guess at the moment, but we can't quite shake the feeling that we might just be looking at some sort of first-person Zelda trickery, where you'll roam Hyrule looking through Link's eyes and manipulate your surroundings using the stylus. Of course, we might be entirely wrong here, but we've been wondering if this is the direction Aonuma intends to take the series ever since Miyamoto announced that Twilight Princess would be the last outing for Zelda as we know it.'

If you think about it in terms of game structureMetroid and Zelda are very similar and have been since their inception (albeit from different viewpoints) so for Zelda to go the way of Metroid Prime would't be such a bad thing. And with the Revs controller i'm sure Nintendo would make it work incredibly well.

Zelda should stay 3rd person, 1st person would just be :-/

For example, Turok should have been 3rd person, I mean, who the hell though of putting that much jumping in a 1st person game. Yes, I know zelda has auto jump, but it just wouldnt be the same.

'Quite what all that means is anybody's guess at the moment, but we can't quite shake the feeling that we might just be looking at some sort of first-person Zelda trickery, where you'll roam Hyrule looking through Link's eyes and manipulate your surroundings using the stylus. Of course, we might be entirely wrong here, but we've been wondering if this is the direction Aonuma intends to take the series ever since Miyamoto announced that Twilight Princess would be the last outing for Zelda as we know it.'

That definitely comes under the category of "extrapolation" rather than "rumour", though. C&VG are simply looking at the suggestion of one game's direction and using it to predict the possibility of another game's direction. Now if there was the old, "OMGZ!!!1111 Sum1 @ Nintendo told me Zelda's gone FPS!!!!!!11111 ONE ONE", then it would most certainly be a rumour.

Umm yeah dude.... ****.

EDIT:

Let's put it in a more pleasent way.

You did not put a source in your original post.

Hence my comment.

No need to be calling anyone ****.