NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
scubahood

The evolution of this forum

I don't know, the forum seems a bit more hectic, lots of jackasses around here and all, but still one of the best communities all around. Of course it's cool to say "AH the good ol days", but things aren't that bad. Mods need to tighten things up a little, but converstations can be more relaxed, it's not like every post needs to be brimming with information and phislosophycal thesis. All in all, I love it here.

the thread topics were just more interesting a year ago for some reason. Timeless and useful ones like 'how do i get a girlfriend' and 'Lady Lumps'

One highlight of this place was the evening of the musical instrument threads.

Stuff like that reminds me about the old days for some reason..........spam and silly threads are still needed I feel.

That totally helps though!

I put ****, dunno why it came up as ****.

EDIT: This is why this forums going down the drain im sure everyone thought i wrote a swear word but infact, i didnt Well done N-E you have now blocked ****.

What did Caris write though? im sure it was offensive anyways.

Wanna know what i worte?

****** in numbers.

This forum is far to tight.

EDIT AGAIN: saying this forum is so strict i cant even show you guys what i wrote, anyways it was:

TEN/TEN

10/10

Any of these, just to fill up the character limit.

Nothing offensive.

I put ****, dunno why it came up as ****.

EDIT: This is why this forums going down the drain im sure everyone thought i wrote a swear word but infact, i didnt Well done N-E you have now blocked ****.

What did Caris write though? im sure it was offensive anyways.

Wanna know what i worte?

****** in numbers.

This forum is far to tight.

EDIT AGAIN: saying this forum is so strict i cant even show you guys what i wrote, anyways it was:

TEN/TEN

10/10

Any of these, just to fill up the character limit.

Nothing offensive.

Haha, we censored it just to wind people up. I think that reaction suggest that it was the most successful venture ever. Seriously though, the 10 character restriction is there because nothing you can say in under 10 characters is worth our reading.

EDIT: Yea i got wound up, not botherd though everything i wrote i still agree on, and nothing under 10 characters worth posting? i disagree, i was simpliy agreeing with CubeChris, i dont want to write a S.A.

I still love this place as much as i did 5 years ago. I don't have much time for the main site anymore due to having a full time job but I still come to the forums daily to check out whats happening.

It has got a bit quieter lately but that happens and it will pick up, trust me I've been here long enough.

We have less idiots here than many other forums on the internet and i think our rules are quite relaxed compared to some.

Most of you lot are very curtious to your fellow forumers and post a lot of interesting threads throughout the forum. (just go look at ONM's forum to see how bad forums can be)

Like a lot of you i prefered "the old days" but thats cos i was younger, didnt have a job, well this site was literally all i used to do. Then of course all the hype over the cube launching. It was good times. But so is now, there is no need for it to change or be any different.

A forum is what the members make it so it's down to you guys to keep the place going, which you do and have always done. That's why all the staff thank you for your support throughout the years and hope that it continues. :)

p.s the censor of the 10 character limit thing was our little joke as a lot of you seem to use it rather than actually post something over 10 characters. We thought it would wind some of you up and it seems to have worked ;)

Good points by Platty, but i would also add NoE to a palce to go see some annoying idiots.

This place is merely a husk of what it once was, and it has forsaken those who meant most to it.

no one ever talks on the irc channel. But in my experience, no one talks on any irc channels.

I don't really think I was ever wishing the forums would become more like they are now. I feel these forums have quietened down and a lot of the fairly intelligent humour has left. Also there's far more people who think they're wittier than they are, posting irritating one line posts such as "in before lock", "QFT ten chars" and "NO WAI O RLY YA RLY!". People haven't noticed that none of this crap is funny, and it's really degrading these forums. On top of that, I miss a lot of people, Jim, the Uber l33ts, Robb, GKB, pdhq64, Gerben, Schpick... the list is a long one. But I guess that part's just nostalgia.

However back in the days of late n64/early cube, we were all hyped about the Gamecube launch. I don't know if the hype for the Wii is the same, because I don't frequent the Wii boards the way I once religiously floated towards Gamecube Discussion for the latest bit of exciting news. Those days were great, I loved the boards back then, I loved the signature/avatar competitions in gen chit chat, I loved designing my first sig, I loved talking about who was going to be in SSBM and deciding on our launch games for the GC.

Perhaps it's because being here is more of a job now, having to weed out the idiots rather than simply flinging insults at them and getting reprimanded myself, but I think the boards are in a slump at the moment thanks to a large number of self proclaimed "funny boys".

Yes

Downhill.

[****************..[/color]

Yes

It needs to go.

Yes

I would dread to think that im labeled as one of these "funny boys". Do we have a list?

This place kinda reminds me of Blue Peter actually, in Forum form

Everything changes. Not always for the best and not necessarily for the worst. I still enjoy coming here and I probably always will despite a lot of the more memorable Cube Europe Heroes having stopped posting. A decent forum requires a collection of indivuals with both love and hate for each other in order for it to all work... and that is certainly something we have here.

We're a new community now. I'm thankful of the older members who still stick around and so should you all be. If the others decided they didn't want to post anymore then it's simply their call and we need to respect that.

It's a whole new world we're in, guys. It's now onwards from 151 with only a fraction of the originals appearing. We've moved into the Gold and Silver era.

Sure Red and Blue will always be the best, but that's the past and it's gone.

Deal with it.

---

[edit]

I hope I can be the leader of these funny boys. It will be something akin to Hook where you all chant "THIRD CHILDREN" instead of Rufio. Think about it.

Everything changes. Not always for the best and not necessarily for the worst. I still enjoy coming here and I probably always will despite a lot of the more memorable Cube Europe Heroes having stopped posting. A decent forum requires a collection of indivuals with both love and hate for each other in order for it to all work... and that is certainly something we have here.

We're a new community now. I'm thankful of the older members who still stick around and so should you all be. If the others decided they didn't want to post anymore then it's simply their call and we need to respect that.

It's a whole new world we're in, guys. It's now onwards from 151 with only a fraction of the originals appearing. We've moved into the Gold and Silver era.

Deal with it.

Now you're just trying to stir up an arguement.

Deal with it.

---

[edit]

I hope I can be the leader of these funny boys. It will be something akin to Hook where you all chant "THIRD CHILDREN" instead of Rufio. Think about it.

I agree, but the forums proboly felt better cuase you were younger as well.

or just get the Chat working?

The reason no-one uses it is because everyone that would use it stayed at the old channel... aka... #cube-europe

just type /join #cube-europe

it's hard to decide really.its the closest thing we have to a chat room.but yet it kills most other topics

The reason no-one uses it is because everyone that would use it stayed at the old channel... aka... #cube-europe

just type /join #cube-europe

Doesn't work for me. It "opens" the channel, but when I try to type it just says that I haven't joined a channel yet. =/

It should be linked to the chat room where people can discuss their meaningless nonsense.

Oh wait, the chat room doesn't work.

Sign in to follow this