NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
scubahood

The evolution of this forum

In that case I admit occasionally spam, but it's not the end of the world.

In that case I admit occasionally spam, but it's not the end of the world.

Same, the spam i do is to make a point about the up tightness of his forum.

Make a point about what? I don't think anything is too uptight here. We follow our rules and make sure that the rules are obeyed. What forum doesn't allow that? If anything, others might say that this is too lenient a forum, and i'm sure some would argue that that is the case.

And besides, spaming to make a point about something is not the way to do things. There is a suggestion thread, so if you think anything is particularly wrong or would just like to make a suggestion, use that. Spaming will just ruin threads, and therefore will not help anyone.

Its a viscous circle. You (collective) spam, we 'crackdown' more, so you (collective) spam to show how much we crackdown, we crackdown etc.

This forum is particularly good. The only place I've come across that's anywhere near as much fun is the EDGE forum- easily the most deranged and absurd place I've ever posted and all the better for it.

this place is fun, I like alot of people here and the community isn't dominated by elitist cocks who act like they deserve recognition for their post counts. I hardly post anywhere else for a good reason.

Gen ChitChat's good. 3 or 4 good members, good forum.

PA Forums seem pretty good if anyone wants to bugger off somewhere else.

It is not difficult to loosen up. It does not require any acrobatics on my part.

What does it matter to you how we behave? You are not here to have a sensible conversation about anything or use this as a proper forum. You don't sign in and post intelligent posts about the Wii, or respond to people's threads with a useful interjection. You're only here to be one of the witty one-liners, hoping your short quips make you look cleverer than anyone else. If I look through your last hundred posts, most are one liners, completely useless to the conversation, dozens of them were single words that have been removed because they were spam.

It's elitists who're ruining this forum, not the administration. A "tight" forum would be one where we removed every post like yours, and every person who posted one.

Go Shawty

Its funny, most of these 'badasses' that make only condescending posts wouldnt dare talk down to people like that in real life because they would get their asses kicked on a constant basis

The real problem with the forum is there's no cool "Geoffry/Jeffry (that's where I screwed up)" type of events. Maybe the members are too vigilant about what they post?

There have been some events here on N-Europe, although to be fair they're all secretly meaningful in what they attempt to accomplish (except the current Jordan avatar one which is just a divine exercise in creativity). These events were probably not on the same scale as the Geoffry incident, the details of which elude me even to this day.

Anyone care to fill me in on that?

I think the forum needs all sorts of posters from witty one liners to the super intelligent and picture-posting machines codenamed Dante. Haver's posts are as essential to the forum as anyone else's. It is who he has established himself as on here and it's something that I personally have no problems with. If everyone here posted seriously all the time it would be very boring.

It all went to hell since rep points were taken away. Slowly but surely to hell.

I may have only just joined the forum, but I've been a long time lurker (and I mean long time. Like, back in the C-E days and before). I used to mainly frequent the PGC boards and chat, but I kinda slowly weaned (sp?) myself off once Billy Berghammer left. Not to say the rest of the staff weren't good, but it just didn't quite seem the same. Maybe it was just the fact the GC was out for about a year at that point, and all the hype had passed.

Anyhow, I like this board because I see quite a nice lack of unneeded flaming, fanboyism (is that a word?) and general n00bishness (now that definetly isn't a word!). So I thought I might as well try an contribute something to the forum. Plus, everyone seems to be nice and friendly to the new guys. Especially if they read the posting rules and t0T4lLy sP3lLz0Rs pR0p3rLY. W3rD.

Sign in to follow this