MS Windows Vista Box Shot

i just had to post this, yes i know its just a box but hey it beautiful

28654653682ea90042bkj4.jpg

winvistapackaging05oy5.jpg

winvistapackaging02ax4.jpg

Windows Vista on MSDN on the 17th Nov 06

Oh my god so beautiful...

Shame my Mac looks nicer, and it looked nicer before MS copied them :awesome:

I'm going to leave the upgrade until nearer the end of next year. And with that I'll also make the move to 64bit, as most of my daily apps are now compatible.

I don't think the price they are asking for is too much considering it's an OS you'll be using for the next 4 years +. But then again, I've never bought Windows before either.

I can just see them being alot tighter on piracy from the get go, and I don't want to have the worry of having to re-install every few months with a new torrent download because MS have fixed security loop holes..

Very nice box though.

If it weren't for their DX 10 'exclusivity' what would be the point in upgrading so soon? I can't see developers taking advantage of DX 10 until after the summer next year, heck they're still patching and find security holes in XP.

And then there's the price of course. I've never bought an OS ever apart from the ones that come with the PC.

ms is to apple as sony is to nintendo

ms and sony are copie cats

i cant wait for mac 10.5 leapord

ms sucks

I will have to buy it.

Not ultimate, but something that meets my home and business needs at a budget price.

Right now, I'm looking into business. I'm evolving with the times.

The box is awesome, but that disk looks like the sort of print they have on bus chairs. I dont like it

So beautiful. Shame I will be torrenting it. I ain't paying the amount m$ are asking for.

It wont work, they've got that security issue cracked now. Features will stop working every time you use it until its unusable, or you buy a lisence.

It wont work, they've got that security issue cracked now. Features will stop working every time you use it until its unusable, or you buy a lisence.

::shrug:

Bastards. I hope people will find a way around it :P

If that's completely true, and nobody cracks, I'm changing to Linux. And I bet I'm not the only one.

If that's completely true, and nobody cracks, I'm changing to Linux. And I bet I'm not the only one.

Don't worry the hatred towards M$ is too great for that to happen. It'll probably get cracked in a month or sooner.

In the early terms of use to home users there were a limit to how many times the software could be transferred from pc to pc. The limit was once, which generated a stir as the users couldn't even majorly update the pc without violating the terms of use. That's fixed now so all is well, but I'm wondering what will be next stupid thing they come up with...

That box looks great. I'll probably wait until the price falls a little, though. Or, if Microsoft are offering it, I'll buy a cheaper edition of Vista and then upgrade it to Ultimate later.

For once I have to say: microsoft did a great job on Vista. I'm a designer, so Macs are my home (and I love them, too), but Microsoft nicely stole allot of features that Apple ripped of the 'making in Longhorn' list of two years ago. Microsoft is certainly proving they can make an appealing operating system. Don't know if it will work well, though - and that's the quality of Mac... Nice box, though, and Microsoft certainly surprised me when I saw the first screens. Impressive.

meh thats retail box vr, wait for the OEM release that should remove at least £150

99% of OEM software is the same price as retail boxed software. Disk/Case costs virtually nothing.

Only savings is in mass bulk buy.

Nice little box, the OS is very graphically intensive.. where as Macs are functional but not over the top.

eg. Expose.. it's 2D so it works fast, smooth and even on laptops.

take Aeroglass.. it's 3D, it's incredibly intensive on the first wave of Vista PCs and offers no extra functionality.

Sign in to follow this