NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dcubed

IGN Weekly 30 with 10mins of Wii interface direct feed!

Are WPA 1 and 2 the MYSTERIOUS games confirmed for Virtual Console, if so what are the titles of the games?

WPA:

Wi-Fi Protected Access, a wireless encryption standard and successor of Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP)

--

Sweet video :)

Actually you can download them, but you'll have to wait a few days to be able to. If you notice, the previous IGN Weekly's can be downloaded. I suggest everyone downloads No 27, it has 5 minutes of Matt just showing off the Wii from all sides and all its ports. He takes it off the stand and puts it on its side, you can see how it looks very up close. Teh Sexyness.

for the people that don't want to watch the video here are some screenshots of te interface:

kkdeaocpmwqmq-wii1.JPG

kkdeaocmdekmp-wiitvreso.JPG

kkdeaocmdeokw-wiisound.JPG

(surround is pro logic 2 ofcourse)

kkdeaocpmcqp-wifiname.JPG

kkdeaocpmwoww-wii-security.JPG

I know this isn't the right place to ask but since the above pictures are there:

The DS only uses WEP, the Wii uses WPA (which is a bit better). But I'm sure my router has only one security setting either WEP or WPA. Now if I set it to WEP I can use both less securely, but can I set it to WPA and use the Wii to WiFi my DS over WPA??

Confusing I know?? This would make me a happy man!

Tha was a good video.The menu layout is pretty good and the music when the Trauma Centre title came up was cool.

I know this isn't the right place to ask but since the above pictures are there:

The DS only uses WEP, the Wii uses WPA (which is a bit better). But I'm sure my router has only one security setting either WEP or WPA. Now if I set it to WEP I can use both less securely, but can I set it to WPA and use the Wii to WiFi my DS over WPA??

Confusing I know?? This would make me a happy man!

I think you can only select one security protocol (WEP or WPA) for your network, as devices that don't support one protocol (such as the DS not supporting WPA) can't access the network. You'll probably end up having to use WEP for the network.

I'm forced to use WEP anyway as my PC WiFi card only supports WEP.

ooo like that option for HDTV. Definitely getting a component cable now for my HDTV. Watched the vid, and the discs going into the slot, looks seamless. nice and smooth

Finally! WPA settings, this is great news!

wiimain_qjpreviewth.jpg

This pic of the menu intrigues me (from wii.qj.net by the way).

Data Management. I havent seen the video yet so does anyone know if IGN tried connecting USB storage devices to the Wii USB ports? We need a final confirmation if it can use them or not. If not, then Nintendo should get to work on a system update patch right away. The more storage options we have, the better. It would be so simple to connect a large USB hard drive to Wii and not have to worry about running out of space.

This pic of the menu intrigues me (from wii.qj.net by the way).

Data Management. I havent seen the video yet so does anyone know if IGN tried connecting USB storage devices to the Wii USB ports? We need a final confirmation if it can use them or not. If not, then Nintendo should get to work on a system update patch right away. The more storage options we have, the better. It would be so simple to connect a large USB hard drive to Wii and not have to worry about running out of space.

Nop, he just showed the GC cards and Wii's flash memory.

Nop, he just showed the GC cards and Wii's flash memory.

Good thing the Wii's OS is fully upgradable. Larger storage solutions are a must. :wtf:

One worrying feature was the fact that the guy indicated it was hard to get the component cable and the wii he was using was run through composit as the 480p option was greyed out.

Sign in to follow this