N-Europe

Tales of Graces

Dante

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you've played ToS, then you're gonna love DotNW.

Hmm fair enough, is the main character / story as generic as reviews have suggested though?

Also apparently you don't get to interact wth much of the scenery this time and then theres the crappy point and click map that replaced the originals explorable one. :(

Hmm fair enough, is the main character / story as generic as reviews have suggested though?

Also apparently you don't get to interact wth much of the scenery this time and then theres the crappy point and click map that replaced the originals explorable one. :(

It wouldn't say they are, the story is interesting enough and has a fair few mysteries in it and Emil is an interesting character. Though I haven't completed it so I don't know how it turns out, but I think there's a few twists in it. As for the map, it's not that big of a deal, just a little thing, just cuts down the travelling, though I would of preffered a world map.

those are the unused trademarks, but... they won't be used.

Namco always registers 3 trademarks for each Tales game; for example for Tales of the Tempest it was Tales of the Howling, Tales of the Tempest and Tales of Doom Sign if I recall correctly; and one got picked in the end.

They don't "recycle" names, or not so far. (this said some of those trademarks might be new and unused, thus, meant for this one, but we dunno) And... that said, I haven't heard this trademark mumbo jumbo since... ToV was moneyhatted?

perhaps it's out of fashion now; but either way... I spot a lot of old names in there, from the aforementioned practice.

You get used to the scenery. The map doesn't take away from the game that much, it just makes it shorter. Though, I'm to sure why they didn't copy and paste in the original map. The story is awesome though once the game starts, its a true sequel not just a spin off. There aren't quite as many twists and turns as in the original one though, I'd say its about a third as long as the original though. But if you liked the first one, you NEED this game.

From Neogaf

Seemingly complete report from the Tales of Wii event, from 2ch (also a recap) :

- Development is almost two years in

- Inspired by medieval europe

- Voices recording process is almost over

- Seems like they are making a new presentation for the field

- They are making the battle animations really detailled

- Plenty of cool pauses (such as sheathing his sword, etc)

- More detailed infos come spring

Development is almost two years in

Actually, I have a question regarding this (don't know how I would translate it exactly into my mother language):

1.) Does this mean that the game HAS BEEN in development FOR 2 years.

OR 2.) does it mean that it WILL BE in development for about 2 more years?

However, I think it means what I stated in 1.)

I wonder what they are meaning with:

I mean: There aren't many possibilities to change the field.

My guess is that the different approach to it comes throught the way the camera works in the field:

vlcsnap12023281mo2.jpg

third person behind the back, like zelda and with zelda-like draw distance and detail, meaning you'll see the town getting closer before actually enter it. before the world map camera was farther, the geometry was very reduced compared to cities and the city's themselves appeared as small/chibi representations whereas before our character was like some kind of godzila besides them:

tales-of-the-abyss-20051118115627917_640w.jpg

if that was Tear's actual size, the whole party wouldn't fit in that measly city. Not to mention world maps in tales before it had pretty weak geometry (even that moneyhatted HD tales does that) including structures where you can count the polygons and blackboard tree's.

If; that image I showed is not a game segment were you exit the world map and enter a "level" just before a city (and that would be unpractical to reach the town we see far away from there, unless it was done one time and skipped afterwards if wanted); so if that image is the world map, and not "the aforementioned segment", then there's a big difference in approach (and a big improvement at that)

That's my guess/bet, anyway.

Hope that this game gets a release in the west (because most tales of games aren’t). And that mainly because they don’t got the manpower/room to translate the games (most of them are outsourced). I Really hope Nintendo would step up and help Namco get some foot on the ground with there tales of games.

Hope that this game gets a release in the west (because most tales of games aren’t). And that mainly because they don’t got the manpower/room to translate the games (most of them are outsourced). I Really hope Nintendo would step up and help Namco get some foot on the ground with there tales of games.
Wrong, they don't outsource anymore, not since Phantasia GBA (and they did some titles in-house before).

They're obviously not that flooded if after ToSDotNW they're gonna take a "big break":

Are you evaluating the DS Tales games or thinking about the mothership Tales title for the Wii?

Right now, we’re just enjoying the last few months of the series’ 10th anniversary in North America. It was a tall order to prepare two huge RPGs like Dawn of the New World and Tales of the Moneyhats, so everyone is taking a well-deserved deep breath before we decide on our next move.

Source: http://www.siliconera.com/2008/10/31/the-tales-team-tells-us-about-tales-of-symphonia-dawn-of-the-new-world/

Well deserved what? what a bunch of idiots. Bandai Namco sucks mate.

So, they clearly have the inhouse capacity to translate two tales games per year now, and make simultaneous releases; but are they starting right away on Tales of Innocence and Tales of Hearts? oh no, we're way too lazy to do that!