N-Europe

Gamestation Trade Ins?

Happenstance

If you have enough games then you can, but you'd need a lot of games.

Their trade in prices are really poor. I was offered £1-2 for some premium PS2 games in great quality.

Went into GAME and got £5 each for a couple of them.. I've never noticed them forcing you to pay cash as well.. but I've not traded in there since it opened about 2 years ago.

See its different where I live, granted I havent traded in games in a year or so but when I did gamestation were giving the better deals on trade ins than GAME.

It could be because Gamestation had just opened I guess so GAME hadnt had time to alter their trade in prices to be more competetive.

Their trade in prices are really poor. I was offered £1-2 for some premium PS2 games in great quality.

By the way there isn't a sliding amount depending on quality. If its in good order it will be traded in, if its not it won't be. Its not like "Hmm, minor fingerprints, a small scratch so thats £2 off..."

Our GameStation has a bin for games without cases, they're all a couple of quid.

Obviously the disk is the priority.. but if you lose the manuals, or the cases and sleves you get less.

GAME do this too, but they only have a few. I picked up Double Dash for a couple of quid because it had no case or manual. It was just wrapped up in a paper sleeve and placed in a see through plastic wallet.

The GBA games are real bargains.. you just get it in a little plastic case without anything. You can get GBA stuff for like £3

Listing fees, plus PayPal fees, plus postage fees (+ increase) plus packaging, plus work.

Makes trade ins not such a bad deal these days.. it's not so bad for Cube games because eBay isn't swamped.. but for the PS2 trade-ins aren't so unnatractive in town. Even with shops' markup prices.

Listing fees, plus PayPal fees, plus postage fees (+ increase) plus packaging, plus work.

Makes trade ins not such a bad deal these days.. it's not so bad for Cube games because eBay isn't swamped.. but for the PS2 trade-ins aren't so unnatractive in town. Even with shops' markup prices.

Well I just sold Brain Training on eBay for £16.50 including postage (after PayPal costs). Postage was £1.10, I had the packaging already, listing fee was 30p.

Much rather do all that than get a fiver at Game.

Well I just sold Brain Training on eBay for £16.50 including postage (after PayPal costs). Postage was £1.10, I had the packaging already, listing fee was 30p.

Much rather do all that than get a fiver at Game.

'Tis true.

Jap DS games go for insane prices used. I've sold Jump SuperStars and Bleach for £25 buy it now. eBay > Trade-in.

Plus its cash in hand as opposed to virtual money. You buy a GC at game for £35, trade it in for credit, get £8. They sell it on for like, £20.:nono:

Ashley will tell you that they don't take imported games, of course Japanese games will go for more, they're imported.

And people are scared of importing thus will pay premiums for UK sellers.

Big Brain academy is still a premium game, selling well. Are you sure you'd get £5? Most DS games are £25 second hand in GAME.. I really doubt they'd mark you up 300%.

It'd probably have a resale value of £15., thus probably getting you £10.

Ashley will tell you that they don't take imported games, of course Japanese games will go for more, they're imported.

Big Brain academy is still a premium game, selling well. Are you sure you'd get £5? Most DS games are £25 second hand in GAME.. I really doubt they'd mark you up 300%.

It'd probably have a resale value of £15., thus probably getting you £10.

Brain Training, not Big Brain Academy.

The majority of foreign games don't scan anyway. Each store is different but we've accepted American DS games before if they scan, as we know they will work.

Guest Stefkov

Ashley do you know how much i would get Blazing Angels for a Trade in, in GAME?

Its one of the only games ive finished and theres no point in having it.

Just checked ebay and one's going for £18, the one with the least time left.

That's suprising the barcode's the same. Might get rid of my Meteos haven't played in 6 months. Ta.

More likely the American barcode happens to be on the system.

Ashley do you know how much i would get Blazing Angels for a Trade in, in GAME?

Its one of the only games ive finished and theres no point in having it.

Just checked ebay and one's going for £18, the one with the least time left.

No. For the 360? Hmm, probably around the 18 anyway.

Are Game or Gamestation still allowing people to trade in GameCube hardware at all?

I know you wouldn't get much, but something is better than nothing right!

Game, yes. Like £12 though probably.

By the way there isn't a sliding amount depending on quality. If its in good order it will be traded in, if its not it won't be. Its not like "Hmm, minor fingerprints, a small scratch so thats £2 off..."

They told me if it doesn't manuals or boxes then more money gets taken off.

I have traded games in there with a few scratches on, so they checked it played the took off another £1

They told me if it doesn't manuals or boxes then more money gets taken off.

I have traded games in there with a few scratches on, so they checked it played the took off another £1

Well they can put incomplete, but thats different. A PS2 game with a manual, box and disc is £5. With the same things and a minor scratch, still £5. With the same things and a bit of scuff on the box, £5. With huge scratchs on the disc, nothing. Get what I was getting at? Doesn't matter about "quality", but rather contents.

All I can do is tell you what haapened at gamestation it came up with my GC game Luigis mansion that because it had a scratch on it they marked it as disk fault. Then they said those type of disk they send them to one place and repair the scratches then they resell them

If anyone wants to know which one it is, its the one outside of town in the blockbuster store - in the area where there is a McDonalds, Jollys pet shop, and Wilks(DIY store)