NEurope
Tellyn

Virtual Console - All you need to know

Yeah Stef, they are all added permanently so theres no need to rush. You should still get Mario RPG as soon as you can, but its not set to disappear from the Shop Channel anytime soon/ ever. :)

Thanks mate.

I thought I remember reading they're up there for a limited time only. This makes me happy.

I just downloaded it anyways. Gonna play me some retro magic.

There was only the Lost Levels that were temporary, last September during the first Hanabi Festival. Its now been uploaded permanently to the Shop Channel, so all Hanabi games are there and can be downloaded at our leisure.

I got some time on Ys earlier this morning. I've not played much of it (I keep dying to the weakest of baddies) but from what I've seen, it should live up to its reputation. Its great to have speech in such an old game, and the music ain't half bad either! : peace:

Just downloaded Super Mario 64, it brings back so many memories of when me and my mates used to play this on the N64 back in the day. And i can still remember how to get the vast majority of the stars that i struggled with back 10 years ago.

I downloaded Ys Book1 & 2. Enjoying it so far. Does anyone know where the golden vase is?

I'm really on the fence about Ys, right now I don't have time to play, but I'm afraid it's one of those games that didn't age well. For example, I couldnt replay Phantasy Star Collection, it was just boring.

I'm really on the fence about Ys, right now I don't have time to play, but I'm afraid it's one of those games that didn't age well. For example, I couldnt replay Phantasy Star Collection, it was just boring.

I know what you mean about the old PS games, I find it difficult to play them as well. One day I will sit down and do it though.

Ys hasn't aged though. In fact it plays similar to A Link to the Past. The battle system is pretty simple, you just walk into the enemies, but you have to becareful not to be counter attacked by them. Way better than random battles.

Th egame has some good music as well, and the voice acting isn't too bad. I thought the anime style cut scenes were great.

The game is really short though. I'd say Ys book 1 took me less than 10 hours to finish. Ys 2 looks like it might be around the same length.

If you've got the points, then I recommend getting it.

yes yes yes... just found out about Boulder dash.. have just downloaded it and given it a go and it holds 100 pct.. not one of those nostalgia games that are fun for about 2 minutes. Now give me Thrust and H.E.R.O and im 'appy

AWESOME UPDATE TONIGHT!

We have Shining Force II and............EARTHWORM FREAKIN JIM!!!!

EDIT: Just downloaded EJ. Grooooooooooovy!

Damn.. I want Earthworm Jim.. I mean, I want it on cartridge eventually, but this is one of those games I'd actually want to play now, so I'd like to download it.. But I have to be careful until Spring. I want to have enough space for savefiles until I can use my SD cards, and I don't want to delete any more stuff (got rid of Lost Winds with pain in my heart). How many blocks is it? I'll think I'll make the last exception untill Spring, if needed, I'll delete the Nintendo channel.

Damn.. I want Earthworm Jim.. I mean, I want it on cartridge eventually, but this is one of those games I'd actually want to play now, so I'd like to download it.. But I have to be careful until Spring. I want to have enough space for savefiles until I can use my SD cards, and I don't want to delete any more stuff (got rid of Lost Winds with pain in my heart). How many blocks is it? I'll think I'll make the last exception untill Spring, if needed, I'll delete the Nintendo channel.

Its 39 blocks.

Ha, thanks for the reply, though I didn't wait for it, I've already downloaded it ;). Groovy! I wonder how it compares to its SNES counterpart though? And did it get released on Megadrive first? I wonder what their policy is on multiplatform (as in both SNES & Megadrive) games.

Good new for you guys, these are the latest VC PEGI ratings...

- Boogerman

- ClayFighter

- Earthworm Jim 2

The US have got... *drums please* SECRET OF MANA!! :eek:

My fridge is in need of some of that.

I wonder if that was the BIG game that was rumoured to have been put on hold for Megaman 9.

The US have got... *drums please* SECRET OF MANA!! :eek:

My fridge is in need of some of that.

Was that released in EU? And if it was, any chance of us getting it this week?

I sooo hope this is out on friday...I cant be bothered to set my SNES up and look at its shit composite graphics...

holy crap.. just read the review for World of goo.. and saw some vids.. looks awesome.. but q1 2009 for europe... argh

Was that released in EU? And if it was, any chance of us getting it this week?

On the Snes? It sure was. Whenever its out over here (this weekend please!) its definitely an obligatory download. :yay:

- Space Harrier: Sega Master System (500 Wii points)

- Streetfighter 2 Special Champion edition: SNES (800 Wii points)

- Mayhem in Monsterland: C64 (500 Wii points)

Disappointing...where's my SoM :(