NEurope
Tellyn

Virtual Console - All you need to know

Thanks for your views on it Lens o' Truth, however I'm still tempted by the game! I read it has different gameplay styles in it and that it lasts "only" about 20 hours - that time frame sounds pretty inviting actually cos it means the thing shouldnt last me to Christmas. :santa:

So the game isnt perfect...? Is it really such a "steaming turd" that I shouldnt give it a whirl? (I'll likely talk myself out of it anyway...)

Uploaded to the european Wii Shop Channel server:

- Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts (SNES) (ROM only)

- Double Dungeons (Turbografx) (ROM only)

I'll update if any other ROM's or screenshots appear.

Super Ghoul's and Ghosts! Yipeeeeeeeee! Borrowed that game from a friend when I was young, but never did finish it. Now I can! March is a good month for games on the Wii so far.

Perhaps I was being a little harsh. I've not played it on the crusty old megadrive for quite a while. It does have a good story and the music's very atmospheric. It can just be quite annoying and tedious at times. But the campy retro charm outweighs that if you're in the right frame of mind. By all means give it a try.. just don't expect it to rock your world!

EDIT: Incidently, there's quite a funny 'review' of it on youtube if you do a search..

Uploaded to the european Wii Shop Channel server:

- Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts (SNES) (ROM only)

- Double Dungeons (Turbografx) (ROM only)

I'll update if any other ROM's or screenshots appear.

I swear to god,A Link to the Past better be up on Thursday...

I agree, Im aching to play this again. I wonder why its taking so long seeing as the yanks got it ages ago now.

I agree, Im aching to play this again. I wonder why its taking so long seeing as the yanks got it ages ago now.

Yea I know,it's been out for so long for everywhere else,and it sucks it still isn't out here when this is the only VC game I want.

Yea I know,it's been out for so long for everywhere else,and it sucks it still isn't out here when this is the only VC game I want.

What they said....

We'll probably get it when America gets Ocarina (or do they already have it)?

What they said....

We'll probably get it when America gets Ocarina (or do they already have it)?

They go it the Monday after we got it,so when we got it they just had to wait like 3 days :(

Damn, well then NOE are tossers (not that there was ever any doubt of that fact)!

a LTTP is sooo last month, and yes we got ocarina last week. We havent got Zelda II yet though

I don't quite think Zelda II and Alttp can be compared with each other though...

I'm waiting for Zelda II more than Zelda 3, which I own and have finished whereas with the second one, I don't own it and have never completed it. :heh: So hurry and get it on the Virtual Console!!

a LTTP is sooo last month, and yes we got ocarina last week. We havent got Zelda II yet though

We do have Zelda II, either that or my VC's defective lol.

We do have Zelda II, either that or my VC's defective lol.

He lives in the US so we have different games to download.

I'm waiting for Zelda II more than Zelda 3, which I own and have finished whereas with the second one, I don't own it and have never completed it. :heh: So hurry and get it on the Virtual Console!!

Zelda II has been out for a few weeks!

He lives in the US so we have different games to download.

Ah, I failed to notice that lol.

darksnowman is from the US???

I just got 1000 Points from the Virtual Console, and had 200 Points left over from last year, so I bought Super Mario Bros. Brilliant game and lovely choons, but I'm crap at it and have yet to beat Bowser in the first level. :heh: I have 700 Points left, and need some recommendations please. I like platformers and adventure games, but I'm after something new. Can people recommend me any games?

What they said....

I'm waiting to play it, too. Hopefully it won't dissapoint me like SMW did.

OK a little help if possible:

i have recently brought mario world and i use a gamecube pad with it. The controls are terrible...its B to run...A for spinning jump and X for normal. Is there a way to change normal jump to the A button.

If not is the controls nicer on the classic controller

It's impossible to re-map the controls, but the controls are nice on the classic controller. I swear it's a marketing ploy.

omg, super ghouls 'n ghosts, I swear to god, the first time I found out what I had to do to be able to finish the true final boss (spoiler: replay the game from start to get the key) , I was like " I HATE YOU, CAPCOM."

and then I just did it. :). Excellent in graphics,sound and gameplay, but a very difficult game. If you're the kind of person that has difficulties with the jumping in super mario bros, then avoid this at all cost, you'll never finish the first level.

They're teasing you.

There's a new ROM in the server. This makes it:

- Galaga (NES)

- Double Dungeons (Turbografx)

- Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts (SNES)

No screenshots yet.

And I'd say that this is probably all we'll get this week. Bear with it.

Haha, sorry that I've not explored the Virtual Console Shop Channel enough to notice Zelda II is on it. :red: I may just spend my 500 points on it this weekend if the Turtles doesnt come out - which looks like it isnt, if little birdies info is correct.