NEurope
Tellyn

Virtual Console - All you need to know

Can't decide whether to get OOT or Super Mario World!:mad: OOT is OOT, but after getting Super Mario Bros. and loving it, I want to get SMW!

Virtual Console is becoming something of an addiction for me. On friday I want a VC game, not I see a game and want it. I find a game I want almost for the sake of it.

I now have Super Mario Bros, Super Mario World, Super Probotector, Super Star Soldier, R-Type, Comix Zone. Of those I regret buying SuperStarSoldier and kind of R-Type considering I can only play the first 2 levels before game over.

I'll get DKC and LttP before long, maybe R Type III. What are people thinking of DKC? How does it hold up now and do you have the urge to play through it? Also, how hard is R Type III compared to R Type I?

I'll add my name to the list of peeps who crave some Past Linking action. I've been expecting it every friday since the US got it.

Virtual Console is becoming something of an addiction for me. On friday I want a VC game, not I see a game and want it. I find a game I want almost for the sake of it.

I now have Super Mario Bros, Super Mario World, Super Probotector, Super Star Soldier, R-Type, Comix Zone. Of those I regret buying SuperStarSoldier and kind of R-Type considering I can only play the first 2 levels before game over.

Might I recommend Ristar? It's a brilliant game with great gameplay. The graphics are beautiful; well drawn, stylish, colourful and there are really nice special effects at certain points in levels. The music is also perfect. :)

What do people think the next console will be for Wii's VC?

Sega Master System?

Sega Saturn?

3DO?

I hope it's Saturn, but I think it's too hard to emulate. I'd kill to get NiGHTs on my Wii.

Might I recommend Ristar? It's a brilliant game with great gameplay. The graphics are beautiful; well drawn, stylish, colourful and there are really nice special effects at certain points in levels. The music is also perfect. :)

You sure can but my wallet won't thank you. Is Ristar better than Sonic?

Of those I regret buying SuperStarSoldier and kind of R-Type considering I can only play the first 2 levels before game over.

I retract this statement now I blew through levels 1 and 2 on a single life. Level 3 kicked my ass though. Still got 2 continues though, should get to level 4. Great game, I want me some R Type III now.

I hope it's Saturn, but I think it's too hard to emulate. I'd kill to get NiGHTs on my Wii.

Agreed. Also Shining Force 3, Shining Holy Ark and the Panzer Dragoon games are a must.

You sure can but my wallet won't thank you. Is Ristar better than Sonic?

Yes, much better than Sonic 1. (Sonic 1 is worth having, but not a must-have unless you're a Platformer or Sonic fanatic.)

I think Saturn emulation is unlikly. The games came on CD, so single disc games had a max size of about 650 MB. That's more than the Wii's entire internal memory for downloads and stuff.

What do people think the next console will be for Wii's VC?

Sega Master System?

Sega Saturn?

3DO?

Definetely the Master System. Saturn games will be a miracle if we ever see them at all, and the 3DO isn't really worth emulating.

Alot of the Amiga's game would port perfectly onto the Wii. Cannon Fodder for example. The games are small, and Amiga games aren't hard to re-program.

A Wii keyboard would be good too.

Finally an annoucement I have been waiting for for ages...

We have great news for those of you who are still hung up on their TurboGrafx-16 games. Remember Hudson's Double Dungeons and Namco Bandai's Splatterhouse? Well guess what, they've just been added to the Turbografx-16 Virtual Console list!

Can't decide whether to get OOT or Super Mario World!:mad: OOT is OOT, but after getting Super Mario Bros. and loving it, I want to get SMW!

Get the latter, it brings back more memories (because it was made longer ago). OOT is good, but i won't waste my points on it. I have it on cube. I have to say, i agree with jordan, Ninty are releasing all good games now. Somewhere down the line they'll have to stop.

Well if you have never played Super Mario World, then you really do owe it to yourself to download it. It is the second best 2D platformer of all time (Yoshi's Island is the best... controversial I know...), worth every one of those 800 points.

Splatterhouse was pretty bad game, and Turbographx port had some odd changes, like Rick has now red mask instead of white one. But I must give Splatterhouse credit about how it is only game where wooden stick has more balls than meat cleaver.

Ahahaha! I'm one step ahead of the developers, that was added to my list the other day. :D

Well if you have never played Super Mario World, then you really do owe it to yourself to download it. It is the second best 2D platformer of all time (Yoshi's Island is the best... controversial I know...), worth every one of those 800 points.

TBH, I want my 800 points from SMW back...I'd rather spend 1000 points on Yoshi's Story (which was great).

Not long ago people were complaining that there werent enough godo games coming out and Ninty should release more than 3 per week. Now it's too fast? Theres no pleasing sometimes :D

The only VC game I actually want is Alttp.I couldn't really care about other games,I don't mind the pace or anything,I just want Alttp dammit >.<

did anyone download OOT? If so, how are the controls on the classic controller?

Thats actually a good question, it it the N64 ROM, or the GC ROM they use on the VC (GC Version you could use Y, X and Z for items)

edit: The N-Europe "review" doesn't mention this. Why?

Splatterhouse was pretty bad game, and Turbographx port had some odd changes, like Rick has now red mask instead of white one. But I must give Splatterhouse credit about how it is only game where wooden stick has more balls than meat cleaver.

Your from vc-reviews.com, aren't you? Just wondering...