N-Europe

Virtual Console - All you need to know

Tellyn

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But it will be easier on the thumbs doing hadoukens and shoryukens playing street fighter 2 turbo :D

..was doing a few of those the other night on some Street Fighter Anniversary thing or something on the PS2 and my thumb was pretty sore after it.. but then I've always had that problem with the Playstation pads.. and the analogue stick is hardly an accuarate alternative on the Dual Shock.............

Hello i've stumbled upon this neat little trick that basicly allows you to view the Wii shop through Firefox.

Follow these steps...

1. Open up firefox and install the 'User Agent Switcher' which can be found here: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/59/

3. Click Tools

4. Click User Agent Switcher

5. Click Options -> Options

6. Click User Agents

7. Click Add

8. Description: wii

9. User Agent: Opera/9.00 (Nintendo Wii; U; ; 1038-58; Wii Shop Channel/1.0; en)

10. Click OK X 2

11. Click Tools again

12. Select User Agent Switcher

13. Select wii

14. Copy and paste one of these links into firefox and visit it:

Main Channel:

http://oss.shop.wii.com/oss/common/vc/W_01.jsp?language=en®ion=USA&country=US

Surf the Manual!

http://209.67.106.203/en_US/html/manual/USA/startup.html

Sonic The Hedgehog Page:

http://oss.shop.wii.com/oss/common/vc/B_05.jsp?titleId=000100014D414845

Source: Here! and Here!

sonic_download.jpg

Good news.... some Penny Arcade forum posters have confirmed that you can play PC-Engine's Bomberman '93 with five players. You just need to have four cube controllers and one wiimote. :)

That's cool, does that suggest the possibility of some 8 player games on there in the future?

That's cool, does that suggest the possibility of some 8 player games on there in the future?

I'd say yes and no. someone correct me if I'm wrong but the Wii can only detect a certain amount of wiimotes at once.bluetooth is limited in how many devices it can connect to at once. so you could have 4 player if you had 4 cube controllers and 4 wiimotes/classic controller (depending on format)

Guest Stefkov
You can only connect seven bluetooth devices to single receiver. That's one reason why we won't see wireless nunchuk. :)

If i remember correctly the PS3 could once have 7 players? I remember this, as i thought it wierd, how could you have 7 players on one screen?

I dont know why i mentioned this.

I just remember the PS3 had 7 player option, but by the looks of it theyve gone back to four on the controllers.

I dont like this idea of connecting to the Wii shop channel online. Someone could hack into it and do stuff. Thus nintendo will probably make stuff a lot tighter or scrap the thing maybe. i dont want that to happen before we even get the Wii.

If i remember correctly the PS3 could once have 7 players? I remember this, as i thought it wierd, how could you have 7 players on one screen?

I dont know why i mentioned this.

I just remember the PS3 had 7 player option, but by the looks of it theyve gone back to four on the controllers.

They havn't scarped it on PS3, if you have more than four players connected the lights double up so player five would have 1 and 4 illuminated and so on...

Guest Stefkov
They havn't scarped it on PS3, if you have more than four players connected the lights double up so player five would have 1 and 4 illuminated and so on...

Oh no way. I thought witht he pictures is was only 4. But why 7? so uneven.

wouldnt you need 2 tvs for that aswell. And i think i answered my question, the PS3 has 2 tv outs doesnt it? i remember reading this the same time as reading 7 controllers.

Back onto the VC. Gunstar Heroes will cost me 800 points won't it? damn. I need that game, plus Donkey Kong and Zelda.

Oh no way. I thought witht he pictures is was only 4. But why 7? so uneven.

wouldnt you need 2 tvs for that aswell. And i think i answered my question, the PS3 has 2 tv outs doesnt it? i remember reading this the same time as reading 7 controllers.

Back onto the VC. Gunstar Heroes will cost me 800 points won't it? damn. I need that game, plus Donkey Kong and Zelda.

I think the two tv output has been scrapped, sure it says that in Edge, but it definitly still supports 8 players.

As for Gunstar Heroes yeah 800 points,. I want it to, Gunstar Heroes, Bomberman 93 and Zelda it is for me.

I need confirmation. Is it true that you got some Wii Points with the Classic Controller?

I don't think its been officially confirmed, people just guessing we may cos japan do, does anyone know if US do? maybe they get free wiipoints with classic controller and EU and US get Wii Sports free instead?!

Guest Stefkov
I need confirmation. Is it true that you got some Wii Points with the Classic Controller?

I'd like to know aswell. In N-gamer, it has the tiniest of little articles that the Japanese will get Points with the Classic Controller. It also has pics of 1000/3000/5000 points cards aswell. All we've seen are 2000 points, so that article is old. Unless ive missed something.

I'd like to know aswell. In N-gamer, it has the tiniest of little articles that the Japanese will get Points with the Classic Controller. It also has pics of 1000/3000/5000 points cards aswell. All we've seen are 2000 points, so that article is old. Unless ive missed something.

no you havn't missed anything, we can only buy 2000 points cards in Europe and US, different increments are only out in jp although you can buy different amounts on the wii shop

Guest Stefkov

WTF those words were not there when i posted that original image......even wierder.

If thats true, then i could definitely get Gunstar Heroes, Zelda and Donkey kong and have ..plenty of points left.