NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Stocka

Japan Retailers Predict Domiination

A rough translation of two questions asked to retailers by Enterbrain, publishers of Famitsu…

Which next generation console do you believe will sell the best after Christmas, due to the opinion that is formed during Christmas?

88 % - Wii

11 % - PS3

Which console/handheld do you believe will sell the best at Christmast?

60,7 % - Nintendo DS

32,8 % - Wii

3,3 % - PS2

1,6 % - PS3

1,6 % - Xbox 360

Erm...wow?

Great :D

I think Wii will rule in Japan, not so sure here. But I was pre-ordering my Wii up merry hill In GAME the other day and the list was long!

PS2 beats PS3? Wow. Not sure whether or not to believe it, but still...

It could have something to do with the low amount of PS3 stock.

PS2 is also much cheaper and still has plenty of games coming out for it. When the PS2 launched, the original PlayStation was still going strong and took ages to wind down.

Interesting results from the survey, of course we'll have to wait and see if Wii really does make a huge impact in Japan. :)

I thought of that too, but still, how can there still be that many people in Japan who have yet to own a PS2? It seems like anyone who would want one as a gift now would already have one... Or maybe I'm crazy. Scratch that, I'm definitely crazy, but I may be wrong.

If those predictions are correct (which does seem likely), then it'll be fantastic for Nintendo. It's about time they were back on top.

Japan Retailers Predict Domiination

Lol, I like what you did there. :grin:

I NOTICED THE DOMIINATION TOO M8 DO I WIN A PRIZE???

No, because you left your Caps Lock is on:p

Hm that doesn't make sense, that gap's way too big.

It makes perfectly sense. After all question was "Which console/handheld do you believe will sell the best at Christmas?" PS3 simply can't do this with very limited supply (100 000 units in launch).

It makes perfectly sense. After all question was "Which console/handheld do you believe will sell the best at Christmas?" PS3 simply can't do this with very limited supply (100 000 units in launch).

That does make sense :indeed:

Ok, these predictions are the truth.

Sign in to follow this