Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Graphics aren't important? Bullsh*t

Stocka

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No doubt, but i aint passing judgement just yet, Prime Hunters had "great controls" Supposedly, but they sucked.

They will probably be better then analogs, better then PC, well we'll have to see.

You've got to be kidding. Either that, or you'r playing the game with your fingertip or using ABXY to aim. Or perhaps you'r using a needle on the touchscreen.:shakehead

Let's agree to disagree.

I agree with your sentence there.

The only reason Prime: Hunters sucked a little was because of the god awful weapons. If you think about it; those same weapons would have been so much harder to aim with just dual analog. DS needs a proper FPS damnit. And a Street Fighter + Tekken Game too :(.

I honestly dont think it needs another FPS, we have only seen 2 no?

But yeah, we do need a beat em up.

The only reason Prime: Hunters sucked a little was because of the god awful weapons. If you think about it; those same weapons would have been so much harder to aim with just dual analog. DS needs a proper FPS damnit. And a Street Fighter + Tekken Game too :(.

A bag of cash from Nintendo (and they have loads of cash) and the next Soulcalibur is a Wii exclusive for a year!

The Wii-mote isn't a next generation controller. If it was, then by default most arcades are next-generation as well. The controller has nothing to do with being next-generation.

I never actually said the Wii-mote is a next-gen controller though. :wink:

But, whilst we're being picky like this, the only hard rule you can apply to next-gen is succession. So in fact, all of the new controllers are next-gen.

However, my point (that I think you somehow misinterpreted) still remains. The Xbox 360's controller is last-gen in design, it's functionality is practically identical to the original Xbox's controller - I see that lack of innovation as a much greater issue than graphics.

Where the hell is my OOT and Banjo Kazooie on the DS.

I would love to play OOT on the DS, everyone says nahhh

But i say, since they re-released it twice already, why not.

And a Super Metroid on the DS would be grand, it would be like metroid zero mission,

Graphical overhaul, plus, Castlevania style layout, and you have yourself a winner

However, my point (that I think you somehow misinterpreted) still remains. The Xbox 360's controller is last-gen in design, it's functionality is practically identical to the original Xbox's controller - I see that lack of innovation as a much greater issue than graphics.

I don't think Xbox 360 users really care that the controller isn't as innovative as Wii's. It's not meant to be.

It plays games, in a tried-and-tested old fashion that hasn't been wrong for the last two decades, but all of a sudden is "confusing" and out-dated, just because Nintendo says so.

I don't think there's anything wrong with normal controllers. And I don't know what Nintendo thinks is wrong with them as well. Too many buttons? Wii isn't exactly short of buttons either. Not to mention you have to add on other stuff to move around.

I'm a Xbox 360 user, and I care that it isn't as innovative! When I first saw the 360 controller I was bitterly disappointed that Microsoft hadn't done anything new with it. I've learnt to accept it of course, I've had to, but if the Wii-mote and nunchuk prove a better gaming solution (particularly for first and third-person shooters - which current controller convention is naff for) then the 360's controller will quickly begin to look awkwardly outdated more than complacently tried-and-tested.

EDIT: aren't Microsoft working on a new controller for the 360 though?

It plays games, in a tried-and-tested old fashion that hasn't been wrong for the last two decades, but all of a sudden is "confusing" and out-dated, just because Nintendo says so.

I don't think there's anything wrong with normal controllers. And I don't know what Nintendo thinks is wrong with them as well. Too many buttons? Wii isn't exactly short of buttons either. Not to mention you have to add on other stuff to move around.

To new players it is confusing with all the buttons. Like flying a jet airplane compared to driving an automatic car, not as many buttons to push or dials to read.

Outdated yes, no one has really bothered to try a new controller, just small improvements over the other.:horse:

i like the 360 controller apart from the batterypack can get alittle in the way... but the 360 has a comfertable grip and you can reach all the vuttons with ease... but that nintendo are trying to say... with our controller... you will feel even more actions... because you are doing actions that relate to what you have to do in the game. e.g. Wii Sports, you swing as you would IRL... therfor not scaring people away with pressing buttons to do stuff

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!