Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Started watching D.Gray man again. I didn't realise it was only 8 episodes I watched before I stopped. But i'm hooked on it just now and just watched episode 16.

Also when I get my new TV, since it can connect to my PC, i'm gonna watch the rest of Eureka Seven after all this time. I was waiting to watch it on a big screen so now it saves me waiting for the DVDs.

Guest Stefkov

The latest Naruto wasn't very exciting. I did like the drawings of the faces. But content wise there was nothing there.

Hour long special next time though, hopefully we get some good stuff.

err, fraid not, there's another filler arc but it's actually pretty decent.

When is it?...

ALSO:

Started watching Death Note. I've already the manga so it's not having as much impact, storywise, but it's fantastically done, and the soundtrack is superb... except for the OP and ED, they're horrible. :(

Hey hey ningen fucker!

No, not that one, the first one. That one's okay really... not terrible.

Ah, fuck it, it's an awesome series, I'm pretty much 99.9% sure, judging by the manga...

EDIT

ALSO:

I've finished watching Samurai Champloo. What to say? It's great, and there's no denying it, but I'm disappointed, I had such high expectations for it that it just about ruined it for me. Whilst I loved most of it, I was expecting more, really.

Awesome show, nonetheless.

EDIT 2:

Mushishi

2 episodes in and... Seriously, DO EEET!

ALSO:

I've finished watching Samurai Champloo. What to say? It's great, and there's no denying it, but I'm disappointed, I had such high expectations for it that it just about ruined it for me. Whilst I loved most of it, I was expecting more, really.

EDIT 2:

Mushishi

Expectations are for fags, a true Jedi keeps is mind on the present!

Mushishi is one of the most awesome anime out there. It's simply gorgeous and yet, so simple.

Mushishi is one of the most awesome anime out there. It's simply gorgeous and yet, so simple.

And yet you raise peoples' expectation by telling how awesome the anime is. Way to go.

By the way, has anybody seen SoulTaker?

Hey, I couldn't help but expecting much... After all the praise it got. And Cowboy Bebop is the awesomeness, so...

But hell, I had high expectations for Mushishi too and even though I'm only 2 (now 3) episodes in, I already love it way more than Champloo. =/

I dunno, I guess it's just me.

We watched season one of Elfen Lied the other day and its real good though there are some similarities between it and chobits. Its a nice violent gorefest with and good story. Pity only one series was made.

Started watching Moon Phase, cute vampire meats (no mistake there) boy kinda thing, it looks promising got 25 episodes to go though....

EDIT

ALSO:

I have to say that despite the odd awesome moment, I actually found Samurai Champloo a bit dull... it seemed distinctly average.

EDIT 2:

Mushishi

Yeah, Mushi-shi is great... it's so otherworldly and surreal, and manages to pull off standalone episodes without cheapening the thrust of the story.

We watched season one of Elfen Lied the other day and its real good though there are some similarities between it and chobits. Its a nice violent gorefest with and good story. Pity only one series was made.

I really enjoyed Elfen Lied, and I thought Nana was a great character. However, I think the length was just right - the story is already told by the end of a cours.

manga>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>anime

Is there any anime/manga combination that doesn't follow that rule? Because from all the opinions I see there's no anime that's better than the respective manga. They're always butchered, censored, "fillered" for milking purposes or toned down in some way or another.

Is there any anime/manga combination that doesn't follow that rule? Because from all the opinions I see there's no anime that's better than the respective manga. They're always butchered, censored, "fillered" for milking purposes or toned down in some way or another.

The Hikaru no Go anime is at least as good as the manga, and I'd say the Mai-HiME anime is way better.

Ah yes, but the case with Air Gear is that the manga is infinitely superior to the anime. Most cases, the anime is a good adaptation, even if it isn't as good as the manga. Air Gear got butchered when they turned it into an anime... And I have neither read or seen it, but Hellfire and the manliness that is Beardy Man have, and I trust their mighty opinions.

You know I haven't read the Death Note manga, so this opinion is completely subjective but I think I would enjoy the anime a lot more. Seems hard for a manga to make that kind of suspense and kickassery.

Oh, you'd be surprised!! It's no coincidence that it gets hailed as one of the best mangas ever made. :heh:

Guest Stefkov

I'm gonne ask for the next 3 volumes of the Death Note manga for christmas. It'll take it up to 6. Once I've got all of them I'll read them, Wikipedia tells me it only goes up to 12 volumes.

Main reason I posted was to ask if anyone had a website I can go to look info up, like how many volumes of manga there is to some anime, what DVDs are special edition (aimed at Shadow, where did you find out what Eureka Seven had the t-shirts and stuff)etc?

Can't keep trusting wikipedia, I'd like a confident, reliable website..=D

I don't know if I should say that the FLCL anime is better than the manga (seen and read both), but each have their own advantages. The anime is comprehensible, the manga is awesome. So it's up to you, do you want to understand what you experience or be shiver in awe?

The Hikaru no Go anime is at least as good as the manga, and I'd say the Mai-HiME anime is way better.

Well the latter depends on your taste towards borderline h material, since the Mai HiME manga basically has tentacles doing all sorts of things I wasn't expecting. I prefer the Hikaru no Go anime to the manga. In fact the only time I can think that I prefer the manga to the anime is with NHK, air gear and maybe GTO for its better ending. Otherwise I'm a big anime>manga fan.

Manga is usually much more explicit though, which is nice. Naruto is a very good example, such as the sound ninja getting his arm blown off in the manga, where it just gets disabled in the anime.

I don't know if I should say that the FLCL anime is better than the manga (seen and read both), but each have their own advantages. The anime is comprehensible, the manga is awesome. So it's up to you, do you want to understand what you experience or be shiver in awe?

They're completly different though, it's not really a fair comparison.

I read the Naruto/Bleach manga after watching the anime and I can't say it's better than the anime. Of course that for people who read/watch it every week, watching the anime, which has loads of fillers and is behind in story wise it seems weak, but if you don't do that, you don't notice a lot of difference.

Now take Love Hina, for example, they change the story, theu cut things, it's like a totally different thing. Kare Kanno, is like 1/10th of the story and doesn't even scratch the surface. The manga is one of the best I've ever read, it's touching and it's a life lesson, but the anime is... nothing.

Berserk on the other hand is an awesome adaptation, even though it isn't as hardcore and just tells the first part of the story.

Still haven't watched Death Note, but it seems worthy of the manga.

EDIT: GTO manga is much bigger than the anime, but the anime would have like 150 eps to follow the entire manga, so I think they did a marvelous job with the anime. And although one should read the manga, because the story evolves much more, the anime is marvelous and has a great ending too. And it's funnier.

You know I haven't read the Death Note manga, so this opinion is completely subjective but I think I would enjoy the anime a lot more. Seems hard for a manga to make that kind of suspense and kickassery.

On the other hand with the manga you can take your time to understand everything. It really does suspense very well.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!