NEurope
RichieRich

Wii Channels Discussion

Hi

Don't know if you have seen the updated http://www.wii.com site, but there is loads of new info including the user interface, Wii Channels. Im never going to use my pc or teletext again. The web features look excellent, and there is even a messaging function coming soon. I also loved the weather channel!

Update, Mii Channel OH MY GOD THIS IS GOING TO BE SOO COOL!!!

Take a look ASAP!!

Rich

Well, as no-one is talking about this in the forum, and nothing has been mentioned on the main site, then excuse me for posting!!

I really hate these forum moderators, what a jerk.

I had checked the site for an update about news and found nothing. This whole load of information hasn't even been given a mention, for once the best source of exclusive wii info has been from the last website I would expect it on, nintendo itself!

Well, as no-one is talking about this in the forum, and nothing has been mentioned on the main site, then excuse me for posting!!

I really hate these forum moderators, what a jerk.

I had checked the site for an update about news and found nothing. This whole load of information hasn't even been given a mention, for once the best source of exclusive wii info has been from the last website I would expect it on, nintendo itself!

The moderators haven't even said anything in this topic until this post. So why are we jerks?

And I doubt you're never going to use your PC again just because you can see the weather on your Wii.

Hi

I also loved the weather channel!

WOW! Im going to get a Wii just so I can check the weather. And I can put my 10 yo PC away so I can now do so-basic photo editing on the Wii.

I hadn't seen it, so good job. Except it probably wasn't that hard to find. But it saves me some trouble, so you get a gold star for the day.

Sorry man didnt mean to upset you just thought you were linking me to an uber new movie or something.

The moderators haven't even said anything in this topic until this post. So why are we jerks?

can i answer that for him:D

Apologies Moria, I assumed by his tag that this DemonMike04 was one.

My general beef is that, as with most forums, if you say something which is old news or completely obvious to someone else, some nerd who lives eats and breaths the forum has to post a put down posting.

Im really excited about the Wii info on Wii.com, and I still cant understand why people are not talking about the features listed on the site, and WHY is this information not on the main site.

Im a casual vistor to n-europe, and use it as my main source of Nintendo info. As N-Europe seem to do a news article everytime Miyamoto scratches his arse, I expected HUGE news like this to be on the main site, otherwise I would not have know about these features until I visted a site that did list it.

And I doubt you're never going to use your PC again just because you can see the weather on your Wii.

Another Moderator / Forum Nerd stupid post. Would you believe anything I say? Im just excited, give me a break. jeez

Of course Im still going to use my pc, but a LOT less. I usally only check a few web sites such as the news and weather and n-europe for updates during an evening. Now I wont need to wait ages for my PC to boot up, and it will be much more convenient as my TV is in the lounge whilst the PC is upstairs.

(Now I wait for someone to say "why dont you move your pc downstairs")

Just so you know, I wasn't trying to put you down.

I was serious. You get a gold star.

shaped%20gold%20star%20pin%20sm.jpg

It did save me some trouble, as I did not know about this. So now, we discuss, instead of bickering.

Why on Earth do we have to download Opera? It seems like total crap to me.

Why don't you move your PC downstairs?

WOW! Im going to get a Wii just so I can check the weather. And I can put my 10 yo PC away so I can now do so-basic photo editing on the Wii.

Hmm, another comedian.

Personally I think it is a good feature that will appeal to me. I guess you would only be impressed by a PS3 3D-HD weather report that beamed news into your tiny mind.

Features like this appeal to me, and other "touch generation" aged users, dont be so quick to rubbish what other people think.

The wii channel would be good if you could overlay it ontop of normal tv. But you can't so suckky.

The video's on the site show menu navigation and it looks pretty slick, though some of the smaller icons could be difficult to select if you are a bit shakey.

Isn't the Opera Browser on the internal flash memory? I guess you have to download it as there could be region specific settings or a regualr updated version of the software, which might cause problems if you have to download and re-flash your Wii's Rom to install it.

It says you have to use Wii points in the store to download it. You get points from a credit card or a special card bought in a store. That mean you have to pay for Opera.=major suckage.

Edit: found a quote.

Wii shop channel: Here the users may buy Wii Points with a credit card or redeem a Wii Points Card purchased at retail to add points to their account, then redeem points to download these Virtual Console games. Users also can use points to download the Opera browser used in the Internet Channel.

It says you have to use Wii points in the store to download it. You get points from a credit card or a special card bought in a store. That mean you have to pay for Opera.=major suckage.

Edit: found a quote.

Well, if you look at the thread I made earlier, it looks like only people in the US have to pay for Opera (but hey : they get the Wii earlier and cheaper). I'm a bit sad that it didn't get more replies. Nobody apparently thought it was a good find...:cry:

I'll be in that corner ... no, I'm not crying ... no really ...

:D:D

P.S. : Kaeporagaebora, have the release date & price been revealed for the moon, or did you decide to import? I'd hate to pay for shipping though ! :D

That is really odd however it would seem that it will be on Euro-Wii's

Maybe it is something to do with licensing, Microsoft got into trouble with providing a built in browser in XP!!! But that got them into more trouble in Europe than the states he he!!

Personally I think it is a good feature that will appeal to me. I guess you would only be impressed by a PS3 3D-HD weather report that beamed news into your tiny mind.

I wouldn't mind that. High definition weather reports would be awesome. No jokes.

I wouldn't mind that. High definition weather reports would be awesome. No jokes.
Ohhh, I'd surely pay full price for a PS3 on launch for that.

Whoops, I just made a ironic joke :hmm:

Kaeporagaebora, have the release date & price been revealed for the moon, or did you decide to import? I'd hate to pay for shipping though ! :D

It releases tomorrow for the price of two dirt lumps. Yes, dirt lumps are the currency on the moon. We're just that cool.:cool:

But the shipping we have to pay for imports is pretentious. It's 15 Blagthars, the equivalent of 1 1/2 Suri Cruise poop statues.

The wii channel would be good if you could overlay it ontop of normal tv. But you can't so suckky.

How would picture-in-picture work with the Wii do you think? Anyone want to try it out with the GameCube? :heh:

That is really odd however it would seem that it will be on Euro-Wii's

Maybe it is something to do with licensing, Microsoft got into trouble with providing a built in browser in XP!!! But that got them into more trouble in Europe than the states he he!!

No one really knows whether we'll have to pay for it or not, it doesn't say so on the European site (I'm actually surprised the European site says anything at this time actually).

Basically, Microsoft got into trouble with the EU for being to big and powerful, apparently you're not allowed to be successful anymore.

Been showing a few ppl the interface videos recently and one of my friends pointed out something very particular in the photo channel.

"Post" appears in the bottom left corner when a particular photo is selected. This could mean that they may be able to be sent on the SMS service that Nintendo have mentioned or that they could go up on some kind of notice board or personal profile pin-up board (typing this, I'm suddenly seeing images of non-family viewing content :eek:).

Actually, It was Windows Media Player problem that causes the problem - hence why Microsoft sell EU-specific "N" versions of XP (the same thing but with no media player - same price, too).

It would be annoying if you had to pay for opera..but as it can be downloaded....is FireFox a possibility? (If Mozilla, or someone else, makes it)

just putting my view in. I think this internet stratgey of Nintendo's is very good. They are marketing the console as one for all the family, for example look at the promo vids that show people of all ages playing both single player games and multiplayer games. no assume that for such event to take place the wii would be placed in a room such as the lounge or other communal rooms.

this fits nicely with getting the internet into every lounge in the world (ok OTT abit) but its something people have been trying to hack for ages. Internet in the launch has been championed in many set top boxes, digital boxes etc... but never really kicked off. and the best part its wireless no cables running from you PC to your lounge.