NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Caris

So who is actually getting a Wii?

We have all been chatting about the press event but who is gonna get a Wii on launch/Christmas (providing its not March).

State your reason and why, for me its a Yes, on launch with Excite Truck, Zelda, and Red steal, if it was delayed i would import.

On launch day with Zelda 100%

It's likely i'll get ExciteTruck and Red Steel either at launch or Xmas too.

Launch day, including Twilight Princess and an extra controller. I'll probably throw in Red Steel and one other game in there too. Depending on reviews that'll be either Far Cry, Excite Truck or Splinter Cell.

Got to be a launch day buy for me, pre order as soon as we her soemthing at work, and Zelda, Red steel, wario ware and maybe another game or two, not sure yet.

UK or USA Wii, depending on dates!

I need to extra Wii-Motes and Nun-chucks.

Red Steel, Zelda, Excitetruck, Wario-Ware from Japan (as supposadely Nintendo games are region free), Tony Hawks, Wii-Sports.

I've saved £600, so any game which tickles my fancy i may consider buying! :yay:

Definitely launch day. :) I'm waiting for the official EU release announcement before deciding whether to import a US Wii or not.

Definitely getting Zelda, and Wii Sports was one of the games I wanted. :yay: I'm getting an extra Wiimote/nunchuck as well.

Not sure whether to get a third game (maybe ExciteTruck or Monkey Ball) or just buy two classic controllers for the VC.

My budget is £300 and I'm going to try and stick to it!

I will purchase a Wii console within the first week along with an additional WiiMote and Nunchuck Attachment, and a classic controller as well. I ain't buying any VC games though until they release the real gems not released in PAL regions such as Earthbound, Sin & Punishment, Chrono Trigger and Super Mario RPG - The Legend Of The Seven Stars just to name a few.

Assuming the US launch line up is the same, In terms of games, I will be purchasing the following [ definite purchases are bolded and pending purchases are italicised]:

First-party US WII Titles

- Excite Truck

- The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess <-- I know for sure i'm gonna be disappointed with the review scores of this game but i'm still getting it guaranteed.

- Wii Sports (bundled with the Wii console)

THIRD-PARTY US WII TITLES

- Call of Duty 3

- Marvel: Ultimate Alliance

- Rapala Tournament Fishing

- Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam]<-- PROVIDING this game scores at least 8/10 in reviews.

- World Series of Poker

- Trauma Center: Second Opinion]<-- PROVIDING this game scores at least 8/10 in reviews.

- Madden NFL 07

- Need for Speed: Carbon

- Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz

- Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII

- Far Cry: Vengeance

- GT Pro Series <-- PROVIDING this game scores at least 8/10 in reviews.

- Monster 4x4: World Circuit

- Open Season

- Rayman Raving Rabbids

- Red Steel <-- PROVIDING this game scores at least 8/10 in reviews but i've bolded it because I know at the end of the day, even if it gets 7/10, ill most likely purchase it as I am a big FPS fan.

-Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Double Agent

I have sufficient funds put aside for purchasing Wii and its games at launch so I could buy as many as eight games subject to how they go with review scores.

I'll wait for the UK release and get Zelda, Far Cry, Splinter Cell, Call of Duty if that's a release title? Erm...Wii sports if it isn't bundled and Red Steel.

getting it when it hits europe.. whenever that is.. zelda for me.. going to wait for the reviews for the others... but probably excite truck and red steel..

Have been putting away a shitload of money for that day

if i import ill only get Zelda and Redsteal and later on for the australian launch ill get Marvel ultimate alliance, excite truck and maybe farcry and call of duty 3.

what about war hammer is it still a launch title?

yes on day one, if we get a 2007 release i will get an american import if its before christmas then i'll wait.

i'm getting the beautiful console, wii sports if its not packed in, an extra Wiimote and nunchuck, ZELDA!!!, monkey ball, excite truck, trauma center, maybe red steel or rayman as well.

that means like 450-500 qui, about what i spent on my 360 in the 2 weeks after i got it.

Wii on launch for me with two games, which will either be redsteel or ExciteTruck, depending on reviews!

Zelda - 100%

Red Steel - 60%

ExiteTruck - 40%

Although if in around 2 hours time if i find out that March 07 is the euro release date then, im seriously going to think about importing. the only offput that i have is the power converter i have to buy, i dont want and ugly extra, that i dont know much about which could buggar my Wii up.

Defo going to have to think about importing. Any chance we get the Wii before America??

________

Cheap airsoft tactical

Edited by fex

Yeah launch day for me, perhaps at midnight like i did with the GC... I will prob go with about 4 or 5 games and get extras like there is no tomorrow. :D

Defo going to have to think about importing. Any chance we get the Wii before America??

nope. reggie said it debuts in america like DS and they have the largest share of consoles too.

Great minds think alike.

These are my choices too. Depending on how much cash (stranger...) I have I'll probably be getting my Rayman-on too.

I've had a funny thought, I might import a Wiimote and a nunchuck from US. Just so the controller can be in my hand... i know it's sad.

Does anyone like me want another colour apart from black or white?

Does anyone like me want another colour apart from black or white?

GIVE ME LIME GREEN NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!

Yep, I'll be getting one on launch, 3 controllers and some decent multiplayer games like Monkey Ball.

Yep, I'll be getting one on launch, 3 controllers and some decent multiplayer games like Monkey Ball.

you must be made of money considering the controllers will cost 40 quid + each and the games will be 40 too.

maybe i'm just tight cos of the student thing and my lil bank balance blowout on account of the 360.

The plan is to pick one up on launch day , preferably with Zelda , Excite Truck and Madden.

The only downside/problem with this plan is that all my efforts to save have been thwarted by household bills and proverty beckons. I may need to blag another credit card , if not a few nights on the local streets may be needed.

I'm worried about europe getting it this year, 4 million and america get the biggest share. So does that mean America gets 2m, Japan gets 1m and europe 1m? is that enough for japan and europe??

Come to think of it, with them saying America gets the biggest share it actually might be like a bit of confirmation that europe will get Wii in 2006. Let me explain:

Lets say europe has to wait till 2007, Nintendo have stated more will go to America.... so if it were just Japan and USA that would mean probably 3 million to USA and 1 million to Japan... that just seems wrong to me and something they wouldn't do.... they wouldn't, would they?? AAARRRGGGGHHHHHH HELP!!!!

Calm down, mate. :P

Just wait a couple of hours and we'll get the full picture. :) Until then, play some DS?

Sign in to follow this