Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Sword of Legendia

Tellyn

Developed by Namco-Bandai, this game recently appeared on the Japanese release schedule for TBA 2007.

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/732/732678p1.html

Once uppon a time there was this PS2 game done by Team Destiny named Tales of Legendia, that sold like crap in US...

Hey wait... Sword of Legendia? :woops:

Anyway... All I want is Sword of the Abyss, or something (Tales of the Abyss is ToS "unoficial" sequel)

So this is a Tales game being brought to us? Couldnt the battle system work well as a hack and slashathon with the Wii remote...? Or are you still skeptical pedro??
Dunno, it could have nothing to do with (Tales of) Legendia, Namco didn't elaborate on this.

The battle system of a Tales game could work well with the wiimote, since you control the main character in the battles, it's probably easy to implement on a game with a sidescroller 2D action (legendia is a 3D sidescroller with 2D action) than on a Game like ToSymphonia or TotAbyss who have real 3D action.

This is just a educated guess though.

• 1 year later...

1UP: Tell us about Tales Studio. How many different teams do you have working on individual Tales projects? What outside developers do you work with, and does Namco make any of the Tales games in-house?

YH: Basically [there are three teams at Tales Studio]. [As for outside developers, besides us there] is Alfa System, who made Radiant Mythology. And currently, no [Tales games] are being developed in-house. Legendia was developed in-house at the time. Also, Tales of Fandom 2, though I don't think that's coming out in the U.S.

1UP: Any plans for a North American release for Tales of Innocence?

TG: Not at this time.

1UP: Back when the Wii was first announced, Namco announced a game called "Swords of Legendia". Is this game still in development? What can you tell us about it, and when will we be seeing more of it?

TG: I'm in charge of that. We're working on it now, development is proceeding. That isn't a Tales game, though.

www.1up.com

It is the classic saying that 3rd games dont well on nintendo consoles and when the games dont sell its the "I told you so that nintendos fans only buy nintendo games".
They're part of the problem, and they must be part of the solution. Really seems like they don't want to, though; which is a shame.

Without them Wii will be a good console, worth for a few games and all that, but never achieve what it could have been; just like they'll never achieve the sales they could if they hadn't bias towards it.

Not to say they're the only culprits, but can we blame customers from expecting crap from third party's on the Wii now? So, even if developers are a "part" of the problem, the other "parts" of it were mostly created by them just the same. Start showing effort, and putting system sellers on the system and that could change of course... but they have to do it as soon as possible and prominently, not test waters indefinitely; we're not their guinea pigs of the shortest stick.

And I was just checking up on this the other day to see if it had been cancelled. I thought namco had a good relationship with nintendo in the cube days. It seems in the wii era they are the only ones who went sour. While everyone else sweetened up.

And I was just checking up on this the other day to see if it had been cancelled. I thought namco had a good relationship with nintendo in the cube days. It seems in the wii era they are the only ones who went sour. While everyone else sweetened up.
No moneyhats no good games for you! Don't think you deserve them just because you're leading! We'll get you... erm... We Cheer!

Some game companies used the wii as easy cash machine for 360/PS3 HD gaming.

Other developers want to used the high tech specs that they can get to show of the games in full and ideas that dont think it will work using the Wii.

Some game companies used the wii as easy cash machine for 360/PS3 HD gaming.

Other developers want to used the high tech specs that they can get to show of the games in full and ideas that dont think it will work using the Wii.

In both instances, they're being lazy.

If they don't even try to push the console, of course it'll never touch such boundaries and it's the one who needs the most to do that, and still, most next gen experiences could be recreated to some extent in it, and in some cases completely; thing is... that would give work, work that they don't have.

Giving it bad support is also a attempt to shovel it away while making some money, IMO. And... once we know it's going nowhere... they ought to deliver, instead of getting more and more excuses.