NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Domstercool

Official X05 Thread!

Project Gotham 3 looks f**king amazing, that's photo realism right there.

Dirt get's on your car and everything!

PD0 looks fab. Not interested in the other two. I hope they announced the prices of games in UK + announce some RPGs :hehe:

I wish they would tell us the launch titles, it seems we aren't going to hear anything at X05 about what titles are going to be launch titles are we???

X05 is really the only 'right' time to do it, surely?

:wtf:

We'll find out later tonight. Apparently theres a conferance/party thing going on later.

Hmm it seems that it will become all three systems this time around, but to say it i'm much more interested in x360 than I ever was in XBOX, and it even wins it from PS3(will still have to buy that one as long as square enix games (the most) are comming to it)

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/655/655693p1.html

October 4, 2005 - Amsterdam, Netherlands: Microsoft planted it flag in the next-generation landscape today by making several announcements, showing visually superior games over its E3 showing, and garnering critical support for its upcoming Xbox 360 launch in November 2005.

Showing footage of BioWare's new futuristic RPG, Mass Effect, Silicon Knights' Too Human, Realtime Worlds' Crackdown, Ubisoft's Splinter Cell 4, and revealing the id Software announcement that the next generation Wolfenstein will first appear on Xbox 360, Microsoft pulled no punches. Perhaps the biggest and most surprising endorsement came from Peter Jackson, who will serve as executive producer for the upcoming Halo movie.

Several other breakthroughs were made at the packed venue, including Microsoft's announcement of Alone in the Dark for 360, Superman Returns' 2006 release date on X360, and THQ's upcoming MotoGP 2006.

Microsoft revealed that more than 200 games are currently in development for Xbox 360, and stated rather boldly that this is the best launch lineup in the history of consoles.

We'll expand this new report in the next few hours.

Hmm, I've looked at PD0 shots again, and they're not really that good. They don't exactly look a gen ahead of Halo 2.

unless tomorrow blows my socks off i can't help but feel thoroughly underwhelmed by this showing of the 360. i've decided i'm going to wait for the reviews of kameo and pd0 now before i decide wether or not to buy the console, because unless rare are on top form then there's no point in me waiting around for banjo threeie. ff, tr and sonic will all be on ps3 too, so i won't be missing out on much.

looks like X05 has pretty much flopped if nothing happens tommorow. Nothing on backwards compatibility,game prices, or launch games. Some nice looking games have been shown, but nothing jaw dropping or important.

looks like X05 has pretty much flopped if nothing happens tommorow. Nothing on backwards compatibility,game prices, or launch games. Some nice looking games have been shown, but nothing jaw dropping or important.

I'm still MAJORLY excited about Xbox360 but this XO5 has been a total let-down so far. It's now finished for today hasn't it?

Perhaps Microsoft will unveil the launch details tomorrow as like a end to the game show? and also perhaps it doesn't make sense to unveil launch details the second day of the show?

God i hope so..... :grin:

I'm excited for Kameo, but not majorly, i'm sure i will be when its closer to the time but right now my anticipation for Mario Kart Online beats everything else.

OK, well now it seems that the launch-line up will be fully finalized in the next few weeks because most of the games are going through the certification process so they cannot fully confirm if they are launch titles!, Supposadly if they do not go through it by the middle-end of October they WILL NOT be launch titles!

HOWEVER some FANTASTIC news,

'In an effort to clear up the confusion, GameSpot asked David Reid, director of platform marketing for Xbox, what the exact 360 launch lineup is. He said that "there will be 15 to 20 Xbox 360 titles available on launch day" with around another half-dozen making it to market by the end of the year. For the moment, though, he would only confirm eight titles as being available the same day and date as the 360: Project Gotham Racing 3, Kameo, Perfect Dark Zero, Madden NFL 06, NBA Live 06, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 06, Need for Speed Most Wanted, and FIFA 06: Road to FIFA World Cup'

That means Perfect Dark Zero, Kameo and Project Gotham Racing 3 should all be released December 2nd! Thats without all the other fantastic titles still ready to be confirmed for launch (surely there launch titles?): Dead Or Alive 4, Condemned, Quake 4, Call Of Duty 2, Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion, Ghost Recon 3!

This is by far one of the best launch line-ups ever! :hehe:

aslong as I have PDZ on december 2 I'll be more than happy, the new clips from X05 have put my mind at ease as this game is now looking fantastic, even IGN seem to like it now. X05 does seem a bit of a waste though so far, hopefully today we should get some direct feed movie trailers of the main launch games and not just stuff filmed off a gigantic screen. Shame there's been no new info regarding the consoles features such as backwards cap.

aslong as I have PDZ on december 2 I'll be more than happy, the new clips from X05 have put my mind at ease as this game is now looking fantastic, even IGN seem to like it now. X05 does seem a bit of a waste though so far, hopefully today we should get some direct feed movie trailers of the main launch games and not just stuff filmed off a gigantic screen. Shame there's been no new info regarding the consoles features such as backwards cap.

Hopefully it'll pull a Halo: that was pretty much pooh-poohed by the press before its launch.

Annoyingly, the recent EDGE articles on Kameo and PDZ, not to mention Bethesda's 20-minute Oblivion trailer, means that I now have to buy a 360.

Duh Schpick. Then again, they are guarenteed sellers.

I'd prefer if MS waited till Dec next year and gave us Halo 3 for launch. But thats me.

Duh Schpick. Then again, they are guarenteed sellers.

I'd prefer if MS waited till Dec next year and gave us Halo 3 for launch. But thats me.

Yeah, this generation shouldn't be over so soon. The Xbox should still have another year in at a least. I'm fine with the PS3 coming out next year though, the PS2's been going on for ages now.

Sign in to follow this