blender

Showtime! (Apple again)

photo_s1_ov.jpg

Img245209553.jpg

wii-chips.jpg+ hollywood-sign2.jpg= _41855580_wii203.jpg

The evidence

1) Apple Conference 12th September - "Its showtime"

2) Nintendo Conference 14th,15th - "Untitled - key details to be revealed"

3) Nintendo recently announced an MP3 player for their handhelds for no apparent reason.

4) Microsoft have put pressure on Apple with the new Zune.

5) Nokia have also pressured Apple with their purchase of Loudeye.

6) Rumours of this partnership have been brewing a long time.

7) Apple confernce has a showbusiness title "It's Showtime" while the Wii chips are "Hollywood" (CPU) and "Broadway"(GPU) (woah the cryptic connections typical of Apple !!)

The conclusion

1) The wii has itunes support

2) A new ipod compatible with virtual console games.

3) The nintendo MP3 player will feature itune support and branding.

or Apple's going to take over Nintendo ..... MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'll be queuing at Apple store on oxford street on the 16th of September

This is absolutely true because it has been posted on a message board (but my name is not Matt)

What's this about a nintendo mp3 player?

1. Maybe but I doubt it

2. How? I don't wanna play mario with a scroll wheel

3. Er.... no

2. How? I don't wanna play mario with a scroll wheel

If this were true, it'd probably would be a special edition where the scroll wheel is in fact a good old oversized D pad, very nostalgic.

photo_s1_ov.jpg

Img245209553.jpg

The evidence

Apple Conference 12th September - "Its showtime"

Nintendo Conference 14th,15th - "Untitled - key details to be revealed"

Nintendo recently announced an MP3 player for their handhelds for no apparent reason.

Microsoft have put pressure on Apple with the new Zune.

Rumours of this partnership have been brewing a long time.

The conclusion

1) The wii has itunes support

2) A new ipod compatible with virtual console games.

3) The nintendo MP3 player will feature itune support and branding.

or Apple's going to take over Nintendo ..... MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This is absolutely true because it has been posted on a message board (but my name is not Matt)

This could be true to an extent, especially with the virtual console support, It was quoted somewhere that Nintendo were considering pre paid cards to buy VC games, and Apple offer these cards with buying MP3s, videos etc, could offer a new category with VC Wii games...

Nintendo were considering pre paid cards to buy VC games, and Apple offer these cards with buying MP3s, videos etc, could offer a new category with VC Wii games...

I read critism of sonys online strategy of leaving it for the developers to create their own online features. One of the problems here was a coherent way to handle micropayments accross different games. Indeed the existing itunes ecommerce would offer this with proven technology. I think nintendo have a lot to gain from apple and vice verca.

i think its a pile of dogs bollocks tbh, Nintendo do games, they dont give a damn about much else except toys and the odd oddity.

Sounds plausible.

Makes for a great conspiracy theory.

Sept 12, 14, 15 Wii will know everything.

lol!

:p

NO

the it's showtime thing has nothing to do with nintendo talking to my dad knows an much about apple as i do nintendo i found out that apple is planing on doing an i-tunes type thing for dvd movies. could a mod please lock this now

I actually would love to see this happening. With Apple backing Nintendo up this could mean they get two/three times bigger company excelling in design and coolness. Apple could really help out in marketing and branding. Both companies are owning or starting to own their market, and together they could get HUGE.

we got a poster at work for our staff room... all it said was get ready for a new product from Apple, it will be announced on the 12th.

the new mac book pro, the i phone, a wide screen video i-pod and the movie store i mentioned erlier.

would a mod please lock this!

the new mac book pro, the i phone, a wide screen video i-pod and the movie store i mentioned erlier.

no offense but why would they lock it just going by what you say?

Give proof and i'm sure it will get locked in no time.

It's not like the phrase "it's showtime" is patented by Nintendo or something. And the phrase is a perfect teaser for something like Emasher said : itunes for DVDs.

I know : maybe you get a free copy of Jim Carrey's movie "The Mask" with the Wii, as it also featured that phrase !:rolleyes:

That MP3 player that the OP was talking about has been out for ages ,but only in japan (and possibly the US) known as the play-yan . the recent announcement was basically saying that they will release over her( ie europe).

I highly doubt that Apple will have anything to do with Nintendo.

In fact, if they were to support any games console it would probably be the Playstation 3. This is because of their support for the Blu-Ray format.

could a mod please lock this now

Hello Mr.Rent-A-Mod.....

Also saying because your dad said so isn´t very reliable unless you can prove that he is one of the higher-ups in Apple....

Yeah, I'm hoping all that stuff will come out to on Tuesday :heh:

I'm not going to lock this, we dont have much else to talk about.

iTunes Movie store and new iPod is coming out on Tuesday, nothing to do with Nintendo... at all.