NEurope
jayseven

Universitay!

I know someone whose mum teaches accounting at DeMontfort? No?

Which part of demontfort are you at?

Queen's University Belfast for Irish & French. Anyone else here going to Queen's?

i live literally five minute walk up the road from there!! bit of wireless nintendo...? g'wan!! :D

I went to Newcastle and Nottingham. Newcastle was great Nottingham was awful. It's all about the people around you and the friends you make.

I know someone whose mum teaches accounting at DeMontfort? No?

Which part of demontfort are you at?

Leicester.

WOOOOOO! for Manchester, and that no one seems to be going there . . . very odd.

Leicester.

Thats the one!

She's fat, and very loud. Keep an eye out.

Leicester.

I went there to visit a friend at uni. good times. we ended up at this indie club with free NUS entry and cheep as chips drinks.

quality night :)

I never went Uni... i needed money so i got a job. I wish i had gone tho for the experience, didnt wanna learn anything new just wanted to get wasted every night, have random sex and eat pot noodles everyday.

Conzer, you'll love UCD. There are so many people studying there, it's like a little town.

I know, I've been there for the last 2 years! ;)

I never went Uni... i needed money so got a job. I wish i had gone tho for the experience, didnt wanna learn anything new just wanted to get wasted every night, have random sex and eat pot noodles everyday.

sounds like working for northern ireland railways!

I know, I've been there for the last 2 years! ;)

Sorry man, whatever way I read your post I thought this was your first year! Don't mind me :bouncy:

I never went Uni... i needed money so i got a job. I wish i had gone tho for the experience, didnt wanna learn anything new just wanted to get wasted every night, have random sex and eat pot noodles everyday.

Im at the wrong university

i'm at manchester takeo, what halls u stayin at? any questions just ask, its a great uni =)

wooooo!

i'm going to be in Lambert Hall. never saw them, the only thing i know is that its pretty close to canal st and there better be an ethernet port in my room or else i will scream!

just signed the accomadation contract, gave them some money, and now i'm waiting to complete Student and Financial Registration on the website, once they get it back up and running sometime next week :S

what course are you doing? what year are you just going into?

Pretty much all the halls have internet connections though may take a couple of days to get it running (did for me anyways) and you need some sort of special cable to hook it up. Dont know much about your halls but if there in the city they must be nice, there are loads of bars etc around canal street, if your into indy your not far from 5th ave which is decent. Canal street is all gay bars if you didnt already know.. There a free bus going to the uni round that area aswell.

Pretty much all the halls have internet connections though may take a couple of days to get it running (did for me anyways) and you need some sort of special cable to hook it up. Dont know much about your halls but if there in the city they must be nice, there are loads of bars etc around canal street, if your into indy your not far from 5th ave which is decent. Canal street is all gay bars if you didnt already know.. There a free bus going to the uni round that area aswell.

erm, yeah i did, i mean after watching queer as folk uk and going out there a couple times i loves it. though im not gunna be there all the time to become a scene queen thats just part of the furniture.

a special cable?? weird, i thought it'd just plug into my ethernet port on my 360 or laptop :S

in my first week i'll be carpet bombing everywhere i can think of with my CVs and then at night be going out to get a feel for come of the clubs and that. should be good. :D

for the record, you'll most likely need an Ethernet and a simple Lan config on your browser and you'll be good to go.

for the record, you'll most likely need an Ethernet and a simple Lan config on your browser and you'll be good to go.

i have too many ethernet cables here. i'm pretty sure that we cant use WLAN at all, which is lame, or else i'd bring my router.

shouldnt the laptop auto detect the settings and stuff when i first conect it or will i have to get a page of info from the uni and input it into the settings etc?

i have too many ethernet cables here. i'm pretty sure that we cant use WLAN at all, which is lame, or else i'd bring my router.

shouldnt the laptop auto detect the settings and stuff when i first conect it or will i have to get a page of info from the uni and input it into the settings etc?

I got a booklet telling me how to do it all when i moved in.

course, this was my halls. yours might be different. probably the same kind of stuff though.

Someone mentioned theres two weeks before uni starts. I need to sort out if im going by buses or trains, and also get my arse in gear with the decorating.

Just thinking about finances. Incomings;

£70 a week incoming (based on 13 hour contact, £5.35 an hour when the min. wage goes up)

£30 rent (gas, food, electric included)

£13 a week travel (on average)

So that leaves me with £27 a week for everything else. Think I can get by...? (I know people are worse off, but just thinking out loud)