NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Charlie

Top 100 Albums of all Time

Woah, that's a whole lot of shit. But then, the British have always had bad taste. How else do you explain Robbie Williams, Oasis and Fish and Chips eh?

How the fuck did green day make the top 50?

What a suprise, it's 95% wank.
Woah, that's a whole lot of shit. But then, the British have always had bad taste. How else do you explain Robbie Williams, Oasis and Fish and Chips eh?

"Popular" music has just generally sucked. Seriously I'd rather be into rap and hip hop than the crap they play on top of the pops (I'm so glad it's finished).

How the fuck did green day make the top 50?

More importantly, how did Maiden not?

"Popular" music has just generally sucked. Seriously I'd rather be into rap and hip hop than the crap they play on top of the pops (I'm so glad it's finished).

If top of the pops and rap was all there was, I wouldn't be listening to modern music at all.

Erm what, where's Sigur Rós in there? The Killers? It was a good album, no doubt, but Ãgaetis Byrjun is approaching perfection. Hot Fuss is not. I could say the same about over half of that list, to be honest.

Urgh.

Er, Haden is also right. Jeff Buckley - Grace should be topping that list, surely.

Powerslave is better than all those albums. Before I scanned it, I was pretty sure at least The Number Of The Beast would make it (it got to number 1 way back when).

But I guess teh Maiden can't compete with the likes of The Spice Girls *shudders*.

......best of the rest.........Dark side of the moon didnt make it into the top 100 then? WTF?!?!?!?

It's not actually my favourite, but - ZOMG ITZ DSOTM!!!11 :hehe: =P I thought everyone voted for that....... There are so many bad thigs there...... how is parachutes behind x and y as well? How is the sex pistols there? wha..... :nono:

and i cant see my fav album anywhere (Animals) :red:

Excellent choice for number 1 (although I would have put the White Album.)

This list really shows that music from the 60's and 70s is far superior than the majority of reptitive and emotionless garbage that gets churned out every year now.

Where the crap is Grace :weep:

I concur.

It's Radio 2, no wonder. Radio 2 is rubbish.

Excellent choice for number 1 (although I would have put the White Album.)

This list really shows that music from the 60's and 70s is far superior than the majority of reptitive and emotionless garbage that gets churned out every year now.

Blame R&B & Hip Hop for that. :wink:

As soon as I saw American Idiot by Green Day I couldn't take the list seriously.

Hmmm, a very disappointing list. Why so much U2 and Coldplay (other then Rush of Blood to the Head, which I have a bit of a liking for, but not enough to warrent top 100 ever). Perhaps an alternative top 100 could be constructed by forum members, although it would probably end with major arguements.

Blame R&B & Hip Hop for that.

Ai, leave the Hip-hop alone, sure there is a lot of commercial crap Hip-hop around, but that's the same for any genre. I'm not going to defend R'n'B though, that actually is shit.

Blame R&B & Hip Hop for that. :wink:

How can you blame R&B & Hip Hop for modern rock music being shit. :wink:

Okaaaay.... that list is just messed up. Where the hell is 'Muse - Origin of Symmetry' ffs!!?

Where the crap is Grace :weep:

A very, very fucking good question. Anyone else care to justify Radiohead clockling in below Madonna?

Okaaaay.... that list is just messed up. Where the hell is 'Muse - Origin of Symmetry' ffs!!?

I never really liked that album. Back when I was getting into "rock" music and listening to some commercial indie (oxymoron?) I thought Absolution was amazing, so I picked up Origin of Symmetry, but I found it so, so dull. I ended up giving it to my g/f at the time and didn't even keep a copy of the tracks on my PC.

Quite right, i think ranting and raving at this list thingy is most definately the thing to do here. Keep it up.

In al fairness, most of the top ten in the list are amazing albums, but no way is the list really representative of the very best. too much beatles love too, although Revolver is incredible.

Sign in to follow this