N-Europe

Stargate TV Shows

somme

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watched the ep

Yeah I thought the same, even a mention of him would have been enough though. I assume the problem would have been that we know Jonas would never have gone along with the Lucian Alliance so all they would have to do is ask him.

....or maybe he died when the Ori took over Langara and they just forgot to mention that :p

I thought the episode was ok but not brilliant. I was hoping for more McKay on the ship interacting with Eli and Rush.

Also this complete mess with SGU being cancelled and because of that the Atlantis movie pretty much dead just messed everything up so we couldnt even get a mention of Atlantis to see what had gone on there since the finale seeing as the SGA movie was supposed to be set before this ep.

• 2 weeks later...

SGU continuation, other movies dead — for now

Don’t expect to see Stargate Universe — or any other part of the franchise — come blazing back on television or DVD. At least not in the near future.

Stargate writer, executive producer and mastermind Brad Wright took the stage earlier today at Creation Entertainment’s Official Stargate Convention in Vancouver, British Columbia and proceeded to update and clear the air on the fate of the latest series, Stargate Universe.

“We just recently found out that the SGU movie is not going to happen,” Wright said during his stage panel today. “It took too long. We just couldn’t get it together in time, and the window has closed. It’s actually sad for me, because after 17 years, I’m cleaning out my desk tomorrow morning.”

The capacity crowd at the Metrotown Hilton in Burnaby listened in silence, with some attendees visibly in tears, as Wright waxed reminiscently on the almost two decades worth of the franchise he’s had a hand in creating.

“It was a great ride and I felt really good about [sGU] and about Stargate in general,” Wright continued. “When something’s been a part of your life for 15 years, it kind of takes you over.”

“There are moments I’m so proud of and remember with fondness. I really enjoyed the last day of shooting ‘Unending’ [sG-1's series finale]. And I enjoyed every day on the set of Stargate Continuum. I’m very paternal and I love watching people become great at their jobs. I’m so proud of the pier scene [in Atlantis' Season Five episode 'The Shrine']. Joe [Flanigan] was so powerful in those scenes.”

Wright also confirmed that the proposed Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis movies have been permanently shelved, along with another movie idea he had been trying to get a greenlight on, which would have combined and involved cast members of all three series. Scripts for the first two of those projects, tentatively titled Stargate: Revolution and Stargate: Extinction (respectively), were completed well over a year ago.

What does this news mean for the future of the Stargate brand and the franchise? In the short-term, there are no plans to begin production on anything Stargate-related. But it’s a situation Wright doesn’t see as final — even if he’s not a part of it.

“It’s a franchise. Stargate is not over,” he said. “Somebody smart from MGM is going to figure it out, and something will happen.” Wright said, adding that he’s embracing the chance and prospect of writing material that isn’t Stargate related, and will be actively working on other pilots.

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2011/04/wright-sgu-continuation-other-movies-dead-for-now/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

:cry:

Edited by Happenstance

I can't frakking believe they are just gonna leave the crew of the Destiny stranded in the middle of nowhere without some sort of a proper conclusion. Hell even if they'd just allow them make one more ep and they destory the Destiny and all the crew and everyone on Earth can go "ah well that's the end of that 9th Chevron business anyway" even that would be suitable cause at least we'd know what happened to them.

Reboot the fucker!!

Dear gods no :shakehead

Way too early to even consider, if there was just SG1 and no Atlantis or SGU maybe. But it WAY too early for anyone to think about rebooting the franchise. Perhaps in 20 years maybe and it would have to be done proper like the BSG one.

It's never too soon for a reboot (Spiderman, Batman and Superman say hai!). Especially considering for most people Stargate ended when the film did.

It's always too soon for a reboot. You can always add to things, there is NEVER any reason to reboot it every time you hit a wall

Stargate's been going downhill since season 7 of SG-1, it shouldn't be a surprise MGM are pulling the plug. If Wright and the others had done a better job over the years, who knows how long the franchise could have gone on for.

I disagree, I find S10 of SG1 to be some of the show's best. Heck, all of SG1 is gold barring a few season 1 episodes. Atlantis was really good also

What a load of crap. Sometimes it gets to a point where adding stuff just won't cut it. Stargate could be huge if rebooted right. It's amazing that something Roland Emmerich helped come up with has lasted so long.

Stargate has hardly suddenly hit a wall either. SGU has been dying a slow death.

I have no trouble believing Stargate could have as much mainstream popularity as Star Trek. No chance in its current form.

As for rebooting superhero films, I don't see what the big deal is. Comics have loads of iterations going on at the same time and they get rebooted a crap load.

Stargate has hardly suddenly hit a wall either. SGU has been dying a slow death.

Not helped with how they've written themselves into a hole. Apart from the Lucien Alliance (who are awful - if the Goa'uld or Ori couldn't take Earth than the LA shouldn't even be a threat), the Milky Way is at peace. While the Ori were great, they can't just keep making people from other galaxies appear in the milky way. Atlantis was good, but the "ancient ship in another galaxy" only works once. The Stargate organisation is also stupidly big - the fact that it's still supposedly a secret just seems to be a massive joke.

I agree, they can't really add much more to Stargate. A reboot would be better. It doesn't even need the same characters - just the basic premise.

After it had been off the air for eighteen years. So if there's no new Stargate TV show in the next two decades, maybe then you'll have a point. :indeed:

Edit: Also, The Simpsons, Gunsmoke, Law & Order and several other TV shows have had longer runs than Stargate, but that doesn't make the show's run any less impressive. So I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. :hmm:

After it had been off the air for eighteen years. So if there's no new Stargate TV show in the next two decades, maybe then you'll have a point. :indeed:

Edit: Also, The Simpsons, Gunsmoke, Law & Order and several other TV shows have had longer runs than Stargate, but that doesn't make the show's run any less impressive. So I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. :hmm:

Star Trek > Stargate.