NEurope
somme

Stargate TV Shows

I enjoyed that ep. Disliked that the civillians backed down so easily at the end. Was hoping they'd at least be defiant. It isn't like the military would kill them all or anything. Capitulation just ends badly.

Did like the fact they brought in a one episode guest Doctor from Season 8 of SG1. Same name, same actress. Helps cement the connection between the shows

I'm prolly the only one here on Youngs side, haha, the place needs leadership and the best place for it is with the military. (Even Roslin in BSG eventually came to realise that) Ok fair enough Young left Rush behind, but he did that for the benifit of everyone else, I think we all can agree if Rush had the chance to leave eveyone behind and get Destiny to himself he would in a heartbeat. I don't get why Young dosen't just tell everyone that Rush tried to frame him for when the other guy shot himself

I maintain that Rush is the pragmatist and only since Young snapped and left Rush on the planet has he come round to Rush's way of thinking, granted from a different perspective. Either way, Rush knows so much more about Destiny that Young doesn't really have a chance without him.

I maintain that Rush is the pragmatist and only since Young snapped and left Rush on the planet has he come round to Rush's way of thinking, granted from a different perspective. Either way, Rush knows so much more about Destiny that Young doesn't really have a chance without him.

But he's got gunssss!! and guts! Atm I am loving the internal approach they have about the show. Focussing on the ship and the tech, which was the main reason why I LOVEEDD Atlantis.

I am dreading the day they go back to exploring planets.. its going to be like a monster a day ala smallville, disease an episode ala house... Though I did love the time travelling episode on the planet... I do love my temporal anomalies / sun flares!

Just watched the latest episode.

I totally get Rush's frustration and sadness about not finding out the answers to the planet. It wasn't an exhilarating episode but I thought it was pretty good.

I wish they'd hurry up and open more of the ship up. That thing with the robot was pretty interesting.

ep 13

I wonder if that ep might end up as forgetable filler or will we see reference to it again later. Like if they might run into the aliens that made it?

DId some civilians end up staying on the planet in the end? I couldn't quite tell I think some did? Maybe it was the same aliens as before and when they appear again we'll find the civis that stayed behind in some stasis tanks like Rush was.

Or maybe the Anicients went and put it there, it did seem a little "too" perfect don't ya think. Maybe some felt a bit sorry for the peeps on Destiny and maybe unable to just bring them home provided them with a new one?

Or maybe JUST MAYBE... could it have been the FURLINGS... ZOMG!!!!! :heh:

I think this show really suffers from a lack of original soundtrack. Some of the songs they play are awful.

...I miss BSG...

ep 13

I wonder if that ep might end up as forgetable filler or will we see reference to it again later. Like if they might run into the aliens that made it?

DId some civilians end up staying on the planet in the end? I couldn't quite tell I think some did? Maybe it was the same aliens as before and when they appear again we'll find the civis that stayed behind in some stasis tanks like Rush was.

Or maybe the Anicients went and put it there, it did seem a little "too" perfect don't ya think. Maybe some felt a bit sorry for the peeps on Destiny and maybe unable to just bring them home provided them with a new one?

Or maybe JUST MAYBE... could it have been the FURLINGS... ZOMG!!!!! :heh:

I think some civilians stayed on the planet. Can't see their logic though: "Hmm... we are 8 people or so. Let's stay on the planet and live the rest of our lives together in this ultra-small society that will certainly not make us all go mad or something."

Just got to the recent ep. Shame you guys seem to be getting apathetic. I thought it was a good episode

Good to see Daniel again, even though it was a "Carter in the Puddle Jumper" appearence. I found the episode really good. Felt the Stargate roots, had mystery and was all in all a good episode. Interested to see what will happen with the Eli, Chloe, Scott & Greer trapped on a planet scenario

Yeah, I thought it was a really good episode. Apart from the Hitchhikers line. I also thought Chloe's geek line was funny. I don't think she still deserves the hate.

Im going back to watching them on Sky now, shame we're just over a week behind now but I can live with it

Im going back to watching them on Sky now, shame we're just over a week behind now but I can live with it

That'll change. The US is going to have a week off around Memorial Day weekend so

And Play & HMV have confirmed after months of us concerned it'll only come on DVD, that it's coming on Blu Ray :D

Newest epispde was good. :)

Sooo...they're trapped again. Good stuff. I'm liking the cliffhangers.

:D

Shame you just know they're going to get back. Would have been nice if they'd used this as a chance to introduce a new group of characters.

I wasn't expecting them to miss it again, I was expecting a dial in last second

Good episode but I couldn't really follow the logic how it's beneficial that the weakest part of the FTL drive got blown up. Of course efficiency is increased but total power decreases. I also start to get annoyed how they quickly resolve cliffhangers from previous episodes. I mean you could make a lot more out of the story how Eli and the others struggle to get back to Destiny.

WTF?

Ok ep was decent but WTF was up with how Eli and co got back, jesus that was easy. The way the ep was panning out like they weren't even going to be seen in it, I was expecting a future ep with some great adventure for how they get back to Destiny, then they just come waltzing through the stargate, WTF.

Anyone see that the remaining episodes have all aired in Ukraine? Ive read the information on them (being the spoiler obsessed idiot that I am) and they look pretty good.

Ukraine? How random lol

I enjoyed that episode despite the obvious points you guys pointed out

The second half of this season has been so much better than the first half. Not to say the first half was bad, but it had Episode 9 (Life) in which took the average down considerably despite its strong episodes like Air and Time.

I'm really getting to enjoy SGU now. Now they just need to add more of the classic Stargate humour and it'll be brilliant. There were some bits in Episode 15 which we getting there

I've pre-ordered it on Blu Ray here now they've finally announced its release :D

Isnt the full season boxset not getting released in the US until about November while we get it around June/July? Gotta love that :p

I think im gonna enjoy SGU a lot more when I can watch it back to back on dvd, the slower episodes will be fine with their character development then.

Wanted to ask as well, whats everyones opinions on Greer these days? Personally I still cant stand him and he might be one of my most hated characters in all Stargate history!

Wanted to ask as well, whats everyones opinions on Greer these days? Personally I still cant stand him and he might be one of my most hated characters in all Stargate history!

In the first half of the season I'll admit I didn't like him very much. However since the Jungle planet episode (Time?) he's beginning to grow on me, although I can't put my finger on what's changed.

I'd say the character that I can't stand the most would be Colonel Young.