N-Europe

Wii: Revolution countdown

mike-zim

so there was a piece of news saying that stores would be getting a countdown to the release of the Wii. i was thinking what a good idea this was.:idea:

i think that once the information has been released this website should have something similar.

so really what i want to know is do you think it is a good idea, and what else should / could nintendo do to get the message out there?

and what else should / could nintendo do to get the message out there?

Countdowns are a good idea. Perhaps Nintendo should erect some large LCD countdowns in town centres across the country with simply the word 'Wii' on them.

If anyone didn't know what a Wii was before, they would once the word spread.

Guest Stefkov
Countdowns are a good idea. Perhaps Nintendo should erect some large LCD countdowns in town centres across the country with simply the word 'Wii' on them.

If anyone didn't know what a Wii was before, they would once the word spread.

you just wanted to say that to put the word erect in there didnt you..:wink:

but good idea though.

i remember seeing the ones for the dslite and i was surprised, even if in one shop it was hidden in the corner, however it has a window for a wall so peopel outside could see it, the rest were all behind the counters.

Yeah I think it would be great for the site to have a coutdown to the Wii,

and when it reaches zero, the site's name could change to Wii-Europe!

(though I probably won't be here to see it because I'll be buying the Wii, plus I don't really care if the site stays as Revo-Europe!)

Nintendo should make sure they go about their Wii advertising in the same way as they have the DS advertising (which I'm sure they will), which means;

- Advertising between popular and prime-time show (which the DS has been great at doing),

- Sponsoring TV shows; maybe taking over from the DS as Channel 4's comedy shows sponsor, which reaches a great audience!

There should be a billboard campaign around London and other major cities etc...

Plus I'm sure the Wii will get plenty of positive press coverage (as it has been getting already) in the papers, on the internet etc...

Something like this in the streets with just wii. One in each country's capital.

harryPotterLaunch200507_2_l.jpg

And a full white page in all the newspapers, saying the days left for wii in the bottom.

But do we really expect this? I mean we know the work of NOE...

Not that good... But I agree that was way better than with the GC. But there's even more to be done with such a special console that wii is...

(in Portugal it only apperead in one magazine for non-gamers... almost anyone know about it and... we're in Europe...)

Edi: And that DK ideia is awesome :D

It's definitely not connected by phoneline, and it looks the the messege being displayed can be changed.

I doubt that any of staff in-store were told how to change the scrolling text (as the bloke who set it up didn't know much either apparently).................most likely a rep will come in and put the date on a few days after Leipzig. I'll check it out in more detail tomorrow if I've got time.

They've done great with the DS!!

I would agree with you, however after hearing that horrible japanese womans voice selling the DS in the breaks of 9 out of 10 cats I'm not so sure. That might just be in the UK though. *Shudders*

NOE will need more of a kick up the arse to sell the Wii.

It's definitely not connected by phoneline, and it looks the the messege being displayed can be changed.

I doubt that any of staff in-store were told how to change the scrolling text (as the bloke who set it up didn't know much either apparently).................most likely a rep will come in and put the date on a few days after Leipzig. I'll check it out in more detail tomorrow if I've got time.

let's hope it's not left to store staff :( some stores will just be too lazy or incompetant (sp? sorry) to do it :S