NEurope
Helmsly

Sonic And The Secret Rings

Damn may have to actually love the wii then if single player is decent. Its the only console I have set up that I can let my young cousins play on.

I can actually see them doing alot of sonic games like this - such as Sonic and Neverland. Etc.

I can remember in one of the old sonic comics where Sonic and Dr.Robotnik were changing into all these different characters from books.

Link to a Q and A Session at ONM

A part of it here :

Here's the answers to our ASK ONM thread on Sonic And The Secret Rings. Let me know if you want to see something like this again in the future for any other big games we're covering.

THE ANSWERS

Here you go folks, all the answers you need. If your question isn't answered here, it's either because we can't answer it (it may reveal spoilers for example) or it's already been answered for someone else.

How does it controll? Do they work well?

Yup, the controls work well enough. As you probably know, you control Sonic by holding the Remote on its side and tilting it left and right. For the most part this is accurate, and you do feel in control most of the time.

It is alot like a 2d game, right? It's on 'tracks'.

Well, yeah, sort of. When we say it's like the 2D games we mean it takes the game back to its roots with just fast gameplay and simple controls. We don't mean it plays just like the 2D games because they offered more freedom (you could walk eithe rforwards or backwards). It's maybe not the best example because it makes it sound worse than it is, but it's more like the bonus stage in Sonic 2 or Sonic Rush.

Does it have multi player?

Not in the main Adventure mode. It does allow up to four players in Party mode though.

Do you find that the sheer speed of the game increases the difficulty? In some videos it looks far too fast to be able to react to things quickly enough.

Yes and no. Many of the times when it looks like it's going stupidly fast you're usually not in control (it's a set-piece or something). The game deliberately starts things off quite slow (well, slowish) so you can get used to the controls, then when you later unlock speed upgrades the game will progressively get faster.

Lot more to read here

that of course means that it will probably get average of around 70% from everyone else.and from gamespot around 4.4 haha.

that of course means that it will probably get average of around 70% from everyone else.and from gamespot around 4.4 haha.

If this game does turn out to be crap-ish, I'll be well disappointed.

But as it stands, should be more than decent. Don't tempt fate, man.

i really hope it will tuen out well i really hope i am wrong because if i am right there will be a severe games drought which was promised woulnt happen.

From the sounds of things,I doubt i'll be dissapointed.But if it turns out crap(which i'm sure it won't) i'll be dissapointed like Flinky.

But as it stands for me,it sounds to good to be bad.

From the sounds of things,I doubt i'll be dissapointed.But if it turns out crap(which i'm sure it won't) i'll be dissapointed like Flinky.

But as it stands for me,it sounds to good to be bad.

The situation seems a bit similar to Red Steel. As in, there's a lot of promise with this, but will it live up to the hype, etc.

The only difference is, I think this will. There's been previews, videos, and now reviews, and there's been no major issues reported. Actually, maybe that's something to be worried about. :heh:

lets not forget that ngamer gave red steel a 90 too and THAT was also an exclusive review. the word exclusive and nintendo mag in one sentence seems to be dangerous

lets not forget that ngamer gave red steel a 90 too and THAT was also an exclusive review. the word exclusive and nintendo mag in one sentence seems to be dangerous

Red Steel is pretty much a love-hate game, though. It's not like it consistently got good or bad reviews. It got good AND bad reviews. I just don't think gamers knew what to expect at the end of it, which meant not as many people purchased it. But, there have been some people on here who have got it and were surprised. I played it and I thought the controls, which were heavily criticised, were pretty good.

Yea it is a bit similiar,but as you mentioned aswell the reviews,previews and footage have all been good so far.I mean there will be a lot of replay value,the speed of it looks good and the camera is great,I even think I can get my sister into Sonic because of this.

And I liked Red Steel, I thought the reviews where just really harsh :heh:

if OMG are right and it really does feel like your in control at all times.then i will be happy but i dont think its the revolution most sonic fans wanted.

the word exclusive and nintendo mag in one sentence seems to be dangerous

*Looks at Play Magazine's Review of Sonic The Hedgehog....85%*

It's not just Nintendo magazines.

Yea, Red Steel Is a love/hate game. I wouldn't give it 90%, but definitely in the high 80s.

Yea, Red Steel Is a love/hate game. I wouldn't give it 90%, but definitely in the high 80s.

Yea that's what I would give it aswell.

hmm in that case i must consider red steel but at this late stage what for a price cut.will they be called players choice again i wonder

You know I never thought of Player Choices for the Wii.But if you can find Red Steel cheap I recommend getting it.

They're making a sequal for it.

Also i'm interested in these later levels in the game and the "speed" upgrades,I just hope you can go really fast in this.

They're making a sequal for it.

Also i'm interested in these later levels in the game and the "speed" upgrades,I just hope you can go really fast in this.

Source for them making a sequel.

Official Red Steel forum, developer posted "just wait for Red Steel 2!" in a context that made it seem like the real deal.

Also, sales have been real good. Ubisoft recently commented on the importance of owning IP, using Red Steel, Assassin's Creed and Rayman as examples.

Both of these items are from certain places, but I can't possibly be arsed to look them up right now. :)

Eurogamer and Red Steel forums anyway.

on topic: Sonic is fast.

WE are talking about sonic not red steel

I thought you meant we were going to get a sonic and the ... games

Damn you got my hopes up and shot them down

I would give you a source but I plain can't be bothered right now.Ubisoft listed on their site that they were looking into experienced programmers/developers for Red Steel 2.

I'll find you it later on if you still want.

But back on topic when is this released in Japan?

I know the Eu and US date but heard nothing about there's.