NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
CoolFunkMan

Hair straightening [help!]...

Okay, so I'm gonna sound like a total wuff, but I'm outta options atm and need advice.

I have really stupidly thick hair, and I mean stupidly thick. Atm, I'm trying to grow it long and have become so annoyed with the big hair look that I've bought some hair straighteners.

Anyways, I used them (after washing with hair straightening shampoo and spraying heat protection into it whilst it was damp then blow drying) but it still looks really big. What really annoyed me was the fact that I had a few colleagues laugh at me whilst I ws at work earlier.

Someone recomended some serum, though someone else said that that prolly won't work. I'm running out of options here, so does anyone have advice? Thanks in advance if anyone can help....

My hair is big, thick, and caveman like, i could do with a hair straightener too. but there must be a simpler way to go about it with good ole fasion h2o

I have hair straghtners, as its teh macho thing to do :heh:.

I dunno what could help you to be honest, ask in your local superdrug

After drying and straightening (too much of this will totally ruin your hair btw) I reccomend something from the Bedhead range, their products are great.

What I tend to do is sleep on it or wear a beanie for a bit, that controls the big-ness.

What I do with my hair is wash it the night before, then straighten it the next day. I dont know if it would make any difference to what you do, but you could try

also, the serum that you can get for your hair to make it stay works, but makes it look really greasy

After drying and straightening (too much of this will totally ruin your hair btw) I reccomend something from the Bedhead range, their products are great.

What I tend to do is sleep on it or wear a beanie for a bit, that controls the big-ness.

Ty for that, it's deffo an option I'll look into. ^^

I'm meant to be going out tomorrow afternoon, so I'm gonna go get the stuff I'll need in the morning and sort my hair out soon after. I'll be sure to check by here first if anyone has any other options though.

What I do with my hair is wash it the night before, then straighten it the next day. I dont know if it would make any difference to what you do, but you could try

That's what I do and i've got thick hair.

wet-to-straight straightners work well. if you have a style you want get it thinedout abit.

This will sound scary for any bloke, but I would suggest getting your hairdresser to use thinning scissors. Worked well on my hair, although my hair isn't majorly long, and isn't stupidly thick. You could give it a try.

wash just with shampoo, no conditioner. wrap it in a towel and let it dry naturally untill its just slightly damp put in a very small amount of leave in conditioner. i used some Avon stuff my mum had spare. worked a treat. have to use just a small amount else it makes it greasy. a little "pool" about the size of a penny in the palm of your hand should do.

only use the hair dryer if you really must and then get a defuser for it. also don't do the "bend over and blow dry hair upwards" thing, that makes for big hair as well....

This will sound scary for any bloke, but I would suggest getting your hairdresser to use thinning scissors. Worked well on my hair, although my hair isn't majorly long, and isn't stupidly thick. You could give it a try.

Take this advice, whenever i get my hair trimmed for split ends, the hairdresser person alweays thins it out, 'tis awesome. It stops the puffing and general 'big'ness of long hair for a couple of months.

Yeah just get it thinned out a bit. Or even just go to a big chain unisex hairdressers and ask for their advice, they won't judge you as much as your local barber who has been there since the 50s.

Take this advice, whenever i get my hair trimmed for split ends, the hairdresser person alweays thins it out, 'tis awesome. It stops the puffing and general 'big'ness of long hair for a couple of months.

Quoted because the man speaketh teh truthzor. Just go to a barbers or whatever and explain that you're happy with the length, unhappy with the thickness and intend to straighten it regularly. They should sort you out good and proper. if they know their stuff they can probably reccomend some decent product for your type of hair too.

Ty for the help folks, I'm deffo gonna go for the thinning out option. Though I don't know if I'll have time before I'm out, so I'll pick up some conditoner and book a hair apointment for within the next few days.

Thanks again everyone! ^^

Thanks for the help! It still looks a tad big, but deffo a lot better than before! Here's how it is now anyways...

Photo-0004.jpg

You guys rule! ^^

Sign in to follow this