NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
ocelot

One MAJOR thing thing that worries me about Wii, and could be its downfall...

Looking at the games that I want on Playstation 3 I realised that they were all story driven games.

What worries me is that gameplay is all nice and lovely, but without a good storyline to back it up, it will seem like an empty shell, well that's my opinion.

I believe game franchises like; Metal Gear Solid, Jak and Daxter and Half Life sell so well is not just the gameplay but the story as well.

So far there isn't one game for the Wii which has a kick ass storyline, this to me could be the downfall of the console.

Opinions?

Maybe Zelda, Red Steel and Metroid Prime 3 will have good stories. I wouldnt know because I havent completed them yet, hell I havent even played them

Looking at the games that I want on Playstation 3 I realised that they were all story driven games.

What about RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDGE RACER? Story: Drive or die! Enticing...

What about the giant crabs and there weakpoints for MASSIVE damage? Enticing..

There are story driven games on the Wii, Disaster: Day of crisis, Red steel, P.R.O.J.E.C.T hammer will most probably be that way too. Its early in the consoles life, you currently only know the tip of the iceberg.

Day of crisis, Project hammer, Red steel, Metroid, Zelda.

How on earth did i forget Zelda?

Red Steel, Zelda, MP3, Disaster will all have solid stories. Half Life is on other platforms and are we gonna see those games that you talk about on release?

Opinion: I don't care for your opinion...

Red Steel, Zelda, MP3, Disaster will all have solid stories. Half Life is on other platforms and are we gonna see those games that you talk about on release?

Opinion: I don't care for your opinion...

That's a bit gay of you, anyway...

Zelda has the same storyline as every other Zelda game and it's hard as Link doesn't talk, I don't like FPS games so I won't be buying Red Steel or Metroid Prime 3, plus no one knows anything about Disaster so I don't think we can say it has a good storyline or not.

I have hope for Suda 51's "Heroes."

I believe game franchises like; Metal Gear Solid, Jak and Daxter and Half Life sell so well is not just the gameplay but the story as well.

Oh well... someone will be pissed about this, but I couldn't care less....

In my humble opinion 99.9 percent of videogames have horrible, stupid and cliched stories if compared to fine literature or well done movies. Metal Gear Solid 2, for example, had incredibly stupid plot that made me just shake my head. It had so many contradictions, corny one-liners and characters that acted unbelievably. And even that wasn't even enough. Story's pacing was horrible and in many scenes any sense of drama was spoilt by cutting into twenty minute long Codec conversations that really didn't anything to story. For "The Matrix / Pirates of the Caribbean" generation story was probably hottest thing ever...

In my humble opinion 99.9 percent of videogames have horrible, stupid and cliched stories if compared to fine literature or well done movies. Metal Gear Solid 2, for example, had incredibly stupid plot that made me just shake my head. It had so many contradictions, corny one-liners and characters that acted unbelievably. And even that wasn't even enough. Story's pacing was horrible and in many scenes any sense of drama was spoilt by cutting into twenty minute long Codec conversations that really didn't anything to story.

That's weird because I thought the complete opposite, I was really into that game and it's my favourite of the MGS series.

I didn't find it confusing, I can't remember any contradictions, and I thought it was very well acted, and I adored the storyline and pacing (it kept me playing) it's odd how opinions can be so different.

I agree with you though that most games have stupid storylines, and that's what worrying me about Wii. Because today it's equally important in video games to have a good storyline and good gameplay, otherwise what's the point of JUST proceeding to the next level without an objective, or even better, an interesting objective.

In my humble opinion 99.9 percent of videogames have horrible, stupid and cliched stories if compared to fine literature or well done movies. Metal Gear Solid 2, for example, had incredibly stupid plot that made me just shake my head. It had so many contradictions, corny one-liners and characters that acted unbelievably. And even that wasn't even enough. Story's pacing was horrible and in many scenes any sense of drama was spoilt by cutting into twenty minute long Codec conversations that really didn't anything to story.

:bowdown: Spoken like a god :bowdown:

Seriously Ocelot, if you just wanna play MGS and Daxter then start saving for a PS3. You started this thread by questioning how many Wii games will have a strong story. We answered that question and now what you are actually saying is that you don't like many of the Wii games for a handful of different reasons.

So from my point of view what you are saying overall is:

"I don't like any one game really for the Wii, eventhough I don't know much about any of them (it would seem). Therefore the Wii will fail." Just cos you don't like the games...

Also I said what I did before because I think that your opinion is bogus and I stated that because you asked for my opinion.

:bowdown: Spoken like a god :bowdown:

Seriously Ocelot, if you just wanna play MGS and Daxter then start saving for a PS3. You started this thread by questioning how many Wii games will have a strong story. We answered that question and now what you are actually saying is that you don't like many of the Wii games for a handful of different reasons.

So from my point of view what you are saying overall is:

"I don't like any one game really for the Wii, eventhough I don't know much about any of them (it would seem). Therefore the Wii will fail." Just cos you don't like the games...

Also I said what I did before because I think that your opinion is bogus and I stated that because you asked for my opinion.

I am planning on getting a PS3 and Wii. What this thread is is me asking what is the importance to the people who post here is a story to a game.

To me it is vital to have a strong storyline and to me, games like MGS 2, 3 and Killer 7 are games I tend to revisit because of the strong stories.

I just noticed a pattern in what games I play and don't play after I've completed them, and all of the ones I don't play after I finished them didn't have a good plot.

So I'll ask again, how important are good stories, in YOUR humble opinion (I'm directing this to everyone not just Jamba) to the succses of Wii as a console?

To me is gameplay comes first after the story but do games really sell well for the story or gameplay?

final fantasy and dragonquest are both coming out for wii

how is it the most stupid thread ever!?It's a fantastic idea ganging up on the new member isn't it!?

I don't agree entirely either though.I thought resident evil 4 had a poor story line...I mean save the presidents daughter la di dah,But i didn't care and neither did anyone else.!I do believe a games plot is important and nintendo games uaually aren't the best for this!i really think over doing the plot like metal gear solid 2(la le loo le lo for gods sake!)can ruin the game!Some people act the prick sometimes though.OMG i hate halo 2 becaus the ending sucks!these people are sicking!

Knock it off, guys. Constructive criticism is good, but please be friendly towards each other, too. :)

I don't think you've got anything to worry about, to be honest. From the days of the NES to the GC, we have had some cracking games with good storylines. I don't see why this will change.

What this thread is is me asking what is the importance to the people who post here is a story to a game.

Why didn't you simply said that in the title of this thread? Instead, you make it sound like there is a major dilemma with the Wii itself that might bring it down.

The content of the games is up to the devs, you twit.

:blank:

Why didn't you simply said that in the title of this thread? Instead, you make it sound like there is a major dilemma with the Wii itself that might bring it down.

The content of the games is up to the devs, you twit.

:blank:

I did you freak, put on your reading glasses and re read my first post.

And I think it is a major dilemma.

I did you freak, put on your reading glasses and re read my first post.

And I think it is a major dilemma.

I mentioned the title, dumb-arse. Not the first post.

Sheeesh, what a mongo!

:indeed:

I mentioned the title, dumb-arse. Not the first post.

Sheeesh, what a mongo!

:indeed:

First you can't read, and now you're contradicting yourself...

So do you want to stop now or shall I continue laughing at you.

Holy flaming nora! Chill out.

I will settle this once and for all.

Ocelot, you said: "What this thread is is me asking what is the importance to the people who post here is a story to a game."

And Obi, you said: "Why didn't you simply said that in the title of this thread? Instead, you make it sound like there is a major dilemma with the Wii itself that might bring it down."

Ocelot, you said: "I did you freak, put on your reading glasses and re read my first post.

And I think it is a major dilemma."

Ocelot, he did say in the title, as i have mentioned with the bold tags. Therefore, you can stop being so cocky about it.

Now, both of you, be quiet. Either you do this nicely and in a constructive manner, or this thread gets locked. By me. Now.

Understand?

I agree to an extent. The, perhaps gimicky, perhaps novelty nature of the controller could make the Wii simply a 5 minute wonder. The conventional games consoles are a tried and tested, sucessful formula. However I reckon the Wii will pull through :)

Oh and on another note, what's with this? :horse:

Sorry about that Fierce-Link, It's just frustrating when A) People read your topic wrong and then B) Start calling you names

Oh and on another note, what's with this? :horse:

It's a new smiley that Rokhed asked me to add. I obliged, and now it is there. :D

First you can't read, and now you're contradicting yourself...

So do you want to stop now or shall I continue laughing at you.

I can't read? You can't even write!

What this thread is is me asking what is the importance to the people who post here is a story to a game.

Or read:

Why didn't you simply said that in the title of this thread?

Yep, is time for Ocelot to go back to school AGAIN!

:laughing:

I completely agree AND disagree with Ocelot...

here's why - Eternal Darkness wouldn't be half the game it is without it's story. BUT, Viewtiful Joe has an awful story but is absolutely amazing, easily just as good!

Sign in to follow this