NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Atomic Boo

Best way to dowload songs?

I got my ipod because it was one of the only ones available for 60GB, but watching videos on it is crap. The firmware they keep updating it with messes them all up and the screen is so fragile your bound to have scratches easily. If you buy an ipod you HAVE to boy some sort of case to protect it and then it just doesn't seem so stylish anymore, recently my ipods been running a bit slow buts i think thats probably because of 50GB worth of music is kicking its ass everytime i load it.

would have went for the creative one but it was only 30gb for more money, other mp3 players have alot more options and settings that can be messed around with on the actual player while ipod you need to do just about everything on the computer (include charge it on the new versions, kills some of the portable element) i mean, even being able to delete songs through the ipod i would like to be able to do. and then finally, not being able to get your songs back off if your computer breaks down or your going to buy a new one without using dodgy 3rd party software which messes up the ipods software (EPHpod is anybody cares) i mean, its effectively a portable hard drive it should be 2 way.

man, i'm gonna go kick it right now.

See, I disagree with this. For 15 quid per month, you get unlimited access to their massive music library. So no matter how many songs you download, you don't pay any extra. And it's legal. And it's easy enough to use. AND you can put them all on your MP3 player.

I know you said you stopped using it, but for other people. Do you really want to carry on paying £15 a month for the rest of your life to keep listening to music you're now taking for granted and will never be able to listen to again if you stop paying.

What happens if you stop paying and the music's still on your MP3 player? It wouldn't know unless you plugged it in....

Do they still do free trials? :heh:

Also, those .ru musics are legal in Russia, but it's illegal to use them here. You might as well just use Limewire for free - same legality. Saying you didn't know it was illegal isn't an excuse.

I know you said you stopped using it, but for other people. Do you really want to carry on paying £15 a month for the rest of your life to keep listening to music you're now taking for granted and will never be able to listen to again if you stop paying.

What happens if you stop paying and the music's still on your MP3 player? It wouldn't know unless you plugged it in....

Do they still do free trials? :heh:

Unlimited music for £15 a month? People pay it. That's why Napster is #2 after iTunes (ok, the market share is like...10%, but its still second).

Hell. If you don't want to copy it to your MP3 player, its a tenner a month!

just curious, although you people know how to get music for free (eg. limewire or torrents), why do you use itunes and pay?

I pay because I like the bands I listen to. And if people aren't going to pay for their music then they won't be able to continue to make music.

And I like to think when I'm successful later in life and I'm making/selling stuff I'm hoping a customer is going to pay for it and not run off and steal it.

I've never totally understood that either. Buying albums is one thing (despite the gross DVD prices they have), but on services like iTunes where the songs can only be played on iPods (and iTunes of course) it just seems unappealing to spend money on.

A physical album can only be played on a cd/dvd player, a computer or an mp3 player after being ripped. This applies to iTunes you can create CDs, put it on your iPod and listen to it on the computer. If you rip created cds the music can go on any mp3 player, albeit thats a bit of a hassle. And for 79p a single, £7.99 an album, I'm not complaining, those prices are cheap as chips.

I got my ipod because it was one of the only ones available for 60GB, but watching videos on it is crap. The firmware they keep updating it with messes them all up and the screen is so fragile your bound to have scratches easily. If you buy an ipod you HAVE to boy some sort of case to protect it and then it just doesn't seem so stylish anymore, recently my ipods been running a bit slow buts i think thats probably because of 50GB worth of music is kicking its ass everytime i load it.

would have went for the creative one but it was only 30gb for more money, other mp3 players have alot more options and settings that can be messed around with on the actual player while ipod you need to do just about everything on the computer (include charge it on the new versions, kills some of the portable element) i mean, even being able to delete songs through the ipod i would like to be able to do. and then finally, not being able to get your songs back off if your computer breaks down or your going to buy a new one without using dodgy 3rd party software which messes up the ipods software (EPHpod is anybody cares) i mean, its effectively a portable hard drive it should be 2 way.

man, i'm gonna go kick it right now.

Lol, I actually agree with all of that. The most annoying thing is not having a plug to charge it wherever. If I go away somewhere I have to buy a £20 adapter to charge it. Very annoying. If you could use iTunes with any other mp3 player I'm not sure I'd use iPod. Still, the whole iTunes thing outweighs the other issues for me atm.

The thing with ipod's is that they have sold so many, you are going to get a few busted ones. Especially as I am sure a lot of people don't treat them with any sort of respect what so ever. I'm sure if Creative had sold as many they would have just as many faulty ones.

The thing with ipod's is that they have sold so many, you are going to get a few busted ones. Especially as I am sure a lot of people don't treat them with any sort of respect what so ever. I'm sure if Creative had sold as many they would have just as many faulty ones.

Exactly. Like Mariosmentor said, there are a few issues with the iPod, but nothing too big. People talk about iPods as if they are these items that break if you just look at them.

I've just a number of friends who own iPods, and as far as i know, they have no problems with them.

I think the people who hate iPods are part of the same crowd who buy higher end graphics cards and worry about such things as performance. A lot of us just want something that's easy to use and gets the job done. :heh:

I think the people who hate iPods are Jordan

Agreed.....

Haha, genious, but i dont buy high end stuff, and i hate them.

I think it's more of a " creative is better" thing for me. Even though i have neither.

I think it's more of a " creative is better" thing for me. Even though i have neither.

You have neither yet somehow believe the 'creative is better'. Does sound a little like someone is jumping on the 'I hate ipod' bandwagon.

I hate iPods 'cos they're too expensive for what they are :/

£20 usb flash mp3 player does me fine :D

E: on second thoughts, i don't hate them, just6 think 'fuck that' at the thought of buying them.

You have neither yet somehow believe the 'creative is better'. Does sound a little like someone is jumping on the 'I hate ipod' bandwagon.

Why Creative is better:

• Cost. You'll generally find the equivilant iPod atleast £40 more.
  • Features. The Zen's are unrivialed only by iRiver in this department. They can play more 3rd party codecs and everything doesn't have to run in Apples own formats.
  • Formats. They have NOTHING to gain. They don't have any of their own media formats and as such don't force the consumer to run formats.
  • Looks. The latest Zen's are incredibly nice looking and are damn well built.
  • Sensible stuff. The screens don't scratch to crap like the iPod Nano and you can actually take the battery out if the damn thing crashes.
  • Battery Life. Theres nothing in hell the iPods can do to keep up here.

Why Creative is worse:

• Crashing. My Zen PMC crashes all the damn time. This however is mostly to do with Windows XP Portable MCE, this wasn't a good choice.
  • Law suits. Suing Apple for a menu system was low, really low.
  • Having to use Creatives software. Although they don't force you to use a certain format, Creative's main transfer program sucks HARD. This is where iTunes has the advantage, i have to use Windows Media Player 10 to sync my files... yey.
  • User desirablity. "You haven't got an iPod. Lolololol". 'nuff said.
  • The worst, worst and worst thing. STOP BRINGING OUT NEW MODELS EVERY 2 FREAKING MONTHS.

I find the fact that a lot of Creative mp3 players don't support .ogg quite annoying. And yeah, the transfer programs are bad. But you can update the firmware of a Creative HD player to use it as a hard drive.

Law suits. Suing Apple for a menu system was low, really low.

Although Apple counter-sueing for something even more trivial was even lower.

What other ways are there to display your music?

I personally quite like the Creative Media Source. Think it's pretty simple to use and works well.

I hate iPods 'cos they're too expensive for what they are :/

£20 usb flash mp3 player does me fine :D

E: on second thoughts, i don't hate them, just6 think 'fuck that' at the thought of buying them.

He spoke truth.

Fact: This is way of topic.

I had 2 ipods, (from different shops, so you can't blame that), one wouldnt connect whatsoever, and the others hd/memory failed. Never again. neither lasted me more than 8 months, and they are so damn expensive. =(

I've got an iPod nano 1GB, haven't had a single problem with it, and I just use the same format that I rip music into (.mp3)..

I had 2 ipods, (from different shops, so you can't blame that), one wouldnt connect whatsoever, and the others hd/memory failed. Never again. neither lasted me more than 8 months, and they are so damn expensive. =(

You know all electronics have a standard 1-year warranty if it breaks and it isn't your fault?

I got a 6 gig Creative Micro. Most of the music on it comes from CD´s that i have bought, and the rest is downloaded from the Tesco music site. Each track is about 60p each.

You know all electronics have a standard 1-year warranty if it breaks and it isn't your fault?

Last time i checked it was 2-years for electronics, in all countries of the EU.

The problem I have is:

I'm usually buying CD's because they are easy to put onto the zen and i dont want to have to make an account with credit card details, although I could use Tesco because its the same as Itunes - 79p per track.

However:

(when i buy an album i like to have the full album not just a couple of tracks)

I can buy Jack Johnson CD's for £7.99 (or under)

I can buy his tracks for 79p

There are 14 tracks; 14x79 = £11.06

So buying the CD would be cheaper

But if you're buying metallica albums

Most metallica albums are around £10.00 each

There are about 9 tracks on each

9x79 = £7.11

cheaper downloading.

conclusion: I dont think its worth dowloading songs from tesco/itunes etc, because usually you can get the WHOLE CD (baring in mind i buy the whole album, not just a few tracks) for cheaper, if not a little more. plus you actually get the CD with its cover, the lyric book and pictures, as it always seems better if you have the merchandise in your hands, not just on a computer screen.

It depends on the artist and whatnot whether itll be cheap/expensive but hey, i'll just carry on buying CD's

Sign in to follow this