NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Atomic Boo

Best way to dowload songs?

People have issues with iPods and iTunes because they are popular. Right now its cool to be 'uncool' or hate whats 'popular' etc. I have an iPod and it's great, does what it says on the tin. Same with iTunes, had mine over a year now and no problem at all, I'll buy another one too. Especially now that I have an ipod connector in my car.

It works great on a Mac, but its purposly done terrible to make people go buy a Mac.

I suppose that is no different to Microsoft offering sub-standard versions of their software to mac owners - the msn client springs immediately to mind.

People have issues with iPods and iTunes because they are popular. Right now its cool to be 'uncool' or hate whats 'popular' etc. I have an iPod and it's great, does what it says on the tin. Same with iTunes, had mine over a year now and no problem at all, I'll buy another one too. Especially now that I have an ipod connector in my car.

I think that's about right. For me, I have an iPod because it's so easy to use, and there is no messing around. I don't care if other people like/dislike it.

Right now its cool to be 'uncool' or hate whats 'popular' etc.

Wait, if it's cool to be 'uncool', then everyone who's taking the unpopular things is being cool, then surely they have to stop being cool, but to do that they'd have to start buying the popular things, which are still popular, then they'd be uncool again. But, that would be cool?

I love my iPod, I got it free from that freeipods.com site, it's very very easy to use, sorts my songs brillaintly, plays easily. As you said people only dislike them because they're popular. Shame, but they're the ones missing out :)

Incidentally I have never had a single issue with running iTunes or updating an iPod on a windows machine.

Is that gomusic.ru site seriously legal?

Yep..

i use that site. It is just raw MP3 files, no licence crap. But they sometimes dont have some albums. But that always have the popular stuff... just over $1 an album aint bad

I don't think people dislike iPods just to break from the mainstream, I for one dislike them simply for their substandard quality. The pricing is ridiculous and hardly changes, players such as Creative's to name one have much better battery life for a much lower price. iPod has become the Harley Davidson of mp3 players, a lot of people buy it for the name, yet it's technically inferior to some competitors.

(oh I'm referring to the 'big' iPods, I'm amazed at the Nano... too bad it scratches so easily)

Treading on grey ground here, but if you don't want to buy CDs all the time you could take to renting them from you local library, at least for albums that have been out for a bit.

I'm just going by the standards of my local library, but you can rent albums for around 50p a week. I think — I'd check that pricing, but it's a little late.

Don't use Napster, if you stop the trial you can't carry on listening to your music.

See, I disagree with this. For 15 quid per month, you get unlimited access to their massive music library. So no matter how many songs you download, you don't pay any extra. And it's legal. And it's easy enough to use. AND you can put them all on your MP3 player.

I actually subscribed for about 8 months, and loved it. The only reason I stopped was because my MP3 player died.

(By the way, ripping from your own CDs is illegal too!)

what?!

I buy a CD in town and then rip it onto my zen. hows that illegal?

Because the law says it is. You're buying the right to listen to the songs on the CD, not do whatever you want with them.

But it says in the Manuel that you can rip your CD's from your CD collection onto the zen. Surely they would have banned this feature if it was illegal

I was thinking of getting a iPod but i have heared alot of bad stuff about them, im not sure what rumor and whats not.

Some1 who has got one and had it awhile please spread some light on it for me! Do they realy break after a year?

I personally prefer Creative. I have a couple of friends with iPods and one of them has had to send his back twice cos it messed up. Also my other friends iPod keeps freezing up and he cant turn it off or anything and because you cant remove the battery you have to wait for it to run out... :/

But saying that i do have some other friends with iPods who have had no problems at all.

I have a Creative zen micro and love it, had it well over a year and never had any problems. Simple to use software aswell. I think most people get iPods cos thats the name they know and dont trust other makes or something...

Im gonna get a Creatve Zen vision M soon tho.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000E3U4JU/026-9141595-4883614?v=glance&n=560798&s=electronics&v=glance

I personally prefer Creative. I have a couple of friends with iPods and one of them has had to send his back twice cos it messed up. Also my other friends iPod keeps freezing up and he cant turn it off or anything and because you cant remove the battery you have to wait for it to run out... :/

But saying that i do have some other friends with iPods who have had no problems at all.

I have a Creative zen micro and love it, had it well over a year and never had any problems. Simple to use software aswell. I think most people get iPods cos thats the name they know and dont trust other makes or something...

Im gonna get a Creatve Zen vision M soon tho.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000E3U4JU/026-9141595-4883614?v=glance&n=560798&s=electronics&v=glance

Cheers Platty! I use iTunes alot and download songs via that, does the creative play iTunes MPEG4 format?

just curious, although you people know how to get music for free (eg. limewire or torrents), why do you use itunes and pay?

Cheers Platty! I use iTunes alot and download songs via that, does the creative play iTunes MPEG4 format?

Na as Odwin said to put stuff on anything else other than an iPod from iTunes you would have to burn it to CD then rip it back to your computer..

I don't hate iPods because they're popualr or whatever.. i just don't like them, mine cost 40£ less than a nano and holds 3 times as much.

I don't think they do but someone else would have to confirm that. About the iPod thing, not all of them break after a year. You only hear about a small percentage that break. It would be pointless for people to start threads claiming that their iPod is still working fine. Also, if it does break Apple's replacement service is very good. I recieved a new one (hold button stopped working) withing 3 days of sending it off. Although their call centre service is utter bollocks.

iTunes is probably the biggest reason to own an iPod, and if I was you (downloading lots from iTunes) then I would go with iPod, It depends on whether you can be bothered to convert all of your music. Then again maybe the Creative one does play those files and this whole post is pointless. :blank:

tbh, I probably wouldn't have bought an iPod either, not down to the quality, but because of value for money. Fortunately I got my iPod free : )

Weird, I only just noticed the typo in the thread title despite posting a few times.

Downloading illegal and legal music, is IMO easiest with a good torrent tracker.

cough*oink*cough

tbh, I probably wouldn't have bought an iPod either, not down to the quality, but because of value for money. Fortunately I got my iPod free : )

Weird, I only just noticed the typo in the thread title despite posting a few times.

Lol me too, I only noticed when you mentioned it.

Sign in to follow this